Sponsored

Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Reactions: RLW

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
****UPDATE****

So after attending here is my recap...

Vehicles on display: 2 Bronco Sport Badlands (one Rapid Red and one Cyber Orange), the Catcus Gray 4 door Bronco "20 footer", a black 2 Door Badlands trail equipped concept from earlier event, and the Rapid Red Outbanks 4 door fishing concept.

The vehicles there were nothing new and nothing anyone hasn't seen, so no major updates. Pics from the Employee Round Up thread are representative and better than mine as I realized I did not take that many. The Cactus Gray and 2 Door Badlands were sasquatch packages, the Rapid Red fishing concept was Outer Banks, and the two Bronco Sports were Badlands.

As I expected the majority of the people working the event did not have deep knowledge, just basic info and there to direct people. There were a couple guys there with deeper knowledge but their time was limited with our group.

And no Jerry can paint swatches :(

Some takeaways and answers... all info is per the reps onsite

1. Overall size, height of sasquatched Broncos is not bad. Being 6'5" it shouldn't be an issue getting in. The height of the Outbanks fishing concept was shorter than expected, kind of surprised me. I would say getting in and out would not be vastly different than say an Explorer.

2. Marine grade vinyl will come with a "few color options"

3. Trims starting at the Outerbanks and above level will have floor plugs, just under the carpet if you don't get rubber floors.

4. Trail control will allow you to set "cruise" between 3-20 mph so you can watch other areas of vehicle while on the trail... so you don't have to focus on looking out the windshield

5. Trial cam recording... probably not going to be available onboard, suggestion was use a GoPro

6. General location of front trail cam (couldn't confirm where exactly) appears it would be covered by the winch they had on the black 2 door

7. Per one of the knowledgeable reps... white door handles will not be an option... but he did say painted white hard top will be an option, I even clarified 2 times

8. Per same rep from #7... this one I found interesting... he said wherever there is a screw stamped with "Bronco", that location was built with the intent to accommodate accessories/aftermarket pieces.

Other than those things, nothing really new... I had limited time and realized when my group was done I hadn't asked more questions or took more pics... I think I was too excited to finally see them in person.

Overall all of them will be great vehicles and we all will have a great time customizing and making them our own!
#3 should say Black Diamond and above.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great, another decision. White or black top lol.

Which colors looks best/worst with a white top.

Best: Velocity Blue + White
Worst: Cyber Orange + White

Sponsored

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah #3 makes no sense considering the last Q&A
Makes sense if the OB and WT are advertised as carpeted flooring as a creature comfort. Peel them back and you’re back to the rubberized floor with active drain plugs. Ford does refer to the rubberized flooring as “sparse” interior. However, it is a different stamping, which makes sense that it is only found in OB and above.. So, just a theory, OB and WT simply have carpet on top if we believe the Ford employee who said All trims starting with OB have drain plugs.
Perhaps there’s a “ carpet delete” checkbox lurking under the configurator carpet - yeahhh

Last edited:

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, I'm all-in for a Carbonized Gray 4-door, but a Velocity Blue 2-door with a white top sure would look classic, eh?
I do like the how that looks. I’m thinking of Area 51 with a white top. Don’t know how’d it look with the black handles though.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We already knew that a white roof "was an option".... As in "If you buy an oxford white Bronco with color matched hardtop, the top will be white"...

The devil is in the details. Now if the OP had asked "Will there be a white plastic hard top option that is not part of a color-matched roof?" then it's possible the answer would have gleaned any new information. As-is, the answer was vague enough to be correct in at least one situation so it is the truth.
Don't read something that isn't there. The man said twice white tops, let there be white tops and celebrate!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really excited for the white top just hope it’s not a lot more over the standered gray

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know what you’re saying..
However, if ALL models have passive drains (as stated by Ford), then what is the meaning of this statement?

3. Trims starting at the Outerbanks and above level will have floor plugs, just under the carpet if you don't get rubber floors.

It sounds like the “other plugs”... the ones integrated with the rubber floors.

From other threads:
Pretty sure it’s been confirmed all trims get the passive drains.
Edit: From the Q&A

Q: Are the cabin drain plugs in all trims or just the “rubberized flooring/washout interior” and are the in both front/rear rows?
A: Active drain plugs are only available with the rubberized flooring. There are passive drain plugs in all 2- and 4-door Broncos. The
What's the difference between an active or passive drain. Do the active ones have..suction?

O-ftn7WFm-M4_7UqWoyeMFE9GXHnvkTQVt0mBnTHS44.jpg

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the difference between an active or passive drain. Do the active ones have..suction?

O-ftn7WFm-M4_7UqWoyeMFE9GXHnvkTQVt0mBnTHS44.jpg
Very funny!

As Iunderstand it ( from like a thousand posts on it after reveal), passive drains are on all models; they’re like weep holes strategically placed along the aluminum floor to slowly , but eventually let out any trapped water that makes its way there.

Whereas active plugs are in photo below; use them to quicky flush out water on top of your floor. These are “ integrated” with the rubberized floors.

So, when Ford says all trim starting with OB and above get the plugs... does it equate to said trims having rubberized floors, where OB/WT are carpeted on top for comfort?

Ford Bronco Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event 50F63B42-BC80-4089-8628-FAA13188584A
The

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
white on white; thinking about it.

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes! As long as you don't live in Southwest Florida we're good :LOL: I've posted the wheels in a couple threads, but if you e-mail [email protected] and ask them to add you to the "John R" contact list, they'll get back to you when these are available.
Holy Cow! Great find on a source for the retro white wheels. It is another thing that has me excited about the new Bronco. It's all coming together
Sponsored