Bronco vs. F-150 Raptor

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Bronco
Badlands
As been already stated, two totally different vehicles. I really like my '18 Raptor and planned on a 21/22 Raptor, but I'm not going to keep it once my Bronco shows up... for me, it's about use case and adaptability. The Raptor's size poses a few issues both on- and off-road, especially in my demographic. I like the roominess of a full-size p/u, but to be frank I can not recall having any rear passengers in my truck... The bed came in handy once for a dorm room move and has become permanent storage for recyclable bottles... surprisingly comfortable and deceptively powerful, but have been getting pulled over a bunch and caught in a couple speed camera footage!

The Bronco fits more of the scenarios that are important to me. It should have an easier time to fit in most trails and maneuver around town. The available space is more than adequate for weekend outings and my build is more in-line for the type of off-roading I want to do. The power is more than sufficient, as well.

What I will miss are a few of the extra accessories(ventilated seats, power adjustable steering wheel, power folding mirrors, huge power sunroof) on my Raptor. The Gen 3 Raptor has made some notable improvements, but $85k + requisite ADM's??? ... I'm not willing to play this time around.
Advertisement

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Bronco
Wildtrak
Even in death valley I've scraped the belly of the Raptor and been on one tight turn where the nose was pressed against the cliff and the rear tire was hanging almost over the edge. So if you want an '11 with a 6.2 it's for sale.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Bronco
Badlands
I know it should not be a comparison, fundamentally different vehicles for different purposes, but... I cannot help myself and consider the Raptor.

My Badlands configuration is up to $60K, the Raptor configuration is up to $75K (staying conservative). The price difference is significant in many ways and not that much in other ways.

The base Raptor (non-37" version) is as capable as a Bronco on paper, maybe except on the rocks, which I do not venture on. The rear suspension is significantly improved with 5-links and the front has TORSEN LSD, which is actually better than a full locker for my purposes, not to mention that Raptor has both Sport and Baja modes. It even comes with a 2 Kw generator, and the interior is not even comparable. The only real downside to the Raptor is its ridiculous size I think.

If and when a Bronco performance version hits the market, the price difference will narrow down significantly too, and we don't know what it will be like.

I am way off on this, right? Stick with Bronco, don't get trigger happy or impulsive, right?
Buy both!

OP
OP

Ft.S

First Name
Ft
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Bronco
Undecided
Buy both!
I wish! I am not that comfortable financially haha.

The more I look into the Raptor, the more I like it. I test drove a Gen 2 recently, and it was surprisingly pleasant and fun, and far more easier to drive than I was expecting.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Bronco
Badlands
I wish! I am not that comfortable financially haha.

The more I look into the Raptor, the more I like it. I test drove a Gen 2 recently, and it was surprisingly pleasant and fun, and far more easier to drive than I was expecting.
The Raptor is one hell of a truck alright!

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Bronco
Big Bend
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just get the Bronco with the 2.7L twin turbo Ecoboost; and get it tuned. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

OP
OP

Ft.S

First Name
Ft
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Bronco
Undecided
Just get the Bronco with the 2.7L twin turbo Ecoboost; and get it tuned. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I am sure you are right, however, for me it is not the power but the utility part of it. The rear passenger space of the F150, Supercrew, is so large and usable in addition to the bed in the rear, it is beyond what I can do with an SUV. The power certainly a welcome bonus.

Advertisement

Zone Offroad
Advertisement