Sponsored

Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral?

Bronco vs. Mustang

• Total voters

Snakebite

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 F-250, '07 Edge, '94 Viper, '79 Bronco,'77F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm currently in the same boat. And no, I don't have a good answer for you!

Keep or sell hmm šŸ¤”

20210618_200203.jpg
That ā€˜77 dent side šŸ˜! She purdy!
Sponsored

Newusername

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F350, 17 GT350, 22 Bronco (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 14 GT and 17 GT350 arenā€™t going anywhereā€™s when the Bronco gets here, I think itā€™s a great addition to my current fleet that in addition to the Mustangs also has a 17 F350, 21 Expedition and a 992 Carrera S thatā€™s also on order.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good people of the internet: please help me settle a debate thatā€™s been going on in my head for the last couple of months. I have a 2020 manual Mustang 5.0 with 460 horsepower. It turns out that the 2022 5.0s will be de-rated to 450 horsepower due to environmental/emissions reasons, which, to me, signals the beginning of the end of the second muscle car era.

So, why am I talking about a Mustang on a Bronco forum? I barely need one fun car, and the Bronco will give me two fun cars. Clearly, the Bronco is more practical with the extra passenger seat and 4 wheel drive (especially in winter). Plus, it has a fun factor with the convertible soft top and being able to take the doors off. Do I keep both (I can make that happen, but donā€™t need to) or do I part ways with the the Mustang? I worry that Iā€™ll regret selling the Mustang when you canā€™t buy a high horsepower manual car anymore in a few years. Or am I just wasting money on cars that I should be investing for the future (kids college, retirement, etc.). I could just sell the Mustang + the Bronco, and then get a Ford Maverick pickup truck. What would you do?

FC1C3A62-2AC2-4EEB-A31B-2E01FA1818BB.jpeg
My fellow Michigan brother: You need to keep BOTH of these horses. There will be time for saving for college and other necessities. Heck, you could even make your kids get their own student loans! What did I just say? Yeah it's possible. Keep the 'stang and the bronco and have fun. If you find you don't want one or both of them later, then sell them. At least you will have had the experience.

Furthermore, I know that Mustang doesn't see the light of day from about November to April. So, you have the bronco to run in meantime. Then hot rod it spring to fall in the Mustang! You're good to go - KEEP THEM BOTH!!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve driven a non-GT Mach-e, and I was really impressed at the acceleration. There will still be speed in the electric future, albeit at an increased cost.
Wait until they finish with "adjusting" gasoline prices... LOL

Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have two in the stable once mine arrives (hopefully by Christmas)
Too bad they both can't be the same color:
Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral? tempImageJuCWIW

gabagal

Outer Banks
First Name
Gabby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sold my 2017 Ecoboost Mustang for my Bronco. Financially, I didnā€™t have a choice if I wanted to get a new car. If it would have been a convertible GT, I may feel different, but Iā€™ve had the Bronco for 2 weeks now and have not looked back once. Just depends on your needs and what you can afford.

23BB4EBA-9205-4C88-8A55-5383FDCAA599.jpeg

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral? DD84E082-FCF7-4468-9C09-A27E223EB378

Iā€™m ready for the Bronco now! This is definitely not Mustang weather.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my stable after a good cleaning
Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral? F54D7B75-8E5A-4443-856B-9CD51D98E3BE

Sponsored

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good people of the internet: please help me settle a debate thatā€™s been going on in my head for the last couple of months. I have a 2020 manual Mustang 5.0 with 460 horsepower. It turns out that the 2022 5.0s will be de-rated to 450 horsepower due to environmental/emissions reasons, which, to me, signals the beginning of the end of the second muscle car era.

So, why am I talking about a Mustang on a Bronco forum? I barely need one fun car, and the Bronco will give me two fun cars. Clearly, the Bronco is more practical with the extra passenger seat and 4 wheel drive (especially in winter). Plus, it has a fun factor with the convertible soft top and being able to take the doors off. Do I keep both (I can make that happen, but donā€™t need to) or do I part ways with the the Mustang? I worry that Iā€™ll regret selling the Mustang when you canā€™t buy a high horsepower manual car anymore in a few years. Or am I just wasting money on cars that I should be investing for the future (kids college, retirement, etc.). I could just sell the Mustang + the Bronco, and then get a Ford Maverick pickup truck. What would you do?

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral? F54D7B75-8E5A-4443-856B-9CD51D98E3BE
KEEP THE MUSTANG! I have a 2014 "Gotta Have It Green" Mustang that I just love to drive! I am keeping it and adding my MY22 Bronco Black Diamond to my stable.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep. Waiting for my Bronco to Come in once they have the Painted Mod. Tops.

But to hold me over I just go this 2021 Beast "Horse" that will be in the Corral with the Bronco.

2021-10-07-08-18-05-jpg.jpg

2021-10-07-08-02-23-jpg.jpg

2021-10-06-16-51-21-jpg.jpg

image1-2-jpg.jpg
image0-jpg.jpg

Marsalad

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Iā€˜m lucky enough to have both. The Bronco for my wife, Mustang for me.
We might as well enjoy them while we can.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral? IMG_4955
Keep the vehicle best designed to excel on the terrain you'll be driving, and with functionality you will use for real rather than imaginary usage. For now, being stuck mostly on pavement, there's no way I'd trade my sports car for a lumbering 4x4. Unless you will get a lot of usage from the Bronco removable top on pavement, that could make switching to Bronco legit.
Sponsored