First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rivian R1T and 2 door Bronco basemansquatch would be my dream garage.
Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nice comparison. I have one of these reserved...along with a Lightning F-150 and Cybertruck. (I like having options.) Guess I'll see who wins the race. :)

Ft.S

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am for R1T or R1S. Smaller package, and more on and off road capability.

Sponsored

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have a buddy on the Rivian wait list. Could buy two broncos for what he is about to pay. They do give a lot of cool features for that price tag though.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Maverick is tiny. Think of it as a Honda Civic with a truck bed. The roof is maybe 5' off the ground. This Rivian would dwarf it. Would be a fun photo.
Yep. And these pics make the Rivian look smaller than it is, sitting behind the Bronco from the camera perspective and they have the air suspension lowered. To put some perspective to it, the Rivian is just a bit larger than a Tacoma. Itā€™s a couple inches wider and about 6ā€ longer.

The front is a bit weird but it looks good in person. Like most automakers theyā€™re trying for a front fascia that is uniquely identifiable. I think they succeeded and the headlights are very functional. No need to have some massive grille that serves no purpose.

I have both an R1T and an F-150 Lightning reserved. I like to think Iā€™ll just go with whatever one I can get first. Odds are Iā€™ll get them about the same time. And realistically, Iā€™m probably taking both of them. Keep the R1T for me personally and I think Iā€™ll configure my Lightning as a pretty lean XLT with the larger battery and keep it as a company truck.

Last edited:

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Rivian....the Edsel of 2021.

combatninja

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My God the 4-door Bronco is awkward without Sasquatch pack. Like, seriously ugly.

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rivian....the Edsel of 2021.
The Amazon vans alone will keep Rivian relevant for a long time. The R1T also has some seriously unique features that make it stand out vs. the Lightning and Elon's lifted DeLorean (gear tunnel, quad motors, air suspension, chargers in more remote locations, etc.)

I have a pretty early reservation for a R1T that I hope to parlay into an off-road experience event. But I will ultimately cancel it and get the Bronco instead. My concerns aren't the grille or range anxiety or whatever, it's depreciation: over the next 5-10 years, a manual transmission Bronco may be the slowest-depreciating mass-market vehicle. In a decade, no one will want to buy any decade-old EV with degraded, obsolete batteries, when new electric trucks at that time will surely offer 500+ miles of range and 10 minute charging for like $50k in today's dollars. I'd only lease an EV right now for that reason, but Rivians won't lease well because even they know the depreciation will be brutal.

But you can't deny the appeal of a vehicle with the ground clearance of a Wrangler Rubicon Recon on 37s that accelerates faster than a Ferrari and is cheaper to refuel than a Prius.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Rivian is sick, but they are covering up how towing affects the battery for good reason probably. Also, you canā€™t count on air suspension off road.

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I visited Rivian website to price one of their trucks, $80K, no way. I absolutely cracked up since they think itā€™s the ultimate off-road vehicle (like every manufacturer lately). I canā€™t see taking an EV adventuring, unless someone plans on putting charging docks in the middle of nowhere. That front end is the most hideous thing in existence. At least it looks better than the Tesla Crap-truck.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s one ugly truck. Looks like a combination of a Honda ridgeline an old Lincoln

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I visited Rivian website to price one of their trucks, $80K, no way. I absolutely cracked up since they think itā€™s the ultimate off-road vehicle (like every manufacturer lately). I canā€™t see taking an EV adventuring, unless someone plans on putting charging docks in the middle of nowhere. That front end is the most hideous thing in existence. At least it looks better than the Tesla Crap-truck.
Sponsored