Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Aka the land cruiser. The alleged greatest off-road vehicle ever created by man or something. Not saying they’re bad vehicles at all. I wanted one. Pretty bad. But good luck finding one these days with 200k miles for less 20,000.

Given what we know so far, how do you suppose the bronco will measure up?
Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Solid axel and a Toyota wins the zombie apocalypse scenario. I do think the bronco will put a smile on your face every time you drive it with the top and doors off. It will be more fun for sure.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aka the land cruiser. The alleged greatest off-road vehicle ever created by man or something. Not saying they’re bad vehicles at all. I wanted one. Pretty bad. But good luck finding one these days with 200k miles for less 20,000.

Given what we know so far, how do you suppose the bronco will measure up?
There are only two vehicles ever designed that can be taken absolutely anywhere, without alteration, over any terrain, or into any situation, all without care or concern to the operator. Those are:

1. The 1941 Willys Jeep
2. A rental car.

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drove a FJ80 300 ft the other day for a co worker. I was annoyed by everything. All driver motion controls were touchier than a R/C car and I felt like my face was over the steering wheel with the seat all the way back. I even checked to see if the seat was broke. It wasn't. Overall the interior materials all felt cheap without looking cheap. I regularly drive a beat down comanche thats full of tools and crud. I also cram into my comanche better than the toyota. Sorry never a fan. Only toyota I have any real respect for is a marty mcfly model. But I would rather truck surf in the bed than drive it. I used to do that running through the woods in my buddies. Even that truck got beaten out in a snow storm by my Beretta GT I delivered 3 more pizzas than anyone that night. My competition was a 99 Z71 Silverado, Marty McFly, and a Corsica. I did blow that motor later in the winter, but its rpms carried it through the ice and snow.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can buy a new one for $90k.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would love an 80 series personally...

If anything ever happened to my Ranger it would be tough to get another RBV vs a 80 series or even a Disco 1/2 for a weekend offroader/tinker toy.

Kinda depends on what is left of the Ranger if something happens to it I guess.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tough comparison. The FJ80 like the Mercedes G-wagon are over-engineered workhorses from an age where over-engineering was not expensive for the customer. Not true these days. The Bronco with the Squatch package does pickup extra beef underneath. The engine (either) while good are not a low HP high torque naturally aspirated inline 6.

Interesting comparison though.

OP
OP
DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
OP
OP
DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tough comparison. The FJ80 like the Mercedes G-wagon are over-engineered workhorses from an age where over-engineering was not expensive for the customer. Not true these days. The Bronco with the Squatch package does pickup extra beef underneath. The engine (either) while good are not a low HP high torque naturally aspirated inline 6.

Interesting comparison though.
I had all intention to back out on my reservation and look at an FJ80, or the LX460? I think that’s right. I dunno... anyways all the ones I found had at least 200k on them and wanted 15-25k. Those prices made me reconsider and ultimately order a bronco.

ideally I’m looking for whatever is most capable in all terrain. I know the generalist. Let’s even go as far to say “bug Out” vehicle. I dunno

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Gamecock per the OP, "aka the land cruiser" It's sold in the US.

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know time is running out but I am still trying to decide between the Bronco and an LX470, 100 series.

OP
OP
DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know time is running out but I am still trying to decide between the Bronco and an LX470, 100 series.
sounds like you’re in the same boat I was a week ago. Do I spend 25k on a rig with 200k and potentially gremlins, or wait a bit and get arguably the best damn stock off road vehicle to hit the market in years.

me never having good luck with used cars, I went with ordering a base model with the SAMSQUANCH package

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model