Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love the styling of the Silverado/Sierra and they are great trucks. Not knocking them at all, more the people in charge because when they did the refresh, they did absolutely nothing with the interior. How are you going to do a complete redesign and not touch the interior.

Now the new redesigned interiors look great but that was a complete backfire not putting that interior at launch.
This is why I own a Ram Rebel. Interior was light years better. Glad I bought it, been a great truck. If I waited on better interior would have cost me $20k min with crazy prices over last 2 years.
Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the Hummer EV has a decent bit of intricacies to work out. Doesnā€™t take much digging on here to find all the issues people have had with their Broncos over the past 2 years. New product launches doing new product things.

That being saidā€¦I couldnā€™t care less about the Hummer EV. I know itā€™s a great way for GM to launch a product and justify a high starting price but a Colorado EV with smaller size, slower 0-60, and more range would be 5x more compelling. Hopefully we start to see more EV off roaders in the non luxury segment soon.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't own a GM if you paid me. I've had the worst experiences with this brand...horrible...

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't own a GM if you paid me. I've had the worst experiences with this brand...horrible...
Iā€™m not the biggest GM fan, but a single individualā€™s experience with a few units isnā€™t statistically significant. I manage a fleet of 145 vehicles, 90% of that being Chevy trucks. They take the abuse of a construction company well. Sure stuff breaks from time to time, but overall they have impressed me. The biggest issue is the 8 speed automatic trans in the 1500 is hot garbage and gets sloppy between 70K and 90K, but they replace them under warranty no questions asked. I do cycle them at 5 years or 100K miles, so they arenā€™t being run totally into the ground on my watch. Statistically the Chevy trucks have the lowest overall cost to operate as fleet vehicles, Toyota is #2 and Ford is #3. I looked at swapping the fleet to Ford, but F-150ā€™s cost too much and the fleet incentives were much lower when I did my analysis.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I watched another TFL video with the Hummer EV and it left them stranded on the side of the road. Couldn't get it in neutral, couldn't get the hood open. When they finally figured out how to reset it they had to do an asinine process on the hard reboot to get it to start. Needless to say they have had some very bad luck with this truck so far