Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hate Mud and water, Only go through it, if there is no way around it, when driving to some big rocks.

As stated above
This is 100% Driver Error.

It does not matter what the actual depth of the water is compared to the rated fording depth.
When you dive in and create a wave over your hood, that temporarily exceeds the rated fording depth and that water hits your engine. At that point, it's a crap shoot. Bad stuff may happen, Bad stuff may not happen.

Go in slow, and accelerate out. That makes the water go around the vehicle, vs over it.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see you're continuing with your typical :poop: posting, 🤡. One of these days Doug (@Administrator) will just section of a special little forum for your crybaby shit talking posts for you. Do you thrive off of creating these negative posts with your BS?
Sucking water into the intake is driver error and not a design issue. Yeah the alternator does need to be relocated but that has nothing to do with rookie mistakes in several feet of water and Youtube clickbait.

drowned.png

drowned2.png

This guy even stated the issue as he was taking the intake apart to check the filter.

Here you can actually see the water pouring back out from under the hood on both sides.
drowned3.png
How are you gonna call someone else a crybaby while you ask for the manager?

I don't see why you gotta attack the OP; this was a nice discussion of a potential design issue and incoming fix, along with a nice lesson in driver error before you came in and started insulting people.

We make this truck better by bringing attention to these issues so that Ford can fix them, not by ignoring it and sweeping it under the rug.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like most of us, I’m starved for Bronco content. That being said, this YouTube channel is annoying at best and I never take the click bait. They have been beating up on that bronco from day one. I’m not talking challenging off-roading that tests the vehicle. I’m talking driving like a 15 year old who snuck out for a joyride and is willing to take any dare.

Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those Broncos will never be right again.
I agree! Mud puddles and deep water are not appropriate for any modern vehicle.
My Bronco is fine. No issues at all after. The video is focused on one bronco that had an alternator issue. The other Bronco had water in the intake like mine. Once we cleaned out the airbox, it was fine.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you watch the video 2 of the three had water in the intake. That is over fording depth. In fact, in the beginning of the video, the first Bronco that they showed going through the water dunked the entire hood. Jeep, Toyota, whatever it will not run with water up to the intake. I think fording depth is about to the top of the tire. If the water is at the top of the fender and you pound through and cause a wave past your intake, you will have problems 😉
Agreed too. This is just another driver error of judgement. Thank God this happened because I heard their next trip was to cross the Atlantic.

Last edited:

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco is fine. No issues at all after. The video is focused on one bronco that had an alternator issue. The other Bronco had water in the intake like mine. Once we cleaned out the airbox, it was fine.
You don’t understand what we mean. With the amount of electronics and submersion you are going to get random error messages and failures and smells and corrosion until you sell or trade it off to the next unsuspecting sucker craving a Bronco at any cost.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are lucky. I personally do not take any of my modern rigs through deep water.

Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don’t understand what we mean. With the amount of electronics and submersion you are going to get random error messages and failures and smells and corrosion until you sell or trade it off to the next unsuspecting sucker craving a Bronco at any cost.
I am pretty sure I know what you mean. I have absolutely no random error messages or failures. The Bronco has been running for about 3k miles since this incident. It smells great inside because I let it drain and rinsed it out. If you were close you would be more than welcome to smell the inside of the Bronco but there is absolutely no smell to it from this. I have absolutely no plan on trading or selling my Bronco, it is an awesome vehicle.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I don't see why you gotta attack the OP; this was a nice discussion of a potential design issue and incoming fix, along with a nice lesson in driver error before you came in and started insulting people.

We make this truck better by bringing attention to these issues so that Ford can fix them, not by ignoring it and sweeping it under the rug.
What design issue? He exceeded the water fording depth and that’s somehow Ford’s fault with a bad design? They didn’t build a submarine, nor did they advertise it as such. It has limits defined by Ford and they were exceeded.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

He's been doing the same shit as long as he's been here. He takes old/current discussions and threads and starts his own for attention. He already has one thread about 1 alternator issue and then he tries to imply that these 3 are the same thing when it was clearly water in the intake. He's great at beating a dead horse, then resurrecting it a few months later for more attention.
Need an example or 2? It's one thing to be critical of a product, but FFS.

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Deep Water ... 3 Broncos Down (Exceeding Maximum Water Fording Depth) clown4

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Deep Water ... 3 Broncos Down (Exceeding Maximum Water Fording Depth) clown 3

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Deep Water ... 3 Broncos Down (Exceeding Maximum Water Fording Depth) clown 2
Ford Bronco Bronco vs Deep Water ... 3 Broncos Down (Exceeding Maximum Water Fording Depth) clow

See a pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.