combatninja

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Nobody here has any idea what kind of engine is in that Bronco. It is a brief video filmed from far away in sand. How well or poorly each vehicle does from a dig is dependent much more on available traction and much less on engine power.

Oh, and Raptors are not that fast. I know there is a lot of Ford leg humping that goes on regarding that truck but they just are not that quick in reality.

Advertisement

Raptor owner

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
The Bronco has the 2.7 with auto trans.Raptor has the torsen front diff and is running Baja mode rear diff locked with a little brake boost at launch. The sand was wet with pretty decent traction which is why I picked this spot for a comparison. Both trucks were running approx. 10-13psi in the tires. I believe there were no doors stored in the blue bronco. The grey had them stored inside. The bronco also brake boosted at launch and we had a perfect start. For what its worth the Raptor beats most of the Razor 1000 turbos that are stock on the sand drags. The cactus grey Bronco had the wheels swapped out for the 35inchers with real beadlock rings installed.To me the color looks light blueish grey.I didn't seen the greenish tint others have talked about. The race went as expected. You could take the base 2dr. add sqautch pkg. and 2.7 with auto....remove doors, roof, spare tire, and have a quicker bronco than the one I raced. And I wouldn't discount the 4cyl TURBO because its all about power to weight.Just be happy that you can pour the boost into each of these motors easily.

JonChicago

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I keep seeing a little green in the cactus gray. Is that for real or just me?

smseagren

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I keep seeing a little green in the cactus gray. Is that for real or just me?
Not likely. The camera used is causing the issue. The white balance is off. Look at the top of the interior dash in the same light (has a slight green hue well).

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 14 Ford Fusion, 05 Volvo V70R
Clubs

I was told by a credible source that the 2.7 will NOT be available at launch and will not be until late 2021...
Wow. There will be many people waiting then... or going with a different vehicle. I'll wait if i have to... but that's crazy.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
I was told by a credible source that the 2.7 will NOT be available at launch and will not be until late 2021...
They’re holding off releasing while they work through pairing it with a 7mt? Cool. I’ll wait.

PvtPancett

First Name
Patrick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Fiesta ST & 2020 Ranger XLT
I was told by a credible source that you're a troll.
No troll. And I hope my information is bad. I was told by a green stripe employee that works in dyno testing that the nano (2.7) would not be available at launch. Just relaying what I heard.

MrJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco, '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Clubs

No troll. And I hope my information is bad. I was told by a green stripe employee that works in dyno testing that the nano (2.7) would not be available at launch. Just relaying what I heard.
Well, that sucks...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
If that were the case don't you think they would've included the info with the email to WT and FE res holders about the black mod tops? Seeing as how they come standard with the V6?

Everything else not available at launch has been left off the B&P.

Also, the 2.7 is available elsewhere mated to the 10spd. This is not some new engine. The only difference would be mounts which are not difficult.

You're trippin.

Advertisement

Advertisement