First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve been a GM guy for a long time. But my current truck is a RAM, I’m going to be trading it for a Bronco. The people in charge of making the Blazer a teen chick car and the Hummer into an EV deserve to be drawn and quartered. Outside of the Taho/Yukon/Escalade and Corvette, they are completely lost over there. About the only thing that could bring me back now is if they resurrected the Chevelle and dropped an LS in it.
Sponsored

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More uncomfortable-to-watch TFL recovery "what not to do's."

Someone is going to get seriously hurt or worse unless they learn proper recover/rigging.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a great call out on the regen on the downhill. I’ve noticed the same thing with an e-bike, it will regen for a while but they will cut out to help protect the system. Scary when the thing is a tank pointed downhill.
It was one very short section, albeit very steep, but not long enough to make any kind of impact on getting significant energy back into the battery. I'd be curious to see how much it regen'd fully descending the entire climb.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was one very short section, albeit very steep, but not long enough to make any kind of impact on getting significant energy back into the battery. I'd be curious to see how much it regen'd fully descending the entire climb.
I was referring to the regen “letting go” as it seemed in the video, not the lack of power generation. It takes a while to regen.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was referring to the regen “letting go” as it seemed in the video, not the lack of power generation. It takes a while to regen.
I'm with you - just wished they would have done a more realistic regen test on a serious mountain rather than "oh this short section of hill gave us 0% regen."

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are the mud holes and soft sand sections? 😁

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a hummer EV in person the other day at a GMC dealer. A guy saw my Lightning and invited me to look at his hummer in the shop getting PDI’ed. They are really big and wide, like might not fit through an 8’ door wide. I almost feel like my 2 door parked perpendicular to the front of the Hummer might be narrower. The Frunk is very small for the size of the truck, about half the size of the frunk of my Lightning. I’m sure it’s fast, but $115K is $22K more than my Bronco and Lightning combined.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been a GM guy for a long time. But my current truck is a RAM, I’m going to be trading it for a Bronco. The people in charge of making the Blazer a teen chick car and the Hummer into an EV deserve to be drawn and quartered. Outside of the Taho/Yukon/Escalade and Corvette, they are completely lost over there. About the only thing that could bring me back now is if they resurrected the Chevelle and dropped an LS in it.
Not in the market for a compact truck, but the Colorado seems like it's got some stuff going with front/rear lockers, some lift, and a diesel option, over the homely looking ranger and a dated Tacoma.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really good comparison on Bronco and Hummer EV off road.
Every time I see the Hummer I can't stop thinking that it weighs 10k pounds and looks like a carbon carbon copy of the old ones.

burntomaro

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not in the market for a compact truck, but the Colorado seems like it's got some stuff going with front/rear lockers, some lift, and a diesel option, over the homely looking ranger and a dated Tacoma.
I see so few of those around my parts that I forgot that was a thing. The ZR2/Bison builds are pretty nice and capable but outside of that trim, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Hummer looks REALLY wide! It and the Raptor are very close in width, correct?

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

bronco got 4.8 mpg.... hummer used a whole lot of battery energy..... the difference is in the bronco, if you are way out and need to get back, just step out and use your spare gas can and you are back on the trail. the Hummer would have to find a charging station out there. haha

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Considering the weight and the fact that almost no one that will buy this vehicle will ever get this extreme offroad, I think she did retty good. No front locker either. Did you catch all that steam coming from the wheel wells when he went through the water at the end of the video? Was that the breaks, or the motors or both? LOL.

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Out of curiosity - what is the primary gripe with the Silverado. The refresh is really nice and smooth, drives well and seems competitive.
Sponsored