Sponsored

Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
#4 - Ghost ride the whip, says Ford.

#5 - Dissapointment. The reveal video had an implication that you could share the video of the trail.
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@dwfern - regarding (3), did you get the sense that he simply meant the “passive” drains are on OB and above? Meaning, if you stripped the carpet out of the WildTrak, youd see bare metal with passive plugs, not the rubberized floor found in the BD/BL/FE ?

thanks again!
Good question and I'm assuming (logically) that if they know there's a good chance of it needing passive drain due to the interior getting wet, there should be some type of protective film/bond/spray besides body colour on the floor metal to prevent rust etc... especially some of you guys would probably get drunk and pass out in the bronco at a camping site and pee your pants?, so those drain plugs will come in handy

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for this! It's already been posted in this thread, but we knew there was a white top available if you bought a white Bronco with the body color top. The question is whether you can order a white top as an option on a different color Bronco. I'm still not sure that question has been answered.
This is exactly correct! Thankfully somebody else also pointed this out.

We already knew that a white roof "was an option".... As in "If you buy an oxford white Bronco with color matched hardtop, the top will be white"...

The devil is in the details. Now if the OP had asked "Will there be a white plastic hard top option that is not part of a color-matched roof?" then it's possible the answer would have gleaned any new information. As-is, the answer was vague enough to be correct in at least one situation so it is the truth.

Just like the clock on the dash of my '51 Fleetline is correct twice a day, so it "works", even though it hasn't told accurate time except for 9:30 in over forty years.

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you, dwfern!

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

****UPDATE****

2. Marine grade vinyl will come with a "few color options"

4. Trail control will allow you to set "cruise" between 3-20 mph so you can watch other areas of vehicle while on the trail... so you don't have to focus on looking out the windshield

2. This is good but I'm wondering what colours and the pricing for these options. Obviously looks like gray, black and the brown/gray colour will be some of the options

4. This is great for trails, but for some of you stalkers, I can see this being handy as well?

Sponsored

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

We already knew that a white roof "was an option".... As in "If you buy an oxford white Bronco with color matched hardtop, the top will be white"...

The devil is in the details. Now if the OP had asked "Will there be a white plastic hard top option that is not part of a color-matched roof?" then it's possible the answer would have gleaned any new information. As-is, the answer was vague enough to be correct in at least one situation so it is the truth.

Just like the clock on the dash of my '51 Fleetline is correct twice a day, so it "works", even though it hasn't told accurate time except for 9:30 in over forty years.
The fact that they were standing near a CG with a white top and not an OW with a white painted top is enough for me to pin my hopes on.

These reps are not going to be pinned down lawyer style at a casual event for employees.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WOW - interactive garage shows the below when you select white hard top. When you select black top the message below just says "see associate". So maybe this is a good 500-1000 premium over standard top, if true that its 2,499

Ford Accessories - Factory Hard Top - White
Product # FordFactoryHardTopwhite_TBD

$2,499.99

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Figured we would spend multiple pages debating what was said and what was meant in a conversation that none of us were a part of. So I'll do my part - The rep said there would be an option for a white hardtop. Obviously white is a body color that can be ordered with a matching top. The rep could have said yes white hardtop is an available option when you choose the white body color. But he/she didn't. The OP said they clarified with a 2nd question about it. I assume the OP didn't ask the same question verbatim but put it in a different way that would give the rep an opportunity to say no, or to say no comment on future product.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question and I'm assuming (logically) that if they know there's a good chance of it needing passive drain due to the interior getting wet, there should be some type of protective film/bond/spray besides body colour on the floor metal to prevent rust etc... especially some of you guys would probably get drunk and pass out in the bronco at a camping site and pee your pants?, so those drain plugs will come in handy
Good point. I may be reaching here, but Ford representatives have already stated in the Twitter Q and A a few weeks back that passive plugs are on ALL models.
We now have a Ford rep commenting that the “drain plugs” are on OB and above, so can we assume he means the “active” ones, aka, Rubberized Flooring with active drain plugs are on OB and above, but simply covered up with carpet on OB and WT?

That would be awesome!

Last edited:

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok Mr Attorney, but my client confirmed not once, but twice, and his source works for Ford with a job to answer such questions.

Sponsored

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Overall size, height of sasquatched Broncos is not bad. Being 6'5" it shouldn't be an issue getting in. The height of the Outbanks fishing concept was shorter than expected, kind of surprised me. I would say getting in and out would not be vastly different than say an Explorer.
Did you seat inside if yes how is the legroom? I am very tall like you so interested in knowing how it felt. For reference I don’t have enough space in a wrangler.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

****UPDATE****

So after attending here is my recap...

Vehicles on display: 2 Bronco Sport Badlands (one Rapid Red and one Cyber Orange), the Catcus Gray 4 door Bronco "20 footer", a black 2 Door Badlands trail equipped concept from earlier event, and the Rapid Red Outbanks 4 door fishing concept.

The vehicles there were nothing new and nothing anyone hasn't seen, so no major updates. Pics from the Employee Round Up thread are representative and better than mine as I realized I did not take that many. The Cactus Gray and 2 Door Badlands were sasquatch packages, the Rapid Red fishing concept was Outer Banks, and the two Bronco Sports were Badlands.

As I expected the majority of the people working the event did not have deep knowledge, just basic info and there to direct people. There were a couple guys there with deeper knowledge but their time was limited with our group.

And no Jerry can paint swatches :(

Some takeaways and answers... all info is per the reps onsite

1. Overall size, height of sasquatched Broncos is not bad. Being 6'5" it shouldn't be an issue getting in. The height of the Outbanks fishing concept was shorter than expected, kind of surprised me. I would say getting in and out would not be vastly different than say an Explorer.

So basically won't fit most NYC Parking Garages... not an issue

2. Marine grade vinyl will come with a "few color options"

Pimpy, and if I don't like the options, always can get a shop to do Katskinz

3. Trims starting at the Outerbanks and above level will have floor plugs, just under the carpet if you don't get rubber floors.

4. Trail control will allow you to set "cruise" between 3-20 mph so you can watch other areas of vehicle while on the trail... so you don't have to focus on looking out the windshield

5. Trial cam recording... probably not going to be available onboard, suggestion was use a GoPro

Another reason for me to stop being lazy and get one

6. General location of front trail cam (couldn't confirm where exactly) appears it would be covered by the winch they had on the black 2 door

7. Per one of the knowledgeable reps... white door handles will not be an option... but he did say painted white hard top will be an option, I even clarified 2 times

Hell Yeah!

8. Per same rep from #7... this one I found interesting... he said wherever there is a screw stamped with "Bronco", that location was built with the intent to accommodate accessories/aftermarket pieces.

Other than those things, nothing really new... I had limited time and realized when my group was done I hadn't asked more questions or took more pics... I think I was too excited to finally see them in person.

Overall all of them will be great vehicles and we all will have a great time customizing and making them our own!
Now assuming my friends don't bail, I have something to drink too tonight
Sponsored