Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m from Colorado and I don’t think this trail looks fun? Too much for my taste.
Gotcha. Yeah, there's the hard line and then there's the foolish one.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotcha. Yeah, there's the hard line and then there's the foolish one.
Ya, call me a bitch lol. Some of the drops just freak me out.

Sponsored

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Probably the best 'real use' video of the Bronco yet. I've said line between the Bronco and the Wrangler will come down driver/spotter skill. Skill and experience is by far the best mod you can have.

Ford should thank these guys for such good content.

I was just watching their other video on the Ford Maverick where they show it hauling firewood and logs, it was like the best infomercial Ford could ever ask for.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a button. But it re-engages with every key cycle so after the 30th time of clicking it off (jumping in and out doing video things) I forgot to
Don’t ask me where or how it’s done since I don’t have a Bronco yet, but I read you can shut off the parking sensors from the touch screen so they won’t come back on. I read this in relation to an after market winch bumper without accommodation for parking sensors to prevent error messages from appearing.

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is a button. But it re-engages with every key cycle so after the 30th time of clicking it off (jumping in and out doing video things) I forgot to
Tommy, I'm fairly certain that if you go into the Driver Assistance menu you can deselect the front parking sensors. That being said, you'll have to remember to re-enable them when you're done off-roading lol.

Sponsored

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without beadlocks?
Yes. I have been off roading for 20 years and never blown a bead. It does depend on the tire, a C range tire I would not go below 12, an E range tire I would not go below 10. Also if you are going to do high speed donuts, go higher. I have gone down to 12 on my Raptor with now problems, and it weighs 5,700 pounds. Contact patch vs air pressure is not linear. Going from 38 to 25 does not increase the patch much at all. Also higher pressure increases the chance of cutting from rocks. The other advantage of lower pressure is more comfort. Think of dropping a tire/wheel inflated to 40 psi, it will bounce. Now think of dropping a tire/wheel at 12 psi, it will bounce, but not much.

If you deflate below 15, I do not recommend going over 45 mph for long distances, or on pavement, but short sprints to 60 is OK.

The above is my experience and opinion, and it is worth what you paid for it. If you disagree, that is fine. By the way, I live part time in Moab and do trails about 5 days a week when I am there. I have a 6.1 Hemi Jeep on 39" tires, a Turbo S RZR on 35" tires, a 2019 F-150 Raptor, and hope to own a Bronco Raptor when they are available.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. I have been off roading for 20 years and never blown a bead. It does depend on the tire, a C range tire I would not go below 12, an E range tire I would not go below 10. Also if you are going to do high speed donuts, go higher. I have gone down to 12 on my Raptor with now problems, and it weighs 5,700 pounds. Contact patch vs air pressure is not linear. Going from 38 to 25 does not increase the patch much at all. Also higher pressure increases the chance of cutting from rocks. The other advantage of lower pressure is more comfort. Think of dropping a tire/wheel inflated to 40 psi, it will bounce. Now think of dropping a tire/wheel at 12 psi, it will bounce, but not much.

If you deflate below 15, I do not recommend going over 45 mph for long distances, or on pavement, but short sprints to 60 is OK.

The above is my experience and opinion, and it is worth what you paid for it. If you disagree, that is fine. By the way, I live part time in Moab and do trails about 5 days a week when I am there. I have a 6.1 Hemi Jeep on 39" tires, a Turbo S RZR on 35" tires, a 2019 F-150 Raptor, and hope to own a Bronco Raptor when they are available.
Do you do the 12-15 psi without beadlock wheels? Just clarifying. Thanks

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only aired down to 25? How about 14 or 12. They didn't really air down enough, but it still did well.
pretty sure he doesn't have bead locks

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@TFLtruck bring that Bronco to the east coast and we will wheel some Black and red rated trails at AOAA and Rausch Creek. Give it a real test. I would recommend that you install a winch first, though.

Ya, call me a bitch lol. Some of the drops just freak me out.
HAHAHA, you would not want to follow me. We do those things all the time. Those drops were not that bad. Stopping in the middle of one, like TFL was doing, makes for a fun looking picture, but it is not what you want to do. Steady slow forward motion is the key. The lack of articulation adds to the funky feeling. You could see how the jeeps kept all of their tires touching. I tend to do those things in second gear so I can punch it and have the necessary rpms to keep the rear end in the rear. I have had to, on a few occasions, walk the jeep out on it's front wheels a couple of times doing basically the 4x4 version of a handstand.

Without beadlocks?
Do you do the 12-15 psi without beadlock wheels? Just clarifying. Thanks
For me, the answer is yes.

With Maxxis Creepy Crawlers, 37x12.5" tires on my first Rubicon, I ran 8psi for years with zero issues on the stock 16x8" Moab rims.

I am running 12psi on a 16x8" stock Moab rim with 35x12.5" tires on my current Rubicon.
So far 12psi is working very well. I am seeing good tire flex and have been able to crawl everything I've attempted. At 15psi, I was not getting the type of traction I like in situations where the rocks were wet.
Sponsored