Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Alright, so I have a dilemma.

I've lost a lot of faith in Ford and am considering getting something else for several reasons. A K10 popped up locally with a brand new 700HP built 598cu big block engine along with a built trans, 1 ton axles, lockers, new paint job, perfect body, no rust, etc. I can afford to pay cash for this K10 with the money I was going to use as a down payment on the Bronco... The reasons I'm considering are as follows:

1. No loan. Like I said, I can pay cash and wont have a payment.

2. Not sure my beater will last until Ford gets the bronco delivered to me. I was a day 1 reservation but I live in Alaska, we just got our very first Bronco Sports....

3. I'm worried modern electronics will cause issues with certain features on the bronco. Automatically disengaging lockers and traction control that can't be turned off 100% for example

4. I'm one of the people who plans on taking the Bronco on real offroad adventures if I get it and am worried about the ability to perform trail fixes on a modern vehicle with so many electronically controlled components.

Whichever one I get will also be my daily driver.

(If I buy the K10 I'll be taking most of the lift out of it, and yes I'm aware 700HP is a lot for a daily driver. But it wouldn't be the first time I've had something like it.)

Advice/recommendations/suggestions/thoughts?

Ford Bronco Bronco vs custom built 700HP K10 118350867_3182752365141283_2562476195625758733_o

Ford Bronco Bronco vs custom built 700HP K10 00b0b_2iLEfGu2MNr_600x450
Sponsored

jonboy1225

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A long list of 3 pedalers, and various tow trucks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Down payment vs early square body with some serious hardware rust free in Alaska? Geez pick something that isn't a good argument ?​

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you trust your Ford dealer will be quick with any warranty claims, then I would stick with the Bronco.

The previous owner didn't get rid of the K10 because it was perfect and without flaws.

*disclaimer: I'm a Ford guy and would never get the K10

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright, so I have a dilemma.

I've lost a lot of faith in Ford and am considering getting something else for several reasons. A K10 popped up locally with a brand new 700HP built 598cu big block engine along with a built trans, 1 ton axles, lockers, new paint job, perfect body, no rust, etc. I can afford to pay cash for this K10 with the money I was going to use as a down payment on the Bronco... The reasons I'm considering are as follows:

1. No loan. Like I said, I can pay cash and wont have a payment.

2. Not sure my beater will last until Ford gets the bronco delivered to me. I was a day 1 reservation but I live in Alaska, we just got our very first Bronco Sports....

3. I'm worried modern electronics will cause issues with certain features on the bronco. Automatically disengaging lockers and traction control that can't be turned off 100% for example

4. I'm one of the people who plans on taking the Bronco on real offroad adventures if I get it and am worried about the ability to perform trail fixes on a modern vehicle with so many electronically controlled components.

Whichever one I get will also be my daily driver.

(If I buy the K10 I'll be taking most of the lift out of it, and yes I'm aware 700HP is a lot for a daily driver. But it wouldn't be the first time I've had something like it.)

Advice/recommendations/suggestions/thoughts?

Sweet!!! '76? What is it to going to cost to drop it down?

OP
OP
Coldsteele

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sweet!!! '76? What is it to going to cost to drop it down?
Close, it's a 77. I'll have to replace the driveshafts and the shocks at the very least, it's got 12" suspension lift and 3" body lift

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see the K10 as a comfortable and reliable daily. It is a rare truck to be rust free and I wouldn't expect it to lose any value within the next year. Go ahead and get the K10 now, still order up the Bronco, then sell the K10 the week before your Bronco is due to arrive.
Sponsored