Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks like the Bronco will launch with many Yakima accessories available immediately.

Per https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-accessories-already-being-developed-by-yakima/

FORD BRONCO ACCESSORIES ALREADY BEING DEVELOPED BY YAKIMA
The Off-Road SUV Will Have A Strong Accessories Lineup Out Of The Gate

MC&T has learned that, as seen with the launch of the 2019 Ranger in the United States, Ford Motor Company is continuing its relationship with cargo accessories manufacturer Yakima to develop various add-ons for the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco. This will give the Bronco additional tools and appeal out of the gate as it competes with the JL Jeep Wrangler, its arsenal of official Mopar accessories, and deep aftermarket support.

Ford also partnered with Yakima to accessorize the all-new 2020 Ford Explorer three-row SUV at launch.

Expect similar Yakima products to be offered on the Ford Bronco that were offered on the Ford Ranger and Explorer, and expect these products to be offered at Ford dealerships nationwide. Some of these conveniences on the Ranger included bike racks, kayak racks, hitch-mounted storage racks, and even a tent. On the 2020 Explorer, Yakima offers roof-mounted bike racks and cargo trays. There’s also a 6.5-foot by 6.5-foot foldable awning that’s mounted on the roof, as well. We believe the Yakima accessories offered on the 2021 Ford Bronco will be the most ambitious collaboration between the two companies thus far.

Offering Yakima accessories through dealerships will allow 2021 Ford Bronco customers to select what they want and then add it to the cost to their vehicle financing if they so choose. Currently, all Yakima accessories purchased through a Ford dealership come with a 3-year or 36,000-mile Ford warranty, and extended warranties also are available.

Over at FCA, Mopar offers several storage solutions for JL Jeep Wrangler customers. This includes everything from roof-mounted cargo trays, to bike carriers, to ski and snowboard carriers. These parts are warrantied for 24 months.

Also entering the fray is the all-new Land Rover Defender, but this time as a unibody SUV. Despite this, Land Rover will still offer high-end overlanding kit such as a portable shower and ladder to lure the crowds away from the body-on-frame JL Wrangler and Ford Bronco as it hits the market with a base price of roughly $49,000.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who cares about rooftop tents and bike racks? Gimme some angry eyes, red LED headlights, punisher skulls, 22” rims, and light bars. LOTS of light bars.

/s if not obvious

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nickp, don't forget the body armor cladding, hood mounted jacks, chromed-out diff covers and my personal favorite branch protectors!

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That makes two brands that will be supplying accessories to the Bronco, the other being Hennessey. Ford seems pretty confident with the Bronco's abilities; as do these guys...

...I hope...

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By this point I would guess Ford has reached out to numerous potential partners, and they might use SEMA this year to pick out a few more. I'd wager they intend to have a big showing of accessories lined up and ready for the new Bronco, and SEMA would line up around the time the press and automotive entertainment people might be doing test drives and the like.

Maybe we'll get lucky and someone from one of those companies Ford reached out to will tell us something interesting.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like the Bronco will launch with many Yakima accessories available immediately.

Per https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-accessories-already-being-developed-by-yakima/

FORD BRONCO ACCESSORIES ALREADY BEING DEVELOPED BY YAKIMA
The Off-Road SUV Will Have A Strong Accessories Lineup Out Of The Gate

MC&T has learned that, as seen with the launch of the 2019 Ranger in the United States, Ford Motor Company is continuing its relationship with cargo accessories manufacturer Yakima to develop various add-ons for the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco. This will give the Bronco additional tools and appeal out of the gate as it competes with the JL Jeep Wrangler, its arsenal of official Mopar accessories, and deep aftermarket support.

Ford also partnered with Yakima to accessorize the all-new 2020 Ford Explorer three-row SUV at launch.

Expect similar Yakima products to be offered on the Ford Bronco that were offered on the Ford Ranger and Explorer, and expect these products to be offered at Ford dealerships nationwide. Some of these conveniences on the Ranger included bike racks, kayak racks, hitch-mounted storage racks, and even a tent. On the 2020 Explorer, Yakima offers roof-mounted bike racks and cargo trays. There’s also a 6.5-foot by 6.5-foot foldable awning that’s mounted on the roof, as well. We believe the Yakima accessories offered on the 2021 Ford Bronco will be the most ambitious collaboration between the two companies thus far.

Offering Yakima accessories through dealerships will allow 2021 Ford Bronco customers to select what they want and then add it to the cost to their vehicle financing if they so choose. Currently, all Yakima accessories purchased through a Ford dealership come with a 3-year or 36,000-mile Ford warranty, and extended warranties also are available.

Over at FCA, Mopar offers several storage solutions for JL Jeep Wrangler customers. This includes everything from roof-mounted cargo trays, to bike carriers, to ski and snowboard carriers. These parts are warrantied for 24 months.

Also entering the fray is the all-new Land Rover Defender,
but this time as a unibody SUV. Despite this, Land Rover will still offer high-end overlanding kit such as a portable shower and ladder to lure the crowds away from the body-on-frame JL Wrangler and Ford Bronco as it hits the market with a base price of roughly $49,000.
Hot dog, a new Land Rover. That will give us a chance to test the towing capabilities of the new Bronco. :)

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B Willys, 1G Bronco, TJ Jeep, Dodge Diesel.
Unibody base price $49,000. I suppose they've done their market research and determined there are a lot of people who just want the look of a tough off roader. Let's hope Ford doesn't buy into the same marketing strategy.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unibody base price $49,000. I suppose they've done their market research and determined there are a lot of people who just want the look of a tough off roader. Let's hope Ford doesn't buy into the same marketing strategy.
The Defender definitely isn’t my cup of tea but writing it off just because it’s unibody and independent suspension is pretty dumb. It has an inch more ground clearance than a Wrangler Rubicon, similar geometry, and better water fording depth by several inches. Do I want the Bronco to be similar in any way? Nope. But I’m mot going to discount what they’ve done, because it is damn impressive.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have you heard of this unibody thing called an XJ Cherokee? I hear they do pretty well off road.

That said from everything I've heard Land Rovers have the theoretical ability to do quite well off road but not the reliability to stay out there.

Sponsored

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you heard of this unibody thing called an XJ Cherokee? I hear they do pretty well off road.

That said from everything I've heard Land Rovers have the theoretical ability to do quite well off road but not the reliability to stay out there.
Heard of an XJ? I used to own a ice blue 1998 XJ 4 door manual. Pretty much the holy grail of XJ's Great little rig for fire roads, but not to wheel unless you add a frame stiffener kit. A full cage roll bar stiffens them up a bit. Otherwise they bend. Windshield can pop out, doors and hatch won't open/close right. Even after doing that, I've had friends rip off suspensions where they attach to the sheet metal unibody.

Why I sold it:

I had the right front and left rear tires off the ground (stuck). Went to open the drivers door and it caved in the fender at the door hinge area. That's was enough for me. Yeah,I liked it and could of built it, but didn't like it that much. And it didn't sell it for $48,000.

A unibody off roader is the bottom of the barrel (if you ask me).

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Defender definitely isn’t my cup of tea but writing it off just because it’s unibody and independent suspension is pretty dumb. It has an inch more ground clearance than a Wrangler Rubicon, similar geometry, and better water fording depth by several inches. Do I want the Bronco to be similar in any way? Nope. But I’m mot going to discount what they’ve done, because it is damn impressive.
Because of past experience you couldn't give me a unibody off roader. Much less pay $48,000 for one. Much much less one not proven. I'm not closed minded; if Defender could prove it won't bend (which is what they should do for marketing) then and only then would I consider even considering.

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A unibody in itself is not necessarily inferior ..... but the ...... unibodies produced by automakers are less than ideal when it come to strenuous trail use. Sure, they may be capable, but it is really an issue of durability.
BINGO!

Substitute the word "unibody" with the word "electronics"...

......and the point I was trying to get across to the Richard Craniums on this fan boy Ford can do no wrong Forum becomes crystal clear.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:ROFLMAO:can't wait for the angry eyes.. if only they had an eye roll version.

I find myself sitting around at work day dreaming about the modifications i want to do or want to be able to do, in hopes it's possible. I am sure ford has a lot in store as far as personalization options from factory. MORE STICKERS!
Sponsored