Sponsored

Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral?

Bronco vs. Mustang

• Total voters

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good people of the internet: please help me settle a debate that’s been going on in my head for the last couple of months. I have a 2020 manual Mustang 5.0 with 460 horsepower. It turns out that the 2022 5.0s will be de-rated to 450 horsepower due to environmental/emissions reasons, which, to me, signals the beginning of the end of the second muscle car era.

So, why am I talking about a Mustang on a Bronco forum? I barely need one fun car, and the Bronco will give me two fun cars. Clearly, the Bronco is more practical with the extra passenger seat and 4 wheel drive (especially in winter). Plus, it has a fun factor with the convertible soft top and being able to take the doors off. Do I keep both (I can make that happen, but don’t need to) or do I part ways with the the Mustang? I worry that I’ll regret selling the Mustang when you can’t buy a high horsepower manual car anymore in a few years. Or am I just wasting money on cars that I should be investing for the future (kids college, retirement, etc.). I could just sell the Mustang + the Bronco, and then get a Ford Maverick pickup truck. What would you do?

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral? FC1C3A62-2AC2-4EEB-A31B-2E01FA1818BB
Sponsored

Last edited:

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded my 2013 Mustang in on my bronco, but to be fair mine was only a low miles 3.7L (manual)

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral? 20140515_170943_w1600_h900

If I had a GT, there's no way I'd have traded it in on a Bronco unless I preferred off-roading over driving on pavement.

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I traded my 2013 Mustang in on my bronco, but to be fair mine was only a low miles 3.7L (manual)

20140515_170943_w1600_h900.jpg

If I had a GT, there's no way I'd have traded it in on a Bronco unless I preferred off-roading over driving on pavement.
I still miss my ‘89 5.0 so that’s certainly weighing on my mind. The Bronco to me will me more of a beach/camping vehicle. My wife really likes the convertible part of the Bronco.

PS - I like the stripes.

Last edited:

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sold my sports car literally 1 hour ago. I didn’t have to sell it. It was paid for already. I am sure I will curl up in the fetal position when the transport truck arrives To pick it up.

I sold it for a few reasons.
1) it was black metallic which was the equivalent to a 2nd job keeping it clean.
2) swapping winter and summer wheels were always a pain
3) $295 oil changes
4) insurance and registration was an annual reminder to my wife how expensive the car was.
5) none of my family cared to ride in it.
6) even with a great uniden radar detector, a loss of license was bound to happen.
7) going on a cruise with my old buddies that owned modified Shelby’s and such usually ended up in speeds that would either kill me or worse - an innocent bystander.
8) I just bought a place at the lake for a weekend retreat
9) boats are more expensive
10) I have a new Bronco on order that would not have an open garage stall.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No trade adding the bronco to go with our Shelby gt350

7390873B-6046-4F0D-8804-AE5487EB95E3.jpeg

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've already sold my Mustang, mostly because I was concerned the soft top was going to fail on me and those get really expensive.

The Bronco will have 2 doors and a stick though.

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does this answer your question? :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral? 20211016_000553

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get that EV out of this mustang thread, lol.
I’ve driven a non-GT Mach-e, and I was really impressed at the acceleration. There will still be speed in the electric future, albeit at an increased cost.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve driven a non-GT Mach-e, and I was really impressed at the acceleration. There will still be speed in the electric future, albeit at an increased cost.
I'm well aware of the performance of the MachE, but it's not a mustang IMO. Ford should have named and styled it differently.

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does this answer your question? :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Mustang. Room for Two Horses in This Corral? 20211016_000553
The second question is whether the four door Bronco will fit in my single car garage (the Mustang does) or fit side by side with my expedition in the two car garage.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The second question is whether the four door Bronco will fit in my single car garage (the Mustang does) or fit side by side with my expedition in the two car garage.
What you don't see here are two Harleys in front of the Mustang and Bronco. They will fit if you want them to. 🙂
Sponsored