Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco interior design team has to be the weakest link in this rollout. The Badlands black MGV would be the only terrific choice, and that was IF they used black stitching instead of the God awful yellow. Instead it's just ok. They completely shit the bed with these color combinations. ?‍♂

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pair that interior with a couple Black and Tans and might start to look better...

1608507388910.jpeg
Take more than a couple...that's one ugly interior

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This interior white/grey MGV basically says TAKE ME TO THE BEACH and park next to a Jeep to show off !!!!! The sandstone and tan in the WT says please put my top and doors back on.....
This is the best interior (white/ grey) over all..love it. The all black is fine but I don't want something that hot in the summer and Ford needs a light interior alternative

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pair that interior with a couple Black and Tans and might start to look better...

1608507388910.jpeg
If I need to drink a few of those every time I am going to get into the Bronco, much of my time will be spent in an altered state.

If that is my new plan will need to start budgeting for a chauffeur.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So wild to me that one of the concepts (saddle brown) was such a knock out, but then aside from the BB heather gray, MGV BD, or BL the rest of the interiors are just flat.
I get where Navy Pier is a throwback color combo, but it belongs back there IMO.

This, I don't know what this WT interior is, feel bad for those getting it

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It depends on the options you want. They have a lot variations/designs that you could could do your seats in and that picture is of a standard variation for a 2021 Ranger XLT, since there's nothing for the Bronco as of yet. (but they've stated they will be making stuff for the Bronco once they get their hands on one)

You would have to call and/or email Katzkin and talk with them, if you didn't see something you liked, which could affect the cost.

This is from another member in a thread not long after the materials walk-thru video.

It's not cheap, but if you go cloth (interior on the WT) and depending on how you customize, it could be cheaper than the leather upgrade cost or roughly the same.

They seriously have a lot of ways to customize seats, it just depends if you consider it a worth while upgrade.

Also of note, they don't only do Leather seat covers, but it's the only thing listed on their site, so it can be misleading.
I know vinyl is an option, but not sure about cloth. You would actually have to talk to them to see.
But no amount of seat covers can change the sandstone dash or the sandstone door inserts. It'll likely end up an even larger Frankenstein disaster of an interior.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But no amount of seat covers can change the sandstone dash or the sandstone door inserts. It'll likely end up an even larger Frankenstein disaster of an interior.
Additionally, the cloth seats are manual. Only the leather are power.

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the upper and lower dash was black. I’d live with the tan/black leather seats.

or better yet; offer the All Black interior like the FE.

Mr Big

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So as a blue collar guy, I’d give those beige armrests maybe a week before they got stained and dirty as hell.

I can get past the seats and maybe the light dash but I’d be worried about the dash reflecting light, there’s a reason most dashboards are black.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My biggest hang up IS the dash color.
The door inserts and arm rest are not so much of a problem (to me) and it doesn't bother me that cloth seats are manual adjust.

**disclaimer**
I'm a former auto body repair and refinish tech and had to deal with my share of interior stuff. (even full dash removal and replacement) I realize that I'm an exception to the rule and not your average buyer, so my view on things can be skewed to the way I see things from my point of view.
I do not expect the average buyer to go this far/extreme.

With that, if I were to go back to Wildtrak and actually make it my order, the first thing that would happen when I got it home would be to pull off the drivers door panel. I would then access what is holding/attaching the armrest and insert to the door panel and if they could be reattached in a manner so as to be solid again and not look butchered. Since I'm also a 2-door only, I would also outline the body color insert in wax pen to give me an idea of how I would approach that.

If the armrest and insert can be feasibly reattached, then I'd have them recovered in black leather. The dash is a whole other can of worms that would require me to loosen trim parts from it and access what the dash is actually made and how to approach it. (re-color it then Flock the surfaces would be one example, but all hinges on what the dash material is)

Now, I know I make it sound so simple, but it's not, so please re-read my disclaimer and understand that NO ONE, including myself, should HAVE to go to this extreme to get an interior that we would like and/or accept on a vehicle that can approach $60k price tag.

BUT, if the Wildtrak comes across as my best bang-for-the-buck option should I move away from Base, then you can bet I would go this far and scour for any information I could get on what the dash panel material is.

Of course, this all hinges on if Ford decides to add another interior color option that's less polarizing than the choices that are currently on it.

*sorry for the long winded reply*

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One would think Ford made the Bronco with a purple and fuchsia interior with how many complaints there are. The sand/black combo is a fairly normal look. Though I do understand the lack of an all black option for Wildtrak is odd.
Sponsored