Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no way to answer this without knowing your financial situation.

In the end, can you afford the Bronco, your new kid, your bills, add to your savings, and have fun $ left over? If yes... get the Bronco that you want.
I can, I just have never even thought about buying a vehicle so expensive. There’s only one life and I’ve learned from others and especially from last year that if you don’t just go for what you want, you’ll just be left dreaming. I just hope I can give the whole family some good memories with it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep the razor man I wish I could afford one of those can am side bye sides or a Honda talon to go with my bronco but there as much as a new vechicle almost lol
My wife wants to keep the Rzr, but that thing is too much fun. By too much fun I mean, dangerous haha. I’ve had a couple of tip overs on trails luckily nothing bad since I have the proper safety gear just a few broken plastics. But having a kid you kind of want to take care of yourself a little more.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As someone said if the RZR is paid off then keep it for the gnarly stuff and overland with the Bronco.My kitted out Honda pioneer 1000 is paid off so will keep it because i know what it's capable of doing(and less worried about damaging)and tow it on a trailer behind my BD.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can, I just have never even thought about buying a vehicle so expensive. There’s only one life and I’ve learned from others and especially from last year that if you don’t just go for what you want, you’ll just be left dreaming. I just hope I can give the whole family some good memories with it.
Do it man.

I've said this before on here.... you can't take your $ to the grave.

If you're responsible with investing and can still afford everything else then why not use some of the $ you've earned to treat yourself?

I only buy cars 2 yrs old. But I want this damn thing and I don't want to wait 2 yrs. So although I know a new car is a terrible investment I'm doing it and I'll enjoy the shit out of it.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need some details. Are the Rzr and Truck paid off?

If the Rzr is paid off you gotta keep it. You are also getting the green light from the wife to keep it.

don’t get rid of off road toys unless you don’t have the room in your garage. No insurance and barely any registration costs.

The better question you aren’t asking is what Toy Hauler you should get.

If all paid keep the truck, keep the Rzr and buy a toy hauler. The Bronco is never going to be as good as the Rzr.

I had to think long and hard about getting a used truck, toy hauler and Can Am X3 instead of the Bronco. It was a hard choice but for me it was easier because I have a 2017 Colorado so I wouldn’t be able to tow a toy hauler big enough to fit a SxS.

So I would need a new truck, a toy hauler and a SxS.

I chose to stay with my Colorado(which will be paid off by the time the Bronco gets in), I bought a 18’ travel trailer on the cheap and I’m getting the Bronco.

my wife can either learn stick or learn to drive the trailer, her choice. But the plan is truck pulls the trailer and then Bronco/dirt bike in the desert.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sell the F150, buy a small trailer to haul the razor, keep the Bronco. You will have a vehicle under warranty for 3 years, can still use the razor, can still haul the family and you’ll be paying insurance and p,ages for only 1 vehicle.

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a perfect world, I'd love to have both, but the Bronco:
- has a longer warranty
- is easier to store/haul
- allows you to haul more and lock stuff in it
- you can be insulated from extreme temps and weather if you want.
- allows you to connect trails with public roads in between where side by sides in places where it's not legal to do so on side by sides.

From the KOH vids I saw, it appears that the Bronco may somewhat bridge the gap between the experience of a Wrangler and a side by side due to how well it handles high speeds.

I'm trading my '19 JLUR for a Bronco Badlands, and will hope to augment it w/ a SxS when I can move to AZ, UT, or NV in the future.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everything is a compromise. I would consider how/where you off-road and then pick the most appropriate vehicles. There are tons of places a SxS can go that a bronco can't and there are plenty of places that won't allow SxS or where you need extra capacity that a bronco would allow.

The problem with a new bronco is you are probably going to want to baby it for a few years unless you are rich or simply don't care about damage. You could be 5+ years down the road before you are comfortable taking it places where you would take your SxS tomorrow without thinking twice. That's a lot of lost time and fun.

If you can swing it, I would keep the truck and SxS and get the wife the bronco (even if it's a cheaper bronco). A base-squatch will do everything a badlands squatch will on the trail, just won't be as pretty inside. If that's not an option but you want a true off-roader, then I would sell and go with the bronco, but realize you lose a lot of space over a full size truck as far as a family vehicle, plus significant towing/hauling reductions. Owning a 4x4 truck is just so nice for an all around utilitarian vehicle. Don't think I could ever not have one.
Sponsored