First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know it should not be a comparison, fundamentally different vehicles for different purposes, but... I cannot help myself and consider the Raptor.

My Badlands configuration is up to $60K, the Raptor configuration is up to $75K (staying conservative). The price difference is significant in many ways and not that much in other ways.

The base Raptor (non-37" version) is as capable as a Bronco on paper, maybe except on the rocks, which I do not venture on. The rear suspension is significantly improved with 5-links and the front has TORSEN LSD, which is actually better than a full locker for my purposes, not to mention that Raptor has both Sport and Baja modes. It even comes with a 2 Kw generator, and the interior is not even comparable. The only real downside to the Raptor is its ridiculous size I think.

If and when a Bronco performance version hits the market, the price difference will narrow down significantly too, and we don't know what it will be like.

I am way off on this, right? Stick with Bronco, don't get trigger happy or impulsive, right?
Sponsored

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're right, totally different vehicles. Get both!

My 2020 Raptor 4dr is fantastic, and if I didn't have it already I would definitely get the 37" model. Having a spacious back seat and ability to carry larger items in the bed is great.

Once my Bronco arrives it may become the daily driver. The Raptor is good for road trips and Home Depot runs.

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have a Wildtak on order and I will be keeping my pretty well built 14 Raptor. The two vehicles are just too different. The bronco for me will be my everyday driver. My Raptor is just so big for daily use at times. I love my Raptor though! Stage 3 whipple with a stage 4 Rogue suspension and King 3.0 coils make for a beast of a truck.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve ghost a Wildtrak on order as do more Baja style off roading instead of rock crawling and have a 2013 Raptor. The Raptor being a truck, as a lot more versatility from larger interior space, truck bed to haul a bunch of stuff or carry your 13ft fishing kayak and you can certainly pull a 23ft ski boat or trailer full of gear and a couple of ATV’s. Certainly more than the Bronco. That being said the Raptor is tougher to get around town if its a daily driver and its roof and doors are not removable. You’d be lucky to get a Raptor at the price range you mention also.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Raptors are desert blasting beasts, very impressive at speed. I rolled with three for 8 hours on dirt service trails from Johnson Valley to Laughlin. They were kind enough to stop and wait for me to catch up.

On tight trails, switch backs, rocks, not so much... pick the right tool.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it should not be a comparison, fundamentally different vehicles for different purposes, but... I cannot help myself and consider the Raptor.

My Badlands configuration is up to $60K, the Raptor configuration is up to $75K (staying conservative). The price difference is significant in many ways and not that much in other ways.

The base Raptor (non-37" version) is as capable as a Bronco on paper, maybe except on the rocks, which I do not venture on. The rear suspension is significantly improved with 5-links and the front has TORSEN LSD, which is actually better than a full locker for my purposes, not to mention that Raptor has both Sport and Baja modes. It even comes with a 2 Kw generator, and the interior is not even comparable. The only real downside to the Raptor is its ridiculous size I think.

If and when a Bronco performance version hits the market, the price difference will narrow down significantly too, and we don't know what it will be like.

I am way off on this, right? Stick with Bronco, don't get trigger happy or impulsive, right?
You're in MD....I can't even imagine where a Raptor would be good off road in the Mid-Atlantic. It is way too wide for the trails, ungainly, and bad angles. If you just drive it at construction sites or use it as a work truck in fields...then ok. Get a Raptor...but for recreational uise around here? Not the best off roader. So there is that...but I would ask yourself:

1) Do you want to take the vehicle off road more than occasionally? If yes, go Bronco. If no, go to question 2.

2) Do you want to take the top off the vehicle? If no, go Raptor, if yes...Bronco.

CaptHugemeat

Base
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2018 CTS-V, 2022 Model Y Perf.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Basesquatch on order to go along with my loaded 2019 Raptor. I figured the Raptor will be my "nicer" fun truck and my Bronco will be my basic, off-road toy. So yeah, just get both. YOLO

In all seriousness, the Raptor is just too good to give up. Plenty of power, TONS of space, practical and the wife actually loves it too. I just wanted something a little easier to off-road with here in CO.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My plan is to buy the Bronco and keep it while also holding onto my F150. I expect the 2022 Ranger will be revealed in August. That will give me a partial picture of the 2023 Ranger Raptor. The Ranger Raptor may replace the F150. Over the next couple years, we may see various opportunities.

OP
OP

Ft.S

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Such great perspectives, thank you all.

Yes, in MD I can see how tough it may be to live with a Raptor. I can only afford a single vehicle at this time, has to do it all for me. I already have two Land Cruisers for various activities, but a Raptor or Bronco would be mine alone and not shared with the rest of the family. So, a single vehicle that can do nearly everything, Bronco probably will fall short a bit, although it would be easier to live with in our area for sure.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you plan to off-road and the Raptor will fit in your intended terrain buy the Raptor. The biggest drawback is the size. It will not fit in tight areas. They really like open spaces where they can put that 450hp to work. On road, hands down the Raptor is the smoothest and quietest vehicle I have owned. I was going to upgrade my 2018 to a 2021-22. In 2018 my MSRP was $65k. In a 2021 equipped the same I am at $75k. If I go 37's I am at $84k. Not worth getting rid of my 2018 for me. I will keep it and add a Bronco.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of connected to your post, but am I missing something? I don’t see the Raptor on the B&P on Ford’s website. Is it out, and/or is there a delay for Canadian customers? Just curious if I’m missing something here.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you mentioned it. Build & Price is finally up for Tremor. Sucks you have to spend so much on F150 to get leather. $7k more than my badlands build before I do anything else besides add 402A. With kids & dogs no way I can do cloth.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2 different vehicles so get both if you can swing it.

I currently have a 2019 BUT just ordered a 2021. My 2019 is up for sale and I still plan to get a Bronco or warthog. The Raptor is just to practical to give up.

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2019 Raptor and have a 2021 on order. I will consider a Warthog if it is a 2 door, if not I will keep my GT500 Shelby convertible.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As been already stated, two totally different vehicles. I really like my '18 Raptor and planned on a 21/22 Raptor, but I'm not going to keep it once my Bronco shows up... for me, it's about use case and adaptability. The Raptor's size poses a few issues both on- and off-road, especially in my demographic. I like the roominess of a full-size p/u, but to be frank I can not recall having any rear passengers in my truck... The bed came in handy once for a dorm room move and has become permanent storage for recyclable bottles... surprisingly comfortable and deceptively powerful, but have been getting pulled over a bunch and caught in a couple speed camera footage!

The Bronco fits more of the scenarios that are important to me. It should have an easier time to fit in most trails and maneuver around town. The available space is more than adequate for weekend outings and my build is more in-line for the type of off-roading I want to do. The power is more than sufficient, as well.

What I will miss are a few of the extra accessories(ventilated seats, power adjustable steering wheel, power folding mirrors, huge power sunroof) on my Raptor. The Gen 3 Raptor has made some notable improvements, but $85k + requisite ADM's??? ... I'm not willing to play this time around.
Sponsored