Sponsored

Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event

OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you comment on the hue of cactus grey? Does it have a noticable green tone? Is it mint?
It’s a nice color. Definitely some green/blue hues. It was bright and sunny and even light when I was there so it was pretty light colored. It is an intriguing color!
Sponsored

OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP is not a liar. He heard what he heard I'm sure. I just won't believe it until I see it myself. It wouldn't be the first time a company representative got something wrong.

I mean.... They were standing right by a truck with a white roof. Maybe the guy was like "wtf... There's one right here... Of course it's coming"

I'll be hopefully skeptical until I see it on my order sheet.
totally understand the believe it when I see it, but the rep who mentioned it was one of the two there who had deeper knowledge. Probably works on bronco program and not from a marketing firm there just to coral people.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#7!
Ford Bronco Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event main-qimg-4b81bbac0bd71da039c7ba2938d73a5c

Might have to stick with the Anitmatter Blue with a white top!

Hopefully below didn't happen afterwards at the bar...
Ford Bronco Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event ZomboMeme 21082020071202

In all seriousness though, thank you @dwfern for taking time to ask some questions and post up the responses!

R3M1-224

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if 4WD/lockers will remain active after the vehicle is shut off or will everything have to be reset once started again? Just curious since it’s an electric dial instead of a shift knob

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s a nice color. Definitely some green/blue hues. It was bright and sunny and even light when I was there so it was pretty light colored. It is an intriguing color!
Is CG a non-metallic/flat colour? was there any depth to the paint?

Can't wait for the 4dr to come to the Oakville plant so I can check it out.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Door handles ordered through parts always come primed. The body shop paints them per vehicle VIN.

ex

Not true!!
I‘ve never seen any body parts from any manufacturer come pre-painted. If you think about it, the inventory issues of having body parts pre-painted make it not feasible.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
and I don't care about the difference between active vs passive plugs.... There better be some sort of way for water to exit the floors if you leave the top off and a thunderstorm rolls thru.
If you care about how water exits a Bronco it probably helps to care about the two methods Ford has provided to achieve that function.

Passive is a defined term, it doesn’t require user intervention. The passive ”openings” will drain water without you doing anything. Standard on all trims.

Active requires user intervention - pulling a plug. It will drain water much more quickly - suitable for hosing out a vehicle. Not available on all trims.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
****UPDATE****

So after attending here is my recap...

Vehicles on display: 2 Bronco Sport Badlands (one Rapid Red and one Cyber Orange), the Catcus Gray 4 door Bronco "20 footer", a black 2 Door Badlands trail equipped concept from earlier event, and the Rapid Red Outbanks 4 door fishing concept.

The vehicles there were nothing new and nothing anyone hasn't seen, so no major updates. Pics from the Employee Round Up thread are representative and better than mine as I realized I did not take that many. The Cactus Gray and 2 Door Badlands were sasquatch packages, the Rapid Red fishing concept was Outer Banks, and the two Bronco Sports were Badlands.

As I expected the majority of the people working the event did not have deep knowledge, just basic info and there to direct people. There were a couple guys there with deeper knowledge but their time was limited with our group.

And no Jerry can paint swatches :(

Some takeaways and answers... all info is per the reps onsite

1. Overall size, height of sasquatched Broncos is not bad. Being 6'5" it shouldn't be an issue getting in. The height of the Outbanks fishing concept was shorter than expected, kind of surprised me. I would say getting in and out would not be vastly different than say an Explorer.

2. Marine grade vinyl will come with a "few color options"

3. Trims starting at the Outerbanks and above level will have floor plugs, just under the carpet if you don't get rubber floors.

4. Trail control will allow you to set "cruise" between 3-20 mph so you can watch other areas of vehicle while on the trail... so you don't have to focus on looking out the windshield

5. Trial cam recording... probably not going to be available onboard, suggestion was use a GoPro

6. General location of front trail cam (couldn't confirm where exactly) appears it would be covered by the winch they had on the black 2 door

7. Per one of the knowledgeable reps... white door handles will not be an option... but he did say painted white hard top will be an option, I even clarified 2 times

8. Per same rep from #7... this one I found interesting... he said wherever there is a screw stamped with "Bronco", that location was built with the intent to accommodate accessories/aftermarket pieces.

Other than those things, nothing really new... I had limited time and realized when my group was done I hadn't asked more questions or took more pics... I think I was too excited to finally see them in person.

Overall all of them will be great vehicles and we all will have a great time customizing and making them our own!
I'm late here, but thanks so much. Very good info to look forward to and #7 is amazing news.

JetRanger

Badlands
First Name
Gwagonman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 G-63
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I‘ve never seen any body parts from any manufacturer come pre-painted. If you think about it, the inventory issues of having body parts pre-painted make it not feasible.
Exactly right. The last time I ordered a new door handle was for my Chevy Volt. It's door handles were red in color, and matched the body color. It arrived at my Chevrolet dealer in primer grey. Of course, the dealer's body shop had to paint them to match. This is normal.

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

White top, handles, bronco emblem on back, roll bars, brushed aluminum grill on velocity blue ?
Still no word on color options for the roll cage (if any), right? Is the best guess that it will be body color?

Sponsored

Miller2

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Wrangler 14 Frontier Pro4X 11 Armada 10 Taho
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Need. Now.

Bronco-DESKTOP-RRVFFVI.JPG

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if 4WD/lockers will remain active after the vehicle is shut off or will everything have to be reset once started again? Just curious since it’s an electric dial instead of a shift knob
I’m certain it will remain active sense the parking brake is also electronic. (FWIW my ‘95 had electric push button 4x4 that stayed active)

Broncodan83

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 bronco and 79 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no news on the 2 door tray/storage? lame

nice job making them admit to a white hardtop though

now i just need white fenders
Ford Bronco Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event Bronco-DESKTOP-RRVFFVI.JPG
Is that antimatter blue?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have mercy, I can now sleep at night since I know I can get the Area 51, or Velocity Blue with a White top. Many thanks to the Ford Gods for that good news. :)
Sponsored