Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And the current Blazer is named correctly. It follows the evolution of the Blazer from K-5 to Trailbazer.
It only follows what Chevy wanted to do with the name for marketing reasons and nothing more, the current "blazer" shares no lineage to the original Blazer. The K-5 turned into the K-1500/GMT-400 series Blazer, which is an identical vehicle to the later Tahoe. All of the true Blazers shared a fullsize truck architecture. The Tahoe is the vehicle that carries the Blazer lineage today, even though there is no two door Tahoe variant that could be called a Blazer. The trashy little SUV that carried the Blazer name was simply the next generation of the S-10 blazer, but since the Blazer was now being called a Tahoe, they just decided to drop the S-10 prefix and call it the blazer because the name was free and still commanded respect. It didn't become the next evolution of the Blazer, it was merely the name that it had trotted around with like a kid in dad's shoes. The trailblazer was a continuation of the S-10 blazer's lineage, which is still being produced today. The current "blazer" lineage is traced back to literally nothing, it is a peasant with no lineage, and shares nothing but a once proud and marketable name. It's by no means a continuation of the definitive Blazer, nor of the S-10 blazer, not even the silly trailblazer SUV. Chevy has forever tarnished their honor and the Blazer name, their abomination is universally hated across every spiral arm of the galaxy, and they will burn in the fires of a thousand Saharan suns for their heresy.

Also I'm a little miffed about the whole deal too, but I have a nice Bronco, so šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No idea but I felt it was a good idea to park next to it in an un crowded parking lott
!
Wow that chicken is in great shape! Was it a repaint or original?

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Chevy had come out with a REAL Blazer, that's what I'd be driving. Oh well. I love my Bronco.
Ford tricked Chevy with the bronco sport, and letā€™s just say they took the bait šŸ˜‚
Wouldnā€™t matter to me,
I wouldā€™ve still bought a bronco over a blazerā€¦

Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It only follows what Chevy wanted to do with the name for marketing reasons and nothing more, the current "blazer" shares no lineage to the original Blazer. The K-5 turned into the K-1500/GMT-400 series Blazer, which is an identical vehicle to the later Tahoe. All of the true Blazers shared a fullsize truck architecture. The Tahoe is the vehicle that carries the Blazer lineage today, even though there is no two door Tahoe variant that could be called a Blazer. The trashy little SUV that carried the Blazer name was simply the next generation of the S-10 blazer, but since the Blazer was now being called a Tahoe, they just decided to drop the S-10 prefix and call it the blazer because the name was free and still commanded respect. It didn't become the next evolution of the Blazer, it was merely the name that it had trotted around with like a kid in dad's shoes. The trailblazer was a continuation of the S-10 blazer's lineage, which is still being produced today. The current "blazer" lineage is traced back to literally nothing, it is a peasant with no lineage, and shares nothing but a once proud and marketable name. It's by no means a continuation of the definitive Blazer, nor of the S-10 blazer, not even the silly trailblazer SUV. Chevy has forever tarnished their honor and the Blazer name, their abomination is universally hated across every spiral arm of the galaxy, and they will burn in the fires of a thousand Saharan suns for their heresy.

Also I'm a little miffed about the whole deal too, but I have a nice Bronco, so šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

It amazes me how so many people feel a corporation tarnishes their "honour." I know Citizens United grants personhood to a corporation, but attributing honour to something that is only a legal entity is absurd.

And it it a continuation. The introduction of the S-10 Blazer was an acknowledgment thay the K-5 sieres was dead. Yes they did rename it the Tahoe but it lost its two door models fairly quickly.
The K5 lived for 25 years with lack luster sales
The S-10 for 29 years with decent sales
The Tahoe for 32 and continuing with excellent sales

Your romaticization of the K5 ignores the fact that it's only success was killing the Bronco through producing a larger unwieldy vehicle.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you go for a full-size Blazer/Jimmy over the Bronco? I would. I feel slightly cramped in a Bronco, but not as much as in a Jeep - maybe its the seats.
Interesting, I feel so much less cramped in my Bronco. The interior room and feel was a large deciding factor, and once my wife test drove the Bronco she admitted she felt cramped in the Jeep.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I never understood it either. GM must have known Ford was cooking up a proper body on frame off-roader when they came out with the new Blazer. Itā€™s just an Equinox with some Camaro-esque styling. Theyā€™ve been out for years and I still think Iā€™ve seen fewer than a dozen on the road.
I think they knew but couldn't develop a real Blazer quickly enough, so instead they opted for the Blazer name to beat the Bronco to market.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Blazer name went from....
"I blaze trails through mud and mountains and impregnate anything that moves"

to...

"Should I wear this blazer to the dinner party, dear?" "I don't care what you wear, Keith. Just stop calling Applebees a dinner party and start acting like a real husband"

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Blazer - Bronco competition killed off both while the Jeep just sallied on. Why would Chevy care to reinvest in that little battle when the market is small and fragile?

Besides the Bronco didn't compete with the Blazer until it moved to the F sieres chassis, a move that resulted in it's demise.

And the current Blazer is named correctly. It follows the evolution of the Blazer from K-5 to Trailbazer.
Looking at production data, I think the Bronco is third behind F series and Explorer chassis, if i recall. Not a small market based on demand

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It amazes me how so many people feel a corporation tarnishes their "honour."
Yeah this is wild to me, too. Automakers exist to make money, they don't give a shiiiiiiiiiiiit about "history" beyond how it can make them more money. Any bullshit the marketing departments spew about Heritageā„¢ or Historyā„¢ or Lineageā„¢ is purely a ploy to sell you something.

i CaN't BeLiEvE FoRd WoUlD tArNiSh ThE bRoNcO nAmE wItH tHe SpOrT. Bro they want to make money - they would name it the "Edsel Ford Thunderbird Falcon Mustang Torino Mustang (again) Ass Destroyer 9000" if it would move 10 more units a year.

Bronco, Mustang, Blazer, Cherokee, doesn't matter, they don't care.