Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HAHAHAHA this post killed me. I am 100% with you on TFL.
It's like watching bad firearms training videos... extremely uncomfortable knowing the potential consequences. TFL seem completely oblivious to what could happen. Their latest "Bronco Tug of War" almost bit them in the ass, but, since nothing 'bad' happened, their ignorance remains bliss.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guessing you’re looking at a poorly functioning tailgate if you don’t reinforce it.
Sure. But in the picture they have a tailgate reinforcement system. IMO, even 35's (not the featherweight Sasquatch Goodyear tires) should have tailgate reinforcement. Ideally, a tire carrier that transfers the weight to the frame is preferred. But only dealing with the stock configuration, it seems prudent to reinforce the tailgate when going for bouncy rides.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What design issue? He exceeded the water fording depth and that’s somehow Ford’s fault with a bad design? They didn’t build a submarine, nor did they advertise it as such. It has limits defined by Ford and they were exceeded.
Read the thread again, including my entire post where I also mentioned driver error. The design flaw has been discussed by multiple members, including the gentlemen I quoted:

Yeah the alternator does need to be relocated but that has nothing to do with rookie mistakes in several feet of water and Youtube clickbait.
This is why an alternator located near the top of the engine bay (ala Jeep) is ideal
Raising the alternator might not have helped in this situation, but it's a valid design potential improvement.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For giggles I just measured how high my alternator sits on my 2.3l Badlands with 33s and it's right at 31-32 inches. So I'm pretty the max fording height is set by the alternator height, which is just over the top of the bumper...

So what I gather from this is people exceed max manufacturing specs and complain when it breaks....?
Only if your mom and dad are also brother and sister.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure. But in the picture they have a tailgate reinforcement system. IMO, even 35's (not the featherweight Sasquatch Goodyear tires) should have tailgate reinforcement. Ideally, a tire carrier that transfers the weight to the frame is preferred. But only dealing with the stock configuration, it seems prudent to reinforce the tailgate when going for bouncy rides.
Agreed, yet people are going to strap this stuff on, load it up and wonder wht they have issues. Almost like running way too fast into water deeper than the forge depth.

Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's like watching bad firearms training videos... extremely uncomfortable knowing the potential consequences. TFL seem completely oblivious to what could happen. Their latest "Bronco Tug of War" almost bit them in the ass, but, since nothing 'bad' happened, their ignorance remains bliss.
Man, that is the truth. Been a certified firearms safety instructor for 35 years. The shit you see on YouTube is amazing. The lowest point in human history has to be the guy blowing his leg off with Tannerite from 25 feet. One can only hope it also rendered him unable to breed. Darwin FTW

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did not even give the video a watch, doesn't deserve the clicks for doing something, that did not need to be attempted.
Right? It should be called stupid clicks. Like the idiots Venmoing Kyle Jenner money so she can be the youngest billionaire.

Mr.Schmancy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco is fine. No issues at all after. The video is focused on one bronco that had an alternator issue. The other Bronco had water in the intake like mine. Once we cleaned out the airbox, it was fine.

So letting the airbox dry out and it was fine after that? Close call. What ended up being the issue with the other girls bronce with alternator issues do you know? Just curious what a fix may be like if attempted.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

have to be smart about things. i've went through 2-3' with 33s. i also did it slower, good approach angle, and it was a stepped, not a dive i floored into.

lift it if you want to do stuff like that..

clickbait. basically they took some water in the intake and it was fine but said alternator and three broncos. also took a flatbed to the mansion and then drove it off lol.

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well.... I learned a few things from this thread.

1- I didn't know about creating a wave while fording through a puddle. That's good to know. So thanks for that.

2- There are some real @;(#$ on here. Come on guys. Yes, mistakes were made. If you know better than use the opportunity to educate.

Bashing people or their efforts to share their new found passion for Broncos isn't helping anyone. We are all on this forum... together.

A lot of us are new to the off-road world, myself included. Help us learn, in a positive way.

Be better.

It's not fine.

Steph

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2007 Tacoma back in the day.

My buddy called and said he was playing in the pond in his lifted Blazer with 35s and my truck couldn't do it. I went to the store put 33s on my truck and played in the pond all by the end of that day. Yes, I was just a stupid kid but had the truck 3 more years with 0 problems.

Last edited:

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are FORD mid size trucks fella's; not submarines . "SHAME" on you! LOL.🤮🚤