Sponsored

Bronco vs Lincoln Corsair Reserve

• Thread starter Deleted member 19381
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 19381

Not really any comparison, but I had a 2011 MKX and now drive a 2017 MKC and while I am excited about my 2021 Bronco BD 4 door, I just sat in a Lincoln Corsair while my MKC was at the dealership for State inspection....ooooh, that Corsair was nice....if I get in the Bronco when she arrives and do not get a "wow" factor...I may just hop over to another Lincoln...either way, Ford will be happy since I will be helping their sale objectives.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The two are completely different vehicles....are you a Bronco off road top off type of guy, or a Lincoln silent cabin listen to Bach type guy? You don't need to sit in them to decide that...

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My GF has a 2017 Lincoln MKX and we love taking it on road trips but outside of a gravel road, it couldn't possibly be considered an off-roader.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if I get in the Bronco when she arrives and do not get a "wow" factor...I may just hop over to another Lincoln
I've had MKC and Corsair service loaners. They're hateful little things with a wheezy, strained engine note that sounds exactly like my sister's '99 Contour. Rear seat legroom is cramped, especially with a tall driver. Just not for me.

Sponsored

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really any comparison, but I had a 2011 MKX and now drive a 2017 MKC and while I am excited about my 2021 Bronco BD 4 door, I just sat in a Lincoln Corsair while my MKC was at the dealership for State inspection....ooooh, that Corsair was nice....if I get in the Bronco when she arrives and do not get a "wow" factor...I may just hop over to another Lincoln...either way, Ford will be happy since I will be helping their sale objectives.
Don't expect a Lincoln-like interior in the Bronco. But I think you already know that. Even comparing the Escape to MKC, you can see where things were stepped up.

If you're not going to go off-road at all, the Lincoln is the way to go. It'll be better in every way. If you will do limited off-roading, such as dirt trails but no real rock and ruts, the Lincoln is still the better option--just go slow enough that you don't kick up rocks and chip the paint. If you get more extreme, a luxury SUV is not ideal, from a dirt-and-damage standpoint.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't expect a Lincoln-like interior in the Bronco. But I think you already know that. Even comparing the Escape to MKC, you can see where things were stepped up.

If you're not going to go off-road at all, the Lincoln is the way to go. It'll be better in every way. If you will do limited off-roading, such as dirt trails but no real rock and ruts, the Lincoln is still the better option--just go slow enough that you don't kick up rocks and chip the paint. If you get more extreme, a luxury SUV is not ideal, from a dirt-and-damage standpoint.
And for those occasions you want more adventure, rent something (with the damage waiver)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My opinion (and we know what they say about opinions) is that being you are even considering the new Lincoln speaks volumes. I just don't think you will be happy with the Bronco at all. But, the good thing is if you get the Bronco, and decide it ain't for you, you can probably sell it in a heartbeat with very little lose of funds.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 19381

Wow, lots of emotions here...fellas, I also own a 2005 F150 XL and enjoy the heck out of that truck for the sheer beater value of a bare bones beast. I wish I can have my cake and eat it too but one new vehicle note at a time.. @Wanted33 put it best and he is right, if I get it and after a bit, truly miss my Lincoln experience, I can just trade 'er in. I was just musing aloud on a nice sunny day while wandering the new vehicle lot while my car was getting inspected. Still looking forward to my Black Diamond...
Sponsored