Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Jeep can squeeze a 6.4 in that engine bay, Ford should have zero problems with a 5.0 or godzilla in the Bronco.
Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Jeep can squeeze a 6.4 in that engine bay, Ford should have zero problems with a 5.0 or godzilla in the Bronco.
I believe the issue is width, not length.
Hmm, seems strange to word it like that. ???

OP
OP
Laminar

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The DOHC 5.0 is much, much wider than the cam-in-block Hemi or LS engines. The mid-block (not really a small block, not quite a big block) 7.3 is longer front to back than a Hemi, LS, Coyote, or EcoBoost I4.

Not saying they won't fit, but you can't compare them to anything else being put into late model Jeeps.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good thing the engine bay is both wider and longer.
I understand but as noted above, the Coyote is big compared to the old Ford short blocks.
Look, I would have loved for the Coyote to be in the Bronco and that is definitely what I would have ordered. There's nothing like that sound which I can never get enough of. It is sweeeeetttttt!
But, it didn't happen and who knows if it will ever happen. I have decided I'm just not worrying about it and it doesn't do any good to keep beating that dead horse. With all the crap going on right now, I choose to look at one of the bright spots happening this year and not worry about the things I can't control. ✌
Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Wrangler Overlay Picture 5_0l_coyote_engine_dimensions

Sponsored

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Something is way off on rear of bronco 4 door. Or you are comparing it with it’s roof off and the others with roof on which isn’t a proper comparison.
You also outlined the hood tie downs wrong on the 4 door. Should be same as 2 door. Perspective used is taking into consideration the far tie down
what you see is the horrible design of it.

i'm all for 4 doors but with the bronco it just fails imo

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand but as noted above, the Coyote is big compared to the old Ford short blocks.
Look, I would have loved for the Coyote to be in the Bronco and that is definitely what I would have ordered. There's nothing like that sound which I can never get enough of. ... I have decided I'm just not worrying about it and it doesn't do any good to keep beating that dead horse. ...
Giving up is an ineffective way to get what you want.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Giving up is an ineffective way to get what you want.
So very true.
I've been through stuff like this before on other new vehicles and complaining about how it could be better. I'm just not picking that battle at this point. I'm just going to hope I can afford what I want and enjoy the hell out of it.
I hope you all get what you want in the next update. All the wants don't seem that unreasonable to me.?

Sponsored

Chrisack

Black Diamond
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took photos of all four vehicles and traced their profile, normalized to the published wheelbase, then overlayed them centered on the center of the front wheel.

bronco-vs-wrangler-overlay.png

Interesting points - the low point of the bodies are almost identical. The Bronco has way more engine bay up front where the Jeep is slopier.

I attached my reference photos.

bronco-2dr-side.PNG

bronco-4dr-side.PNG

wrangler-2dr.jpg

wrangler-4dr.jpg

I know this is an old thread. But could you do one of these comparing the 2 door bronco, 2 door jeep, and the classic defender 90? Or maybe just the bronco and the defender 90.