Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
okay this pisses me off because im almost at decision time. But that sounds great.

however

why? is this the engine that sounds like that? or does the warthog come with nice exhaust to make it sound good?

Does the bigger ecoboost really sound that much different or no?

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A V8 would be nice (for the people that ONLY care about engine size and not specs) however, people highly underestimate the 3.5 HO. It’s a beast. Just look at the Raptor.
I know the numbers for the 3.5 EcoBoost are above the 5.0 Coyote, but it's also about the sound (think Pet Shop Boys vs. Deep Purple) and the feel (think jittery cat vs. mellow dog). There will always be a vocal market for V8's and some people would pay big money for the option. Jeep knows this and is going to produce a 392 Wrangler. Barratt-Jackson just auctioned a Hellcat modified Gladiator for $198,000. I'm nowhere near in that market, but would check the box if a 5.0 could be had for $5,000.
kSF0Hza.jpg

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
also people saying "a v8 is too much"

they stuck a v8 in the wrangler and i can promise you it will sell absurdly well even if its expensive. Ford has to be careful here because at some point they are going to have to put a v8 of some kind in this vehicle to compete.

If the current line up of V8s cannot fit. They need to make one that will.

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know the numbers for the 3.5 EcoBoost are above the 5.0 Coyote, but it's also about the sound (think Pet Shop Boys vs. Deep Purple) and the feel (think jittery cat vs. mellow dog). There will always be a vocal market for V8's and some people would pay big money for the option. Jeep knows this and is going to produce a 392 Wrangler. Barratt-Jackson just auctioned a Hellcat modified Gladiator for $198,000. I'm nowhere near in that market, but would check the box if a 5.0 could be had for $5,000.
Ford Bronco Bronco Warthog Engine Sound Captured in Sighting kSF0Hza

I would pay a reasonable premium for a V8, not for power or sound (sound is a plus), but simply because i keep my vehicles as long as possible and naturally aspirated is a lot more reliable than forced induction, in most cases.

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 5.0l is too big, that's why ford has no plans to put it into a Bronco. It's wide, long, and heavy.

Now, if you divide 2.7 into six, you get .45. Now times .45 by eight. You would end up with a 3.6L twin-turbo V8 based on the 2.7L? Anyone? Is this thing on? I imagine that a 3.6L Ecoboost V8 would beat the 5.0L Coyote on HP and gas mileage... and fit into everything from a Edge to the Navigator. Just saying.

It's a shame it takes 3+ years to develop a motor.
Jay Leno thinks you're a funny guy...

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Impressive. A 0:00 second video.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jay Leno thinks you're a funny guy...
Sure, but a hotrod isn't a production car. This 9 Second VW bug has a v8 stuffed into it.

Plus, Jay Leno has unlimited funds. Most Coyote swapped early Bronco's sell for over $100,000

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

no ecoboost sounds good and its worse if you modify the exhaust. quieter the better.

Sponsored

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you for sharing!! I hope Ford gives us a Christmas present and has the debut in December.

if I have to wait until late ‘21 for a black mod top, or wait until ‘22 for a Warty guess what I’ll choose lol
You are 100% correct. I'll be doing the same thing with both of my current "21 reservations (WT and FE)....wait for the "22 models (hopefully the Warthog) and options. The "late availability" black painted mod top, tailgate slide-out and limited interior options are BS! Everyone below us in line just got happy lol.

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Now, if you divide 2.7 into six, you get .45. Now times .45 by eight. You would end up with a 3.6L twin-turbo V8 based on the 2.7L? Anyone? Is this thing on? I imagine that a 3.6L Ecoboost V8 would beat the 5.0L Coyote on HP and gas mileage...
just base it off the 3.0 to get a 4.0 Twin Turbo V8 like the Germans do. 550hp would be nice. The 6.8L V8 wouldn't be bad either. I have a hard time believing it won't fit.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I spotted a Warthog prototype turning onto Rotunda Dr. near the product development plant today. Before anyone comments on this post saying how bad the video is...I know, I had a split second to get out my phone and take a picture, I literally had to convert a “Live Photo” to video.

This video doesn’t give much besides some intel regarding what the engine may or may not sound like. Not sure if we’re getting a V-8 or a Raptor-esque HO Ecoboost, you tell me.

It's interesting since Ford claims the Bronco R runs a 2.7L engine is supposed to be the test bed for all for a
I spotted a Warthog prototype turning onto Rotunda Dr. near the product development plant today. Before anyone comments on this post saying how bad the video is...I know, I had a split second to get out my phone and take a picture, I literally had to convert a “Live Photo” to video.

This video doesn’t give much besides some intel regarding what the engine may or may not sound like. Not sure if we’re getting a V-8 or a Raptor-esque HO Ecoboost, you tell me.

I'm sure that will be late availability too, like MY 2025

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This post should be deleted. Its not even a second long. Id be embarrassed if I was OP..
Sponsored