Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weā€™re deep (pun intended) into ā€˜you canā€™t fix stupidā€˜ territoryā€¦. but, Florida. Nuffā€™ said.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For giggles I just measured how high my alternator sits on my 2.3l Badlands with 33s and it's right at 31-32 inches. So I'm pretty the max fording height is set by the alternator height, which is just over the top of the bumper...

So what I gather from this is people exceed max manufacturing specs and complain when it breaks....?

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboatsā€¦
Your Bronco Model
Base
This stuff is what I use.

https://smile.amazon.com/BOESHIELD-Corrosion-Protection-Waterproof-Lubrication/dp/B001447PEK/ref=sr_1_32?crid=DEAFOT5RTOQ9&keywords=electrical+parts+water+spray&qid=1662668758&sprefix=electrical+parts+water+spray,aps,163&sr=8-32

I've used it forever on electrical stuff, bikes, etc. Old coworker turned me on to it and said it was developed by Boeing for aircraft but that may or may not be true. WD40 or any silicone lubricant will work and cheaper. Its no cure all but does provide a thin film to help repel water. I spray it on every time I now there will be water crossings.
Thanks. That stuff is pretty tenacious. If I recall correctly it had a tendency to build up on bike drivetrains, which probably bodes well for this application. The White Lightning chain lube was worse by far. Built up like crazy and real tough to clean off. Would probably be good for this application.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For giggles I just measured how high my alternator sits on my 2.3l Badlands with 33s and it's right at 31-32 inches. So I'm pretty the max fording height is set by the alternator height, which is just over the top of the bumper...

So what I gather from this is people exceed max manufacturing specs and complain when it breaks....?
That's the jist of it. Ain't Ford's fault if they're wheeling in water too deep

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"I've met the kinetic rope, and you sir, are no kinetic rope ā€“ You're a tow strap!"

YouTube: Where off-road recovery experts* go to show you exactly what not to do.

See also: TFL Trucks. Someone is eventually going to get hurt until they learn proper rigging.
HAHAHAHA this post killed me. I am 100% with you on TFL.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That will be interesting, because a lot of people conjectured that that is the reason they everglades only came with a 2.3.

And yet a 2.3 was one of the Broncos that had issues.
Look ford knows what there doing ok šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
General rule is water to the headlights and go in slow like people said. Sadly I am pretty sure the ones that stalled from the water are probably toast but it is just a matter of time. Almost all vehicles I have seen that have done that last a few thousand miles before the cracks in the pistons finally fail. Hate to admit I did it myself. Took 10k but boom. Mine was because I had removed the up stack from my airbox after living in Phoenix and no water to worry about then moved to PNW and forgot to put it back on. Was not over my headlights but was high enough to get the box. I did pull the header to dry it out and removed the plugs/ cleared the water. Also going in fast is an issue because of the design of the intake. Anything over the hood and you have a direct drain into the airbox.
Ford Bronco Bronco vs Deep Water ... 3 Broncos Down (Exceeding Maximum Water Fording Depth) 1662679850567

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, was thinking the same. But if water made it past the filter, into the turbo and intercooler before the cylinders I would be a bit concerned.
This is actually a very good point that I havenā€™t thought about. How susceptible are turbo engines to Hydrolocking? As you said in order to get into the cylinder it needs to get into the intake, through the turbo, through the intercooler and back up what is essentially a giant P-trap in order to make it into the cylinders.

Not that I want to find out And thereā€™s probably some other issues but whatā€™s the likelihood of actually Hydrolocking these? Also if you get water down to the inner cooler would the continuous hot air flow dry it out within a short drive?

@flip any thoughts having looked at this enough to plan your shielding.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i will have to disagree. It is actually causing a divide with responsible Bronco owners specially here in FL. Thereā€™s a lot of us down here not seeking fame, or fortune and just want to enjoy our Broncos and time with each other. Some of her shenanigans are making the rest of us look bad.
Come on seriously? How many millions of people in florida? Her channel is very small. Lets not over blow this. I dont think anyone reading this thought anything about anyone in florida or the few thousand people across the world that watch it on youtube. Little dramatic

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I take it many donā€™t read through the posts since there are many posts on here but the bronco is fine, Operator error, and I actually wasnā€™t flooring it. If I floored it, you would know because the flowmaster outlaw is loud. I am not saying what I did was smart but everything turned out okay. Ford did a great job with the bronco and it survived my stupidity. I have 18,600 miles on my bronco and still going strong without one issue.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Status