dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I spotted a Warthog prototype turning onto Rotunda Dr. near the product development plant today. Before anyone comments on this post saying how bad the video is...I know, I had a split second to get out my phone and take a picture, I literally had to convert a “Live Photo” to video.

This video doesn’t give much besides some intel regarding what the engine may or may not sound like. Not sure if we’re getting a V-8 or a Raptor-esque HO Ecoboost, you tell me.

Doubt it's going to be a V8. Ford can run the 3.5L eco boost and come out with better numbers than jeeps rubicon 392 V8.
Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like my 3.5 has a different trombonish tone and harsher sound... although there could be other factors... id put more money on it being the 3.0 since they don't moonlight as heavy tow rigs.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right place, right time, wrong cameraman. ?‍♂
Come on gang hes driving down the road and sees it not much time to react ,i myself have catlike reflexes and would have recorded more lol just kidding sounds like a raptor

Sponsored

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like it has leather, power heated seats. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right place, right time, wrong cameraman. ?‍♂
As I said in the post, I only had time to take a live photo. I unfortunately did not have time to take a proper video....I wish I would have seen it sooner, however I try to keep those around me safe and leave the phone in my pocket ;)

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yeah whoopee a tt6.... 2.7. 3.0, 3.5...pick one. Tough to tell without knowing the exhaust.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doubt it's going to be a V8. Ford can run the 3.5L eco boost and come out with better numbers than jeeps rubicon 392 V8.
But.... But.... FoMoCo is copying So Much of the Wrangler (Swing Tailgate vs. Drop Down Tailgate that the EB had) , so if Wrangler comes out with a V8, FoMoCo will have to! They (FoMoCo) have already set this as how they decide what to offer in the Bronco. SMH.....

Yes, I'd love it if FoMoCo would put a V8 in the Bronco, just do it BEFORE Jeep does it to the Wrangler.

Come On FoMoCo! Be the LEADER and Stop FOLLOWING Jeep.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Coyote V8 doesn't interest you...? That being said I'm more excited about the 3.5 Eco.
I would rather have the 3.0tt honestly, and much rather have a 3.5tt variant with over 400hp. Even if the 5.0 has slightly more peak hp at >5k, I want the low end of the turbo motors for a truck.

Baron von Bruce

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would rather have the 3.0tt honestly, and much rather have a 3.5tt variant with over 400hp. Even if the 5.0 has slightly more peak hp at >5k, I want the low end of the turbo motors for a truck.
I agree. I was thinking your take was that Ford doesn't have any good V8 motors. I was like 'Ford has a great 'V8 Motor!' But I agree with you, the 3.0TT and the 3.5tt would be much better suited for the Bronco.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I said in the post, I only had time to take a live photo. I unfortunately did not have time to take a proper video....I wish I would have seen it sooner, however I try to keep those around me safe and leave the phone in my pocket ;)
Safety first. ? If you get lucky enough to catch one again, just hold down the shutter button on your iPhone and it will automatically record video.
Sponsored