Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The 2021 Bronco will not be making its public debut at the Detroit Auto Show NAIAS. The show was originally scheduled for the first week of June and would likely have been the venue at which the general public would first be able to see the new Ford Bronco.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...show-canceled-tcf-center-hospital/2934331001/

Detroit auto show canceled as TCF Center chosen for hospital in coronavirus fight

Published 6:34 p.m. ET March 28, 2020

The 2020 North American International Auto Show in Detroit has been canceled because the Federal Emergency Management Administration chose the TCF Center to become a field hospital for COVID-19 cases for at least six months.

The show, one of Southeast Michigan's signature events, will resume in June 2021, the organizers informed show sponsors Saturday.

"The health and welfare of the citizens of Detroit and Michigan is paramount. TCF Center is the ideal location for this important function at this critical and unprecedented time,ā€ NAIAS executive director Rod Alberts said in a statement.

Auto show officials declined to comment on the memo, which the Free Press obtained.
Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe this will push up an "online full unveiling" sometime in late April/May if Detroit show was the Plan B reveal. I can't see Bronco debut being later than June.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2021 Bronco will not be making its public debut at the Detroit Auto Show NAIAS. The show was originally scheduled for the first week of June and would likely have been the venue at which the general public would first be able to see the new Ford Bronco.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...show-canceled-tcf-center-hospital/2934331001/

Detroit auto show canceled as TCF Center chosen for hospital in coronavirus fight

Published 6:34 p.m. ET March 28, 2020

The 2020 North American International Auto Show in Detroit has been canceled because the Federal Emergency Management Administration chose the TCF Center to become a field hospital for COVID-19 cases for at least six months.

The show, one of Southeast Michigan's signature events, will resume in June 2021, the organizers informed show sponsors Saturday.

"The health and welfare of the citizens of Detroit and Michigan is paramount. TCF Center is the ideal location for this important function at this critical and unprecedented time,ā€ NAIAS executive director Rod Alberts said in a statement.

Auto show officials declined to comment on the memo, which the Free Press obtained.
That means the next Autoshow isnā€™t until November? At that point most of the 2021 modes will be ON SALE.
Only 1 of 2 things will happen.

1 Ford does a video unveiling some point in late April early May. ORRR

2 because assembly facility are off line or making PPE and medical equipment. The bronco and bronco Sport get delayed 6 months. (Meaning a April dealer availability for the Sport and June release for Bronco). And the unveiling doesnā€™t happen till November.

no other way about it.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That means the next Autoshow isnā€™t until November? At that point most of the 2021 modes will be ON SALE.
Only 1 of 2 things will happen.

1 Ford does a video unveiling some point in late April early May. ORRR

2 because assembly facility are off line or making PPE and medical equipment. The bronco and bronco Sport get delayed 6 months. (Meaning a April dealer availability for the Sport and June release for Bronco). And the unveiling doesnā€™t happen till November.

no other way about it.
This may not age well, but the NYIAS at the Javits center was rescheduled to late August.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
This may not age well, but the NYIAS at the Javits center was rescheduled to late August.
still point still stands. So 4 months not 6 months. I canā€™t see ford unveiling a car just to have it go on sale 2 months later.

Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
still point still stands. So 4 months not 6 months. I canā€™t see ford unveiling a car just to have it go on sale 2 months later.
Never was it the case, that the unveil was to take place in June at the NAIAS. The Bronco was going to be reviled at the now cancelled event in March and the NAIAS was going to be its first Auto Show appearance. That being said, we can only deduct that it more than likely be unveiled at a later date after this covid business takes a powder.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never was it the case, that the unveil was to take place in June at the NAIAS. The Bronco was going to be reviled at the now cancelled event in March and the NAIAS was going to be its first Auto Show appearance. That being said, we can only deduct that it more than likely be unveiled at a later date after this covid business takes a powder.
thats what I believe too.

Stand alone event for both the Bronco and Sport shortly after Covid19 is over.

then bronco and sport will be shown off at events. Like concerts or benefits etc.

but I believe production has been pushed back due to Covid. Meaning dealers Taking delivery later. Likely January for BroncoSport. And April for Bronco.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thats what I believe too.

Stand alone event for both the Bronco and Sport shortly after Covid19 is over.

then bronco and sport will be shown off at events. Like concerts or benefits etc.

but I believe production has been pushed back due to Covid. Meaning dealers Taking delivery later. Likely January for BroncoSport. And April for Bronco.
I hope not, for the sake of our sanity.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Letā€™s not start with the whole pandemic stuff please. Thereā€™s other threads for those discussions. Thanks.
not here for that. Just wondering whatā€™s every ones timeline.
1 Reveal. (July)
2 In person shows (August)
3 Dealership arrival (January/ April)

thatā€™s my timeline

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Itā€™s kinda ironic that they moved the Detroit show from January to June to help increase attendance and coverage. If only they had waited another year. :(

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I canā€™t see it happening. Too soon. Detroit is getting hit hard right now. gonna Be more than 30 days from now I would think. I mean Detroit was 70 days from now.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most people have probably forgotten the Bronco with all that's going on, so it's probably in Ford's best interest to wait several months so that the unveiling is closer to the now further delayed production and we don't have an NSX situation where the reveal and the release were so far apart that all the hype had died by the time they were finally in dealer showrooms.
Sponsored