Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had a Jeep Sahara back in the 90's. The first time I removed the doors was like having a new truck. The feeling of driving with no doors is really nice. I think I left them off for the entire summer, with no hard top on , just the Bimini top. I would ride along with a blanket for colder nights.

I like the idea of hanging the doors, though I never did back then, I would just lean them against the garage wall. The thing with the Bronco is that it looks great with all its parts on. I can see myself taking the top and doors off and adding a sand colored Bimini top though. Cant wait!
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yea, i've been pretty fit my whole life but the days of grunt lifting and restoring rusty things lost it's sense of accomplishment for me. i'me all about comfort and cruising now... :cool:
I understand as folks get older but thats what youths are for. Pay the neighbor kids in offroad ride alongs to do it for ya.
Us Asgardians just get more powerful with age. Much like your fabled John Henry and his hammer that wasnt forged in the heart of a star.
DvEYBtzaLSAAAAA?w=124&h=184&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the 4 door, the extra middle panel over the rear seats in the Bronco seems like the biggest advantage for Bronco over Jeep.

Wont that make removing the roof much easier than the giant piece that covers the trunk and rear seats in the Jeep?

it also seems like you can now get really close to the same experience without getting into removing the cap over the trunk.

Will passengers even notice a difference with respect to open air experience if the trunk cap is on or off?
I agree and recently modified my order to only include the hard top cause storing the soft top might be a pain. I am hoping aftermarket companies come out with a solution that's similar to a permanent bimini covering the 1st and 2nd row that can easily be taken off.

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

texas8709

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting they make no mention that the Bronco's doors can actually come along for the ride with you. You don't have to leave them in the garage or chain them to a tree. Also the additional panel that can be removed from the modular hardtop, without having to pull the whole shell off. Both are huge Bronco wins, for me at least.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting they make no mention that the Bronco's doors can actually come along for the ride with you. You don't have to leave them in the garage or chain them to a tree. Also the additional panel that can be removed from the modular hardtop, without having to pull the whole shell off. Both are huge Bronco wins, for me at least.
Not many are going to carry their doors more than once.

texas8709

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not many are going to carry their doors more than once.
They aren't going to carry the doors with them? Based on what logic? Securing them in the cargo area is worth what paltry extra effort is required, compared to driving somewhere and not having the option of reinstalling them if needed.

C_Copperpot225

Badlands
First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know alot of humans are tiny but I never had a problem lifting off jeep or FSB tops by my self. Just slide, lift, walk, take a knee, then crawl out the dog house. No big deal. I get it for 55 and up though you are excused and probably have 20 year olds to do it for you.

Ford Bronco Bronco vs Wrangler - Door and Roof Removal Comparison by Car and Driver 3A8ED30F-4EAA-4F68-8919-C28778645D59
I’ve been wondering if that were the case. I can imagine it being slightly awkward, but what would you think the weight of the rear section will be? How heavy is the jeep one?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They aren't going to carry the doors with them? Based on what logic? Securing them in the cargo area is worth what paltry extra effort is required, compared to driving somewhere and not having the option of reinstalling them if needed.
The problem I see is that you can bring the doors, but next to nothing else. If you have 4 people going on a trip, I don't picture it being very pleasant.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I watched the video its a nightmare and they are going to get all scratched up ,do what you want but you will be sorry.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pretty even.
I'll give the Bronco the nod for the flares and I can't wait for some aftermarket fender options like the Weekender ones on the Sema build
Bronco also gets the nod for mirrors not being connected to the doors.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco also gets the nod for mirrors not being connected to the doors.
Im not convinced that is an advantage for the type of wheeling I do and I am worried it could result in an expensive repair

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Im not convinced that is an advantage for the type of wheeling I do and I am worried it could result in an expensive repair
They do fold, but you must like tight spots and don’t mind getting body damage.

I’m not taking a 50k rig on tight trails to get bashed bu trees or rocks.
Sponsored