Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don‘t worry, ICE will make a comeback when logic prevails and we realize our electrical grid can’t handle an EV in every driveway and all the windmills/solar panels in the world can’t possibly power them anyway. Our technology is just not there yet. Fuel cells will be the answer someday.

The thing is that you'd be wrong-there is not going to be an issue with charging BEVs long term. There isn't going to be this magically flipping a of a switch where millions of BEVs are added to the power grid over night and it crashes because of that.

The thing people never hear about that that is cryptocurrency mining power requirements are higher then what a typical BEV would put on the grid. They run 24/7, where as (if your where charging at home) it would happen during the evening/night when demand is less due to several factors, nor would you need to charge your car ever night.

https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2022/05/04/cryptocurrency-energy/

“Bitcoin mining operations are in an arms race between time, the volume of miners, and the efficiency of the machines they use,” said Joshua D. Rhodes of the Center on Global Energy Policy. “When it comes to Bitcoin’s energy use, it’s currently something of a ‘wildcatter’ market. The Texas grid operator ERCOT estimates that crypto miners may increase energy demand by up to 6 gigawatts by mid-2023, roughly the equivalent of adding another Houston to the grid.”
https://www.virta.global/blog/myth-buster-electric-vehicles-will-overload-the-power-grid
Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've realized that half of the hate comes from the naming convention. It's the same thing as the Mustang Mach-E. The Mach-E in itself is a nice SUV, but the fact it had "Mustang" tied to it was why I think it got so much backlash initially. While the situation is quite different with the Blazer, if it was called anything else, I guarantee there would be much less backlash.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don‘t worry, ICE will make a comeback when logic prevails and we realize our electrical grid can’t handle an EV in every driveway and all the windmills/solar panels in the world can’t possibly power them anyway. Our technology is just not there yet. Fuel cells will be the answer someday.
I sure hope so. I am not an EV fan. Although not being independently wealthy I can't afford the $5 gas prices now so when they are 6, 7, 8, 10, etc. I either have to go EV or just stop driving altogether. I just don't see how so many people can afford to continue driving and not just about stopping or getting an economy car like I had to with these prices. Especially f you have to do a lot of driving for or to get to work. Geez I love my Bronco but it's so hard to drive the Jetta commuter while the Bronco sits.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Mach E is an SUV which is not what a Mustang is or ever was.
Prior to April 17th 1964, Mustang wasn't and never was a car.

Frankly, I think the Mach-E fits the Mustang ethos quite well. It's a relatively affordable, fundamental change to what exists in the segment. It's stylish, fast, handles well, all the hallmarks of what Mustang represents. To this point the only name in town was Tesla. Everyone else made compliance machines (Leaf, Focus EV, Bolt, etc..) The Mach-E did exactly what the Mustang did in 1964, brought style and performance to a segment that that had little.

Ford's decision to include it in the Mustang family was a smart one. Instant brand recognition for a brand new model.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The thing people never hear about that that is cryptocurrency mining power requirements are higher then what a typical BEV would put on the grid. They run 24/7, where as (if your where charging at home) it would happen during the evening/night when demand is less due to several factors, nor would you need to charge your car ever night.
Who is arguing cryptocurrency is a good thing? Not me.

As for branding exercises (and the Blazer), I think it's dumb Ford turned "Bronco" and "Mustang" into names for "families" of products. Remember the Taurus X, which was actually a crossover? Or the Ford Explorer Sport Trac, which was actually a small pickup truck? Or my VW Jetta Sportwagen, which was actually a Golf Sportwagen everywhere else in the world, and was later named the Golf Sportwagen even here in the U.S. before VW killed it? Dumb, dumb, dumb. Automobile marketers make stupid decisions all the time. Bronco Sport and Mustang Mach-e are two of them.

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want Chief Brody’s Blazer

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco Sport and Mustang Mach-e are two of them.
But yet Ford is laughing all the way to the bank with them.

Bronco Sport is just a more user friendly Bronco that is slightly smaller then the 4 door bronco

The Mach E is way to keep the Mustang name alive instead of it dying off like the Camaro and Firebird.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I couldn't agree more! I had an '84 C-10 Blazer that was awesome! I honestly don't know what Chevy is thinking. Call that thing something else, don't bastardize the Blazer name!

My Bronco is also the first Ford I've ever owned...... Happy with my Blue Oval so far!
Same here I was raised with Chevy all I've ever had! They really screwed up with the Blazer if they would've done the retro thing I would"ve been first in line. I've always liked the old Broncos also and that is why I got a 2021 Bronco have had it since December and I'm enjoying the hell out of it!! I'm glad so far I didn't buy a new Silverado.

Sponsored

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They should have called the first car out of the new electric Ford company the “Model E”.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I worked at a Chevy dealership when the "Blazer" came out. We were one of the first dealerships to get one, and people were coming in to see it.

I think the first week, I personally had about 5 or 6 people come in to test drive one.

The looks on their faces when they saw it in person, were gold. One of them stayed to drive it. It was for his daughter who was turning 16. The rest of them were all like, "oh...wow...yeah that's not what I was expecting at all. I don't think I need to drive it, but thanks for your time"

There was all this hype that it was going to go for way over sticker, and people were trying to get customers in to buy it so they could get this 'big bonus' while the managers tried to decide what to put for the ADM.

The first one we got ended up being there almost a month before it sold. At a little less than MSRP.
Sponsored