Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can’t see the top of the tire tread you’re about a inch to deep.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And standing water vs moving water (creek/streams) is a whole different game. A swift current with 20-24” of depth can move a vehicle down stream and sometimes into deeper holes!!

OP
OP
AllthePonies

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not this deep it would appear

Ford Bronco Bronco Water Fording Capability CAC86D11-2D4B-40E6-A287-289C808C26A4
I chuckled a bit when I read that this had all been started from donuts gone awry. I’m sure it’s not so funny for the owner though.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could an Everglades (or any Bronco for that matter) actually ford water higher than the air intake that is just below the hood with a snorkel?

What kind of damage would this cause such as electrical problems with control modules and wiring harnesses?

I recall that in the F-150 owner manuals it states that differential fluid should be changed if fording water higher than the wheel hubs.

In my experience of fording a stream in a 4Runner, it gets pretty hairy when the water gets deeper than the wheel hubs.

Here’s a Jalopnik article that poses the question about what purpose a snorkel would have, including clarifying if it’s for dust or water: https://jalopnik.com/its-official-the-ford-bronco-everglades-is-coming-in-2-1847872564
I think the snorkel is mostly for appearance, no way can it be good to be in water anywhere near the normal air intake. When I was into boating I did my best to keep the wheel hubs above water. I get it the Bronco is an off road vehicle, but if I were to go through water deeper than the wheel hubs it's not going to be in a new $50K vehicle. If you got money to burn, sure do it.
Sponsored