First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been a lifelong Chevy guy which may not make sense given that I am a new owner of a '22 BL SAS 7-spd but with what Chevy has done to the Blazer namesake, I just could not take it any longer. See below: an early Blazer vs today's Blazer. After pasting the two images into this thread, I want to cry.

This article reminded my of what I felt when Chevy introduced the 'new Blazer' a few years back. What an atrocity. Hey Chevy: the world doesn't need another bland, fake-off road, "driving appliance"...I've already got a dishwasher....thanks though.

Aside from the new 'Vette, there are precisely zero product lines holding that company together. What a shame. The Bronco will only aid in Ford eating Chevy's lunch for the next decade and beyond. I'm stoked to be in camp Blue Oval for the first time!!

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2024-chevy-blazer-ev-photo/

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Blazer: Death of the Bowtie 1655148821549

VS

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Blazer: Death of the Bowtie 1655149180979
Sponsored

BigBadBluBronc

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 1997 XJ Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been a lifelong Chevy guy which may not make sense given that I am a new owner of a '22 BL SAS 7-spd but with what Chevy has done to the Blazer namesake, I just could not take it any longer. See below: an early Blazer vs today's Blazer. After pasting the two images into this thread, I want to cry.

This article reminded my of what I felt when Chevy introduced the 'new Blazer' a few years back. What an atrocity. Hey Chevy: the world doesn't need another bland, fake-off road, "driving appliance"...I've already got a dishwasher....thanks though.

Aside from the new 'Vette, there are precisely zero product lines holding that company together. What a shame. The Bronco will only aid in Ford eating Chevy's lunch for the next decade and beyond. I'm stoked to be in camp Blue Oval for the first time!!

VS

I couldn't agree more! I had an '84 C-10 Blazer that was awesome! I honestly don't know what Chevy is thinking. Call that thing something else, don't bastardize the Blazer name!

My Bronco is also the first Ford I've ever owned...... Happy with my Blue Oval so far!

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is an atrocity and global loss to the 4x4 community. What a blatant and disgraceful decision Chevy made to call that thing s blazer. Ford isn't innocent though. Look at the mach e

OP
OP
heynow14

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is an atrocity and global loss to the 4x4 community. What a blatant and disgraceful decision Chevy made to call that thing s blazer. Ford isn't innocent though. Look at the mach e
Very good point. That Mach-E thing is just craziness. If Carroll Shelby was still alive, he'd have called in an airstrike... LOL!!

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel the same way with the "Bronco Sport" they should have used another name for that model. I'm tired of trying to explain to people that those aren't really Bronco's.

Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I couldn't agree more! I had an '84 C-10 Blazer that was awesome! I honestly don't know what Chevy is thinking. Call that thing something else, don't bastardize the Blazer name!

My Bronco is also the first Ford I've ever owned...... Happy with my Blue Oval so far!
Chevy guy for the last 25 years. This is the 2nd Ford for me, Im happy at the choices that Ford has offered.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VS

@heynow14, you're a rockstar!

3334384.jpg

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While it is horrible what they did to the Blazer name, it's a nice looking vehicle.

Nothing beats the feeling of pulling up beside one and looking down to admire it from my Squatch.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 72 K5 and if Chevy would have came out with a retro revival first I probably would have gone that route. But, they massacred it and Ford is taking advantage of the situation.

Sponsored

E. Davis

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Formerly a 1966 Mustang owner. Currently a 2019 Mustang owner. Couldn't agree more about the poor branding choices for both the new Blazer and the Mach E. I've driven the Mach E and I think it is an excellent car in many ways. But there is nearly 60 years of legacy for the Mustang brand (granted a few bad years in the mix, but largely iconic nonetheless). The Mustang brand means a 2 door sporty coupe, front engine, rear wheel drive. An electric sedan / SUV, however great a car it may be, should have never been allowed to wear the mustang pony. If Ford wanted to stay with the horse theme, fine. Go with Colt or Stallion or any one of a dozen other names for a horse.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, no, they're going to sell a ton of those. Mach E's are nearly as hot as Maverick/Bronco. No one said peep about Ford calling the EV F-150 a Lightning, and that has more demand than Bronco. EV are here to stay, and I think that's a brilliant move on GM's part.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Bronco vs Blazer: Death of the Bowtie 1655154804762

This is what I was rooting for.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have bet money GM would create a Blazer in the form of a Bronco.