Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in a dilemma on towing. I don’t need the 10klb+ of my F150 with the tow package, but 3500lbs is a bit light of my expectations. Assuming I can get a weight distributing hitch to up the capacity a bit it should be OK. I have going back and forth on the Bronco vs. Ranger idea for the 7500lb tow rating. If the 2.7l EB and “FX4/Stage 2” suspension were available as a factory package, I might pull the trigger. The Bronco styling might still keep me pinning away and making the even less rational decision. It is just so damn good looking (Gladiator isn’t ugly by any means to my eye, just not enough to send me over the top). I have grown tired of the size of the F150. Any sort of trail use is limited by the width and turning radius.The grind of parking in suburbia also takes its toll ? That being said, riding home from the cottage last night, bed full of kids college stuff, golf clubs, clothes and all sorts of various crap, towing a trailer with two motorcycles, lawn equipment and yard bags, while still getting over 20mpg, riding great with tons of space for me, wife and two dogs is going to be hard to give up. We live in times of great vehicles!
Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is time for new vehicles in my house. Our kids are getting older and the 3rd row is not necessary any more. We just bought a wrangler, which is going to be her daily driver. And I reserved a Bronco... I cannot wait to explore the west with the family in our two beasts!

✌

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is time for new vehicles in my house. Our kids are getting older and the 3rd row is not necessary any more. We just bought a wrangler, which is going to be her daily driver. And I reserved a Bronco... I cannot wait to explore the west with the family in our two beasts!

✌
Hell yeah, brother

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You should care ?

IMG_2497.JPG

Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1972? Yeah, it’s probably time to get a new one. 48 years is a reasonable interval between purchases.
:)

Well, I did purchase it 11 years ago, but I have been wanting a new one since the concept bronco came out in 2004.

TennesseePA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2008 ES350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking just for me I like them both. I have a Gladiator Launch Edition and I truly love it. I love it so much that it already has 23.5k miles on it...and it is not my daily driver. It really does sit in the garage with the top off most of the time. I also love Ford and have a Bronco reserved and negotiating with a friend who owns a Ford store to get myself a GT500. And I sincerely wish I had enough garage and cash for a Super Duty. It doesn’t have to be an either/or thing. They are all cool to me.

OP
OP
LemonShark

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Speaking just for me I like them both. I have a Gladiator Launch Edition and I truly love it. I love it so much that it already has 23.5k miles on it...and it is not my daily driver. It really does sit in the garage with the top off most of the time. I also love Ford and have a Bronco reserved and negotiating with a friend who owns a Ford store to get myself a GT500. And I sincerely wish I had enough garage and cash for a Super Duty. It doesn’t have to be an either/or thing. They are all cool to me.
Right on. That's always how I've been. I bought a Camaro back in the day, and I was immediately supposed to be at war with Mustang owners. WTF? I like. I like them ALL. If you like it, so do I. Way too much arguing and nonsense in the world. It's WAY more fun to just like stuff.

I almost bought a Gladiator, honestly. My wife thought I was nuts. I just wasn't willing to pay the Jeep tax at the time.

TennesseePA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2008 ES350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a day like today this is the only way to roll. Be it in a Jeep or a Bronco the chicks dig it!

AED2E7A2-A42A-46AE-9332-7537752A291B.png

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have always like both, have owned 7 Jeeps and currently have a 2 door JL Rubi. Have never owned a Bronco this will be my first one and can not wait to get it. I will be keeping my Jeep so hopefully next year I will have one of each (who knows how long that black hard top will push back my build).

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I like Wranglers. I always have. I've never bought one. I like Gladiators. I think they're cool. I'll never own one. When I saw the new Bronco, ahhhh, it got me. It got me for a number of reasons, but none of those reasons have to do with it being "better" than the Wrangler.
This exactly ^ Jeeps are cool would never own one. But the Bronco, something about it got me hook line and sinker

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco just made the Wrangler obsolete. The Wrangler's undercarriage is old technology. Aside from the disconnecting front sway bar, how has the Jeep come into the new century.

With no competition, Jeep just kept on keeping on. I'm sure Jeep will have an answer, but not right away; it'll take them a couple of years to catch up. Let's see what they do with the solid front axle...wobble wobble wobble. I've owned a TJ and absolutely loved it - but right now - no comparison.

mestuntman

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
OICU812
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We all know there will be endless comparisons between these two vehicles. My question to the Bronco folks here: do you care?

Sure, I get it, we all want OUR thing to be the BEST thing, but does having .1 inches more ground clearance matter to you? Does .2 degrees of departure angle matter to you?

I like Wranglers. I always have. I've never bought one. I like Gladiators. I think they're cool. I'll never own one. When I saw the new Bronco, ahhhh, it got me. It got me for a number of reasons, but none of those reasons have to do with it being "better" than the Wrangler.

In the future, whatever current advantages the new Bronco has over the Wrangler will most likely be eliminated, and these two vehicles will pretty much be the same vehicle and the differences will, I assume, be minor or just aesthetic. In that moment, will the .1s, and .2s matter to you? Can you be swayed with an advantage here or there?
Number reason to buy a BRONCO it's not a FIAT!

mestuntman

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
OICU812
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Number 1 reason to own a BRONCO it's not a FIAT!

BRONCO.jpg
Sponsored