Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 56 and traded my Wrangler for a Bronco Bad Sas. My wife drives a Toyota Hylander. We dont fit the mold.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A lot of clarity regarding the data would be gained by just doing some basic regression analyses.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I done arguing with you after this, you make good money and paid cash, that's YOUR personal experience, I've seen the sales files for people who buy cars from Porsche, MB, BMW and Ford Toyota and Lexus among others and most finance, so I see that paperwork.

Where I live there are more people than you can imagine paying $45,000 a year plus in property taxes; that's rich!

Newport Coast, CA Real Estate & Homes for Sale - Realtor.com
https://www.realtor.com ā€ŗ California ā€ŗ Orange County

View 46 homes for sale in Newport Coast, CA at a median listing home price of $4,580,000

There are at least 20 other communities that are on the coast or in the hills in the OC, with median prices of 1.7 million to almost $5 million and the high end homes are near or over $10,000,000.

Per google: What is the average home price in Orange County?

$1M

Orange County, CA Housing Market

In April 2022, the median listing home price in Orange County, CA was $1M, trending up 16.6% year-over-year. The median listing home price per square foot was $604. The median home sold price was $1.1M. with Orange County, California's estimated population is 3,174,850.

Even if only half of the county is in affluent areas or gated communities (remove the "inner city") you would have 1.500.000 people living in $2 million median price homes. LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Marian County, Beverly Hills & Brentwood and SO many more, multi million dollar homes, thousands of them. Many have tax bills from years ago (cheaper) but there are hundreds or thousands that are new or newer owners paying 1.5% of their homes price in property taxes yearly, and HOA fees and etc.

Some of the biggest Ford dealers (volume wise) are in CA, and they have the allotment to sell to these very rich people. If 20% or more walk away or are dealer stock models, that's a lot of units.

How much income does one need to support a $3-$5 million home. That's $45k - $75K in taxes! Some pay more due to assessments and all new communities pay up to 2.5% to pay for new roads and schools and such.

Your right the company didn't give us that info, but they did give us bullet points and highlights and you seem to be cherry picking one area of data to make an argument and then sticking to it no matter what info someone else has seen.

YOUR RIGHT. THE COMPANY THAT RELEASED THE INFO IS WRONG. And I'm wrong for believing them.
No more time will be wasted on you.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Market research firm S&P Global Mobility has published a new research study comparing the Bronco directly against the Wrangler. Download the whole report here:

General Takeaways:
  • Bronco has conquested Wrangler owners (more than any other model)
  • Bronco still trails Jeep Wrangler in share of the Compact Utility Segment (but the gap is closing)
  • CR-V, Cherokee and Rogue all have ceded share of the segment since the Bronco launched
  • Bronco buyers skew slightly younger than Wrangler customers
  • Bronco buyers have marginally higher incomes than Wrangler customers
  • Bronco buyers and are more likely to be male when compared to Wrangler buyers
  • Bronco buyers are more likely to be of Western European descent (and less likely to be African American, Asian, or Hispanic when compared with the Wrangler owner)
  • Bronco buyers are almost twice as likely to have a pickup in the garage, but less likely to have an SUV or CUV
  • Almost half of Bronco buyers have a Ford in the garage, while slightly less than four of every ten Wrangler customers own a Jeep.

Purchase / Financial Profile:
  • Wrangler buyers are 8x more likely to lease than Bronco customers (most likely driven by very competitive Wrangler lease payments)
  • Wrangler buyers who lease generally have higher credit scores than Bronco buyers who lease
  • Bronco buyers who purchase/finance generally have higher credit scores than Wrangler purchasers. As a result, Bronco buyers borrow money at lower interest rates.
  • Wrangler buyers typically have a higher loan-to-value (LTV) ratio than Bronco buyers (and the segment overall), resulting from Wrangler buyers' lower credit-worthiness.
  • Loan monthly payments for both Bronco and Wrangler are above segment average (due in part to higher transaction prices when compared to other compact utilities)

Conquest / Defection Stats:
  • With the Bronco launch last summer, Wrangler's conquest/defection ratio (within the segment) began to decline
  • More Wrangler households have defected to the Bronco than have households with any other vehicle in the garage
  • Number of Wrangler households that defect to the Bronco (as a percent of total Wrangler defections) has risen to record highs of 9% and 10% in January and February 2022, respectively, and 9% again in March 2022.

Market share data show that Bronco share of the Compact Utility Segment has climbed intermittently to 6%, but Wrangler continues to account for 7-9% of the segment, suggesting Bronco has not materially hurt Wrangler. Rather, S&P Global Mobility loyalty data suggest the CR-V, Cherokee and Rogue all have ceded share since the Bronco launch.
model-share-of-compact-utility-segment-1.jpg

At the DMA level, Wrangler continues to out-perform Bronco in every one of the Compact Utility Segment's twenty largest DMAs, though the gap is small in Minneapolis, Albany (NY) and Seattle.
bronco-and-wrangle-shares-of-segment.png
I would not consider the Bronco as a compact utility vehicle.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I know is after taking delivery of my Bronco, I canā€™t believe how many Jeep Wranglers I now notice. They were pretty much invisible before, but now I constantly am amazed at the number of Wranglers in every version I see. I am amazed Ford, and GM have not been involved in this sector of the vehicle market.
Yep, a REAL Blazer would be a runaway hit for Chevy, as long as the roof came off!

Sponsored

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i'm trying to defect from my 18 wrangler to a 22 bronco, but ford won't give me a vin haha. i really want to try it. if it doesn't fit my offroading style, i'll sell it and go back to a wrangler.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

?? Iā€™d argue 100% of bronco owners have a ford lol and 100% of wranglers owners also have a jeep šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. Iā€™m sure they mean prior to buying but I got a chuckle out of it. I myself did have a superduty that I sold when buying my bronco.
3590B158-FA0C-41FC-A0CF-EF7848854721.jpeg
Half of Bronco owners don't have garages? šŸ¤”

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I just don't get how studies like this, and awards for the best vehicle of ____ can even be done for Bronco's when they can't even be built. Reminds me of that Edmunds/KBB/?? It gave the 2021 Bronco the year reward, when they had only made like 30k of them?

Personally, any article that comes out like this loses all credibility. I mean how many Bronco owners could they even have interviewed? Jeep sells 2x wranglers per year than Ford has even been able to build Broncos to date.

But of course most people believe anything they are fed.

KimsHeritage

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think I skew that study a bit. First, I am a woman, almost 59 years old, have had many jeeps for 18 years, I make a great living, and I always buy, never lease. We (I) recently purchased a 2 dr Bronco for my husband, trading in his Chevy Silverado 2500 HD and now I am ordering a 2 dr Heritage for myself. Curious where the data comes from as I know a lot of ā€œoldā€ people that love the Bronco. And I do not have the ā€œfemaleā€ version of a Jeep.

32B00CC9-9210-4D18-9EAD-808CDA80CAB3.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: