Sponsored

Bronco will make our world better, and it’s worth the wait.

Who will rise up to meet the Bronco First?

• Total voters

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO. Waiting for the bronco until this time next year is worth it, to me anyway. Since the bronco‘s official reveal, you know Jeep is already thinking of ways to one up Ford. The wrangler is no slouch and is Jeeps biggest money maker and we all stand to benefit with the new competition. Aside from Jeep, you also have Toyota who had a great run with the FJ. GM is so far behind it’s a joke they their touting the new hummer as being competitive. land rovers, well my pinky doesn’t extend out far enough to own one, a new one anyway. The Gladiator is a success I think, there is nothing like it on the market and for just the mix of off road and utility it’s a great piece of equipment. I just think they dropped the ball on the whole Wrangler twin but with a bed. Ford will do it better cus Ford does trucks. Don’t get me wrong, i will get a bronco, but I’m excited to see what comes of the future of adventure vehicles and the accessories we will have access to. Opinions?
Sponsored

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm guessing Jeep will look pretty hard at getting their mpg's and horsepower/torque up. The Bronco beats the wrangler in both these categories (except torque on the Jeep diesel engine, also assuming the Bronco mpg is similar to the Ranger.) The Gladiator is worst in class for efficiency; the Ranger owns it in efficiency and torque and only has 150 pounds less towing capability.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think Jeep needs to do a refresh of the wrangler. With the bronco looking to be a big hit. I think Jeep will need something big. And a hemi wrangler isn’t it.
like you said GM is not even close with off road vehicles. Just the zr2 Colorado.
That ienos or whatever is called is not going to sell. There’s going to be a lot of people who will say they want it but it’s not a going to be competition for anyone.
only other competition is Toyota. The can bring back the FJ. Or even update the 4Runner to have modern features. Lol. Didn’t they just get CarPlay last year?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a total anecdote but thought it was interesting. Insurance adjuster I talked with today is a big off-road guy, and they apparently get info before us. He asked if I had thought about a newer wrangler vs Bronco, I said I was dead set on the Bronco. He then confirmed that Jeep is indeed building the V8 wrangler, and that one of the specs he saw is 13.5” of ground clearance. I didn’t catch whether he said it was testing by the gov or vehicles that are actually provided to the insurance.

Big if true, but still taking with a grain of salt. He seemed to know his stuff though, he is a current Jeep owner and said Ford did a great job with the Bronco. ?‍♂ May be totally BSing me but interesting nonetheless.

Sponsored

EJHF150

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST / 20 Aviator / 20 Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Voted Jeep, as I'm pretty sure my 2020 Rubicon is going away for a 2023 Wildtrak, or whatever Raptor name / model they come up with by then. Hard to get rid of a vehicle with a bumper to bumper warranty... :)

OP
OP
Blackandbluebronco

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep has the Benchmark with the wrangler and just has to play catch up now to be at the bronco‘s level, “freshness” wise. I think they’re pretty even as far as capability. A retro style Jeep would kill. But Toyota is one of those ones that could come out of left field and knock both out. Imagine a Jeep or bronco with the reliability of a Toyota. The land cruiser is a beast with a price to match and they have been based in off road as long as Jeep has. But put out a retro style 2 door and 4 door FJ. They would probably get my money quick.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think Jeep needs to do a refresh of the wrangler. With the bronco looking to be a big hit. I think Jeep will need something big. And a hemi wrangler isn’t it.
like you said GM is not even close with off road vehicles. Just the zr2 Colorado.
That ienos or whatever is called is not going to sell. There’s going to be a lot of people who will say they want it but it’s not a going to be competition for anyone.
only other competition is Toyota. The can bring back the FJ. Or even update the 4Runner to have modern features. Lol. Didn’t they just get CarPlay last year?
Reportedly the next-gen Wrangler isn't coming until 2027.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reportedly the next-gen Wrangler isn't coming until 2027.
and i think that's way too far to be any competition for the bronco and to claw back sales. maybe it gives them time to see why people are buying bronco's and how to do it better. but they'll sacrifice sales doing so.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is expanding the off-road market to people who would have considered a Jeep if it were a little friendlier on the road. Jeep needs to respond by addressing that new part of the market, not the hardcore off-roaders who are loyal to Jeep anyway.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Jeep: They don’t have to rise. They are on top. Will they have to get off the couch? Sure, but they rule the roost until Broncos prove they have staying power.

Toyota: A 4Runner with a 2DR version and removable roof option (while keeping solid roof version too) would be a real threat. There are very few vehicles that are just printing money in today’s market and the 4Runner is one of them. The real question for Toyota is will they hit it with an ugly stick? Probably.

GM: I guess if the Chinese want one, they could give it a halfhearted attempt.

Land Rover: They screwed the pooch by throwing away the Defender. What they did would be the equivalent of Jeep turning the Wrangler into a baby Grand Cherokee. Great vehicle, but not the same.

Subaru: This market is not weird enough for them.

Other: Suzuki or Isuzu? Not likely. Nissan? Doubtful. Kia? They are very unpredictable. You never know.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a total anecdote but thought it was interesting. Insurance adjuster I talked with today is a big off-road guy, and they apparently get info before us. He asked if I had thought about a newer wrangler vs Bronco, I said I was dead set on the Bronco. He then confirmed that Jeep is indeed building the V8 wrangler, and that one of the specs he saw is 13.5” of ground clearance. I didn’t catch whether he said it was testing by the gov or vehicles that are actually provided to the insurance.

Big if true, but still taking with a grain of salt. He seemed to know his stuff though, he is a current Jeep owner and said Ford did a great job with the Bronco. ?‍♂ May be totally BSing me but interesting nonetheless.

It's also going to cost 75 grand LOL.

I think what's going to stick it in Jeep's eye is the Sasquatch on Base trim. Theoretically, you'll be able to get Rubicon capability for waaaaay under 40k in a 4 door Bronco. Base Rubicon Jeep 4 door is 43k.

Granted...They throw a lot of money on the hoods of Jeeps...But the MSRP is what makes the headlines.
Sponsored