Sponsored

Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some takeaways and answers... all info is per the reps onsite

7. Per one of the knowledgeable reps... white door handles will not be an option... but he did say painted white hard top will be an option, I even clarified 2 times
Very interesting. They clearly exist. Maybe not an option, but part of a future package? Or they scrapped the idea after testing it?

Ford Bronco Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event 1597959264845
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interesting. They clearly exist. Maybe not an option, but part of a future package? Or they scrapped the idea after testing it?

1597959264845.jpeg
Well this actually might help us decode things... since wouldn’t white handles come on a white Outer Banks with color matched body pieces?

And he said those won’t be an “option” implying you can’t spec them specifically on a different color/trim level...

but he said the white hard top would be an “option”... lending credence to the idea that the white hard top could be spec’d or easily ordered as an accessory.

(And y’all could just eventually order replacement white door handles from the parts counter.)

Last edited:

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It wouldn't make sense for the rep to get his hopes up on a technicality, he's trying to excite people, not trick them. I also wouldn't assume that the white top will be free tho! It's definitely going to be painted, no way will they have a white plastic finish. So in order to get a white top you would have to opt for the painted modular top, or a trim that has it standard. If you pay for that then maybe white is a free option. But I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a small surcharge, i'm fine with that as long as it's less than a shop would charge me to paint it white...

Sponsored

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if the White top is just that "body color painted" option if you happen to choose a White Bronco? So many people are obsessed with the CG and White top... let's hope for their sake it truly is "pick your color painted" top option.
I was wondering the same thing, if he was just referring to the painted white top to go with the White body. I would of liked the Question to be is the Painted White Top available on ALL color options.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I asked about the plugs he basically said, "Starting with the Outerbanks trim, the plugs will be there, just under the carpet... so if you pull back the carpet the plugs will be there."

I am very curious to see the execution of that because I may switch from Badlands to Outerbanks and do something aftermarket to replace carpet in Outerbanks? ?‍♂
This makes it sound like you'll able to delete the carpet in OB and WT trims similar to what some folks have said about building an F150.

JetRanger

Badlands
First Name
Gwagonman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 G-63
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys, IMHO, we may be over-thinking this white top thing. Yes, like what feels like 99% of everyone else here, I also want CG with a white top (preferably baked in the plastic, but painted would be OK, too, just not as good). But, I ain't gunna 'count my eggs till they've hatched.' I have no idea what the reality of a white top really is, at least until the config gizmo is alive and working, and even then, it will not be a done deal until December (or whatever the date becomes), when we can actually place a real factory order. Until then, patience is key.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For the white top, did you ask if it’s available on all body colors?
We do know it’s available if you have white as your body color. Just sayin. ?‍♂

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
****UPDATE****

So after attending here is my recap...

Vehicles on display: 2 Bronco Sport Badlands (one Rapid Red and one Cyber Orange), the Catcus Gray 4 door Bronco "20 footer", a black 2 Door Badlands trail equipped concept from earlier event, and the Rapid Red Outbanks 4 door fishing concept.

The vehicles there were nothing new and nothing anyone hasn't seen, so no major updates. Pics from the Employee Round Up thread are representative and better than mine as I realized I did not take that many. The Cactus Gray and 2 Door Badlands were sasquatch packages, the Rapid Red fishing concept was Outer Banks, and the two Bronco Sports were Badlands.

As I expected the majority of the people working the event did not have deep knowledge, just basic info and there to direct people. There were a couple guys there with deeper knowledge but their time was limited with our group.

And no Jerry can paint swatches :(

Some takeaways and answers... all info is per the reps onsite

1. Overall size, height of sasquatched Broncos is not bad. Being 6'5" it shouldn't be an issue getting in. The height of the Outbanks fishing concept was shorter than expected, kind of surprised me. I would say getting in and out would not be vastly different than say an Explorer.

2. Marine grade vinyl will come with a "few color options"

3. Trims starting at the Outerbanks and above level will have floor plugs, just under the carpet if you don't get rubber floors.

4. Trail control will allow you to set "cruise" between 3-20 mph so you can watch other areas of vehicle while on the trail... so you don't have to focus on looking out the windshield

5. Trial cam recording... probably not going to be available onboard, suggestion was use a GoPro

6. General location of front trail cam (couldn't confirm where exactly) appears it would be covered by the winch they had on the black 2 door

7. Per one of the knowledgeable reps... white door handles will not be an option... but he did say painted white hard top will be an option, I even clarified 2 times

8. Per same rep from #7... this one I found interesting... he said wherever there is a screw stamped with "Bronco", that location was built with the intent to accommodate accessories/aftermarket pieces.

Other than those things, nothing really new... I had limited time and realized when my group was done I hadn't asked more questions or took more pics... I think I was too excited to finally see them in person.

Overall all of them will be great vehicles and we all will have a great time customizing and making them our own!

"Trail control will allow you to set "cruise" between 3-20 mph so you can watch other areas of vehicle while on the trail... so you don't have to focus on looking out the windshields"

So like, i get to live out jurassic Park 1 fantasies of being in an on-rails ford vehicle and exploring a park? Yesss. Count me in!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely opting for white top here and one way or another my grill will be white too. I want the door handles and fender flares to stay body color (AMB) if possible. Now just holding out hope for the white steelies that will be home to my BFG 33’s.
Mmmm. Maybe get the grille text to be body color with the white grille? Body color pinstripe on your steelies too.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Seems dangerous.

1597958921094.gif
Nahhhhhhh, just watch how people drive on public highways on the way to work in the morning. Not too many eyeballs on the road ahead of them.

The goal with modern cars is to enable people to not have to consciously operate dangerous heavy machinery in public while operating dangerous heavy machinery in public.

For those absolute weirdos out there, the Manual Transmission was invented to combat FaceBucks itis. (FaceBucks is the morning ritual of facebooking in one hand while having a starbucks in the other while driving to work)
Sponsored