Sponsored

Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for asking about the cam recording! Now I to put some money back for the gopro and holder?
Sponsored

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very interesting. They clearly exist. Maybe not an option, but part of a future package? Or they scrapped the idea after testing it?

1597959264845.jpeg
Unpainted parts?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The active drain will drain without any assistance. The passive drain actually has a plug that needs to be pulled or pried out.
that's backwards. the passive drain requires no user action. the active drain requires the user to pull the plug out of the hole.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Kinda bummed about no white handles. Was hoping to match the white top ?.
You can always wrap them - my brother got a piece of vinyl wrap for I think like $15 and did it himself.
I thought about this too.....though they'll likely charge for it.

I want to chime in about door handles... I have seen plenty of people discuss vinyl wrapping bodies or just the top, but nobody mentioned the handles. I have a buddy that had a white charger a while back and he wanted to do something different with it, so he vinyl wrapped his handles and spoiler in black. It turned out great and easily lasted 3-5 years. I didn't see him or his car much after that so I don't know a lot about the longevity on such a high traffic area. Just a thought.
My brother wrapped his handles about a month ago now and they're holding up fine so far.

Check out these fine custom white steelies!! Btw this bronco also has a 3.5 Eco boost engine in it. Comes from Maxlider Bros.

4FB5EDDE-3C63-43A2-9946-15F955F15361.jpeg
Looks great, but those brakes need to breathe haha.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive me if there is more clarity on this that I missed, but.... I don't need special wash out floors and vinyl, and I don't care about the difference between active vs passive plugs.... There better be some sort of way for water to exit the floors if you leave the top off and a thunderstorm rolls thru. I have a JK sport model jeep now, and when it's been caught in the rain, I pull the rubber plugs out under the carpet and all is well, very easy and simple. If your telling me I have to buy an outer banks or above model to drain the floors, that is a complete lack of decency by Ford to customers. This is essential and easy to have on any model... It's holes with rubber plugs.. Are you kidding me. This is a basic necessity if your gonna enter this market, not a luxury, not a way to be cute about options. Ford, Please clarify. This is a very easy fix if you made the wrong decision on this.
It was covered under the Q&A session on Twitter. All models have at least passive plugs like the Jeeps. For sure the trims with rubber flooring (Black Diamond and Badlands) have active plugs but the suggestion in the OP of this thread is that the Outer Banks and Wildtrak will have active plugs as well.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out these fine custom white steelies!! Btw this bronco also has a 3.5 Eco boost engine in it. Comes from Maxlider Bros.

Ford Bronco Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event 9596806-white-mental-hospital-padded-room-corner-with-a-bed

that's my color scheme...to me, so nice

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FireSquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forgive me if there is more clarity on this that I missed, but.... I don't need special wash out floors and vinyl, and I don't care about the difference between active vs passive plugs.... There better be some sort of way for water to exit the floors if you leave the top off and a thunderstorm rolls thru. I have a JK sport model jeep now, and when it's been caught in the rain, I pull the rubber plugs out under the carpet and all is well, very easy and simple. If your telling me I have to buy an outer banks or above model to drain the floors, that is a complete lack of decency by Ford to customers. This is essential and easy to have on any model... It's holes with rubber plugs.. Are you kidding me. This is a basic necessity if your gonna enter this market, not a luxury, not a way to be cute about options. Ford, Please clarify. This is a very easy fix if you made the wrong decision on this.
You could just pull up the carpet and take a drill to the floor pan and install plugs in it that way. ???

Sponsored

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well this actually might help us decode things... since wouldn’t white handles come on a white Outer Banks with color matched body pieces?

And he said those won’t be an “option” implying you can’t spec them specifically on a different color/trim level...

but he said the white hard top would be an “option”... lending credence to the idea that the white hard top could be spec’d or easily ordered as an accessory.

(And y’all could just eventually order replacement white door handles from the parts counter.)

Coopertribe

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

****UPDATE****

So after attending here is my recap...

Vehicles on display: 2 Bronco Sport Badlands (one Rapid Red and one Cyber Orange), the Catcus Gray 4 door Bronco "20 footer", a black 2 Door Badlands trail equipped concept from earlier event, and the Rapid Red Outbanks 4 door fishing concept.

The vehicles there were nothing new and nothing anyone hasn't seen, so no major updates. Pics from the Employee Round Up thread are representative and better than mine as I realized I did not take that many. The Cactus Gray and 2 Door Badlands were sasquatch packages, the Rapid Red fishing concept was Outer Banks, and the two Bronco Sports were Badlands.

As I expected the majority of the people working the event did not have deep knowledge, just basic info and there to direct people. There were a couple guys there with deeper knowledge but their time was limited with our group.

And no Jerry can paint swatches :(

Some takeaways and answers... all info is per the reps onsite

1. Overall size, height of sasquatched Broncos is not bad. Being 6'5" it shouldn't be an issue getting in. The height of the Outbanks fishing concept was shorter than expected, kind of surprised me. I would say getting in and out would not be vastly different than say an Explorer.

2. Marine grade vinyl will come with a "few color options"

3. Trims starting at the Outerbanks and above level will have floor plugs, just under the carpet if you don't get rubber floors.

4. Trail control will allow you to set "cruise" between 3-20 mph so you can watch other areas of vehicle while on the trail... so you don't have to focus on looking out the windshield

5. Trial cam recording... probably not going to be available onboard, suggestion was use a GoPro

6. General location of front trail cam (couldn't confirm where exactly) appears it would be covered by the winch they had on the black 2 door

7. Per one of the knowledgeable reps... white door handles will not be an option... but he did say painted white hard top will be an option, I even clarified 2 times

8. Per same rep from #7... this one I found interesting... he said wherever there is a screw stamped with "Bronco", that location was built with the intent to accommodate accessories/aftermarket pieces.

Other than those things, nothing really new... I had limited time and realized when my group was done I hadn't asked more questions or took more pics... I think I was too excited to finally see them in person.

Overall all of them will be great vehicles and we all will have a great time customizing and making them our own!