Sponsored

Bronco vs Wrangler: Which is best? (MotorTrend)

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My last 2 vehicles were Jeep Wranglers 4 doors(before that h2 on 35s). One was a 2013 on mopar lift on 35s, the other a 2019 rubicon with factory 33s. The 2013 was a good looking jeep, and had a ton of work done to it, but it rode like crap, it was good for 3 miles to work, 3 miles home and the occasional sunday ride with top off. The rubicon drove well, drove it everywhere besides my wifes tahoe, and the top was awesome.

Fast forward to the bronco. Does the bronco beat either one of the jeeps in off road prowess? my answer would be no. BUT, this things behaves so much better on the road, rides so much better, and is a lot smoother. I ordered hard top in jan, but changed in march to soft top to get it faster. I like the soft top, i even think it looks better than the hard top but I am a person that enjoys the open top experience. I think competition is good, and jeep went years without any.
Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IMO bronco and wrangler are almost even if the bronco has standard equipment.

Bronco blows it out of the water when you get all the upgrades..

Sasquatch is insanely good. I saw a non squatch bronco and I wasn’t impressed. When I took my delivery of my FE I was blown away, it’s so good.

2.7 is smoothe and the ride is great even with 35s

Lux is NOICE!!!

Do your self a favor and get all the upgrades, you won’t be disappointed.

charlieecho

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want those wrangler tires/wheels on my outerbanks. I keep going back and forth but seeing them side to side in this video I think those outerbank shoes and socks are so ugly.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve owned 4 Wrangler’s (1) 2dr (never again) (3) 4dr (2 JK and 1 JL). I’ve owned 4 or 5 Ford’s some good and some really bad. My favorite Jeep is the JL Rubicon that I’m driving today, 3.0 Diesel, 1 touch roof….say what you want I’m keeping the Jeep…..I’m looking forward to the Bronco days….I hope it all works out. Stay tuned for some honest reviews and comparisons.

Last edited:

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve owned 4 Wrangler’s (1) 2dr (never again) (3) 4dr (2 JK and 1 JL). I’ve owned 4 or 5 Ford’s some good and some really bad. My favorite Jeep is the JL Rubicon that I’m driving today, 3.0 Diesel, 1 touch roof….say what you want I’m keeping the Jeep…..I’m looking forward to Bronco….I hope it all works out. Stay tuned for some honest reviews and comparisons.
I wish I could keep my Wrangler and Bronco, but I can’t have both. I believe most people would be pleased with either a JLU or a Bronco. Do not see one as being substantially better than the other.

Sponsored

wny pat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ; 2014 JK; 2020 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford missed the mark on so many things, the sum of those substandard items is impossible to ignore. The Bronco in its current form is just not well executed.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Motortrend doesn’t even try to hide the fact that they are getting money from stellantis with these bogus reviews. Who has ever listed build quality, interior fit and finish as pros for a wrangler??? They can fuck right off with that.
My JL and JT feel nicer inside than either bronco I've been in. The current gen Jeep is miles nicer than the old JK, if that's your frame of reference

wny pat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ; 2014 JK; 2020 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Motortrend doesn’t even try to hide the fact that they are getting money from stellantis with these bogus reviews. Who has ever listed build quality, interior fit and finish as pros for a wrangler??? They can fuck right off with that.
Did You watch the video where they pointed out how flimsy the interior of the Bronco is? How poorly executed the rear is? The low end quality of the interior panels? Thx poorly engineered tops? The new JL is leaps and bounds better than the Bronco is in it’s current form. I’m not saying Ford can’t fix the multitude of issues that multiple reviewers continue to point out, but it’s going to cost them a good buck and they’re going to have to go back to the drawing board. IMO, they’re also going to have to do something for owners who bought early editions and want the updated parts.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford missed the mark on so many things, the sum of those substandard items is impossible to ignore. The Bronco in its current form is just not well executed.
Says the automotive expert? lol
I’ve owned 2 Wranglers reliably and comfort was never a thing! lol

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What a broad statement with zero support. What substandard and not well executed??? The peanut gallery is waiting with baited breath to hear you expert opinion.

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got rid of my 2dr JK specifically because I felt it was dangerous on the road. The SFA was extremely prone to bump steer, made even more serious at highway speeds. Not cool to have to drive with fear the jeep would hop all around anytime you’d hit a frost heave in a curve at 60 mph. In the end, the wrangler is good for around town driving, not battling it out on the highway, which let’s face it, is where these vehicles spend most of their time. bronco does not have this compromise with its IFS.

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m surprised they didn’t compare which one aired out farts quicker.

You know, I was leaning Bronco until I saw the 4 tie downs instead of 6, and the absence of that preschool level bolt-holding tool.

Please.

If you’re gonna compare these two impressive vehicles, compare the damn vehicles. Oh, and while you’re at it, review the best version of each. Enough of this, well today we’re gonna compare an EV Jeep with parts inside that feel good on my fingers to a half loaded Bronco with semi-questionable grab handle locations.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Bronco is new and different, it doesn’t make it better. For each person, each machine fulfills different needs.

I don’t see the need for the hate on the Jeep. Just like on the Jeep forums I don’t see the need for hating the Bronco.

I won’t get my Bronco for a while, in the mean time I’ll be out on the trails in my JLUR. I’m looking forward to seeing some Bronco’s out there, hopefully we can all have a good time and not worry about who’s rig is better.
Agreed - though it will be more like having a good time figuring out who’s rig is better on any give day / trail.
Sponsored