Sponsored

Bronco vs Wrangler: Which is best? (MotorTrend)

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't find this posted anywhere.

Spoiler: Ugh.

Sponsored

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting Video,
I rent a lot of Wranglers when I travel. I just Had a Rubicon/Recon with the one-touch sky roof out in Zion National Park. That is a game-changer! I hope Bronco gets one too!

The other ugly part is watching the two vehicles flex. The Rubicon just seems more at home.

Still want the Bronco :p

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
ā€œWrangler is the best!ā€
Ford Bronco Bronco vs Wrangler: Which is best? (MotorTrend) 181B73A8-3767-439E-B2E3-C75E6E0E50AB

šŸ¤®

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t care which one is ā€œbestā€
I can tell ya the Bronco blows the tired looks of the Jeep out of the waterā€¦

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These guys are crazy. I get it if they were judging the most hardcore off roader, but everyday usability? Seriously?

Plastic pan for holding bolts, that's an advantage? as opposed to the tool bag Ford provides?
They have a hard time opening a strut assisted back gate? After saying it was the Jeep that has issues some times?
All those cubbies on the sides of the cargo area in the Jeep? Didn't see much of that.

Just seemed like they just really wanted to select the Jeep because that's what they had in mind the whole time.

My 2 cents.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These guys are crazy. I get it if they were judging the most hardcore off roader, but everyday usability? Seriously?

Plastic pan for holding bolts, that's an advantage? as opposed to the tool bag Ford provides?
They have a hard time opening a strut assisted back gate? After saying it was the Jeep that has issues some times?
All those cubbies on the sides of the cargo area in the Jeep? Didn't see much of that.

Just seemed like they just really wanted to select the Jeep because that's what they had in mind the whole time.

My 2 cents.
I will say, in person, I was actually kind of shocked how heavy the door felt opening with the gas-assisted strut.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Bronco is new and different, it doesnā€™t make it better. For each person, each machine fulfills different needs.

I donā€™t see the need for the hate on the Jeep. Just like on the Jeep forums I donā€™t see the need for hating the Bronco.

I wonā€™t get my Bronco for a while, in the mean time Iā€™ll be out on the trails in my JLUR. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing some Broncoā€™s out there, hopefully we can all have a good time and not worry about whoā€™s rig is better.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks and personality is what pulled me towards the Bronco and the fact that I would never buy a jeep :p, always been Ford guy and owned a lot of Mustangs. I think the on road driving goes to the Bronco as well as any High Speed running on or off road (IFS>SFA). I'm a bigger guy and the Bronco was just way comfier and spacious.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Motortrend doesnā€™t even try to hide the fact that they are getting money from stellantis with these bogus reviews. Who has ever listed build quality, interior fit and finish as pros for a wrangler??? They can fuck right off with that.

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Motortrend doesnā€™t even try to hide the fact that they are getting money from stellantis with these bogus reviews. Who has ever listed build quality, interior fit and finish as pros for a wrangler??? They can fuck right off with that.
The JLs and JTs interior fit and finishes are really nice. They have come a long way. I think I like the styling of the Bronco interior better, but the fit and finish in the Jeep is nicer. I would say Bronco takes the win on seats.

As for build quality, time will tell. I have had my JT for a year with zero issues. But that is only a sample of one. But the Pentastar is a very reliable engine.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Regardless of any other features, the Bronco is definitely better for tall people though, in Jeepā€™s my head is above the roll bar, so in a rollover Iā€™d be dead. The Bronco Iā€™m at least slightly below the roll bar, that alone makes the case for me.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The JLs and JTs interior fit and finishes are really nice. They have come a long way. I think I like the styling of the Bronco interior better, but the fit and finish in the Jeep is nicer. I would say Bronco takes the win on seats.

As for build quality, time will tell. I have had my JT for a year with zero issues. But that is only a sample of one. But the Pentastar is a very reliable engine.
Thatā€™s good. Iā€™ve had 3 or four buddies who had wranglers and they were all literally in the shop every other monthā€¦ I donā€™t think the interior on the higher level wranglers are as nice or aesthetically pleasing as their bronco counterparts. But Iā€™ve had pretty bad experiences with FCA.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thatā€™s good. Iā€™ve had 3 or four buddies who had wranglers and they were all literally in the shop every other monthā€¦ I donā€™t think the interior on the higher level wranglers are as nice or aesthetically pleasing as their bronco counterparts. But Iā€™ve had pretty bad experiences with FCA.
Yeah, I was worried when I bought my Gladiator, because I didn't have faith in their reliability either. This is my first jeep product. I have a few friends with JKs, who are happy after owning them for long time. So I went for it and it's been great so far. I am happier now with it, then when I bought it, because how solid it has been and how well it does what it is intended to do. Now I am nervous about the Bronco, the same way I was about the Gladiator.

Aesthetics are personal opinions, but I do think Bronco really did a great job on the interior. I looks awesome. As for fit and finish, I think the Bronco plastic are cheap feeling. Not all of them but a lot. It reminds me of an FJ. It's full of basic plastics. But I am here, waiting for my Bronco, so obviously I still dig it.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Regardless of any other features, the Bronco is definitely better for tall people though, in Jeepā€™s my head is above the roll bar, so in a rollover Iā€™d be dead. The Bronco Iā€™m at least slightly below the roll bar, that alone makes the case for me.
This is for sure. Plus the seat doesn't go back really far for taller people.
Sponsored