Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took photos of all four vehicles and traced their profile, normalized to the published wheelbase, then overlayed them centered on the center of the front wheel.

bronco-vs-wrangler-overlay.png

Interesting points - the low point of the bodies are almost identical. The Bronco has way more engine bay up front where the Jeep is slopier.

I attached my reference photos.

bronco-2dr-side.PNG

bronco-4dr-side.PNG

wrangler-2dr.jpg

wrangler-4dr.jpg
Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

Something is way off on rear of bronco 4 door. Or you are comparing it with it’s roof off and the others with roof on which isn’t a proper comparison.
You also outlined the hood tie downs wrong on the 4 door. Should be same as 2 door. Perspective used is taking into consideration the far tie down

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Laminar

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something is way off on rear of bronco 4 door. Or you are comparing it with it’s roof off and the others with roof on which isn’t a proper comparison.
You also outlined the hood tie downs wrong on the 4 door. Should be same as 2 door. Perspective used is taking into consideration the fat tie down
Yep - check the reference pics. The 4 door is roof off, it lets you look at the Bronco on/off shape difference. And between the lens and perspective of the CGI photo, it's hard to get a perfect 1:1 comparison between models.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Laminar

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
nice... can you do your magic and split out the 2dr vs the 4 dr? Thanks
Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Wrangler Overlay Picture bronco-vs-bronco-overlay

If somebody has a good profile view of a top-on 4 door I can do that. Or a Defender or Tacoma or anything else?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Wrangler Overlay Picture bronco-vs-bronco-overlay

If somebody has a good profile view of a top-on 4 door I can do that. Or a Defender or Tacoma or anything else?
You can nice profile views on the 360á´Ľ Colorizer on the main Bronco page on the Ford site

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! can you line them all up by the spare tire?

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for doing this OP, great work.
I've also been comparing dimensions. One thing I dont quite get; it seems like the Bronco is a bit more of a "cab forward" design, by that I mean the base of the windshield on the Bronco is maybe 5" or 6" closer to the front axle centerline, and the back of the Bronco 4 door cab is a bit longer than the Wrangler, so why are the interior dimensions very similar? I'm talking just 4 door because that's what I'm interested in.
I would have thought the Bronco interior dimensions (front to back) would have been more than the Wrangler, but they dont seem to be. The listed interior volumes are very close. That I dont understand.

Sponsored

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool! This gave me the tinglies all over! It’s nice to know the size for reference. I’m going to start stalking some 2D jeeps in the meantime.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I used that to get the 2 door. Their side view of the 4 door is from a slightly lower angle, but maybe then @Casedog won't yell at me about the tiedowns not lining up.

Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Wrangler Overlay Picture bronco-vs-bronco-overlay-to
Starting to look like my days spent at work this week. When asked what I was drawing simply said .. yeah, they needed a vehicle out front of the building for perspective... almost worked until they realized I was drawing an 'interior' lobby ?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love your magic skills, now can you help me visualize the 2dr vs 2dr please?