North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the “bronco blue balls discussion” needs to have its own thread.
Lets not forget our lady friends amongst the forum members and hopefully more new future Bronco owners that are anxiously awaiting the Bronco as well.

I have a niece who's Jeep Wrangeler would put a lot of guys Jeeps to shame.
Sponsored

EddieG’s

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Right! Release it on ZOOM.... we need to see the New Bronco ASAP!!!
Would be great to go over all the features & options now when we have sooooo much time on our hands...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@ChrispyKC Ford employee only release without reporters? Everyone is so strict about groups, so I'm guessing only a spokesperson type release with no crowd, no spectators. Any additional things to comment?
At some point they are not going to have a choice.

Of course “marketing” people at Ford may be like the ones at my company: their only frame of mind may be show schedules and events. Jeep on the other hand has an established network of internet influencers, not to mention an established base of customers who understand designed use and modularity. I am guessing ford has this for Mustang etc., so somebody in marketing at the company gets how (though maybe not product usage / culture or target audience).

Perhaps the marketing folks need to get together remotely and spin up an Internet only approach. At some point they will probably need to get some prototypes out to influencers as well. (Porsche did this with Taycan pretty effectively.)

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Technically that thread is for all the jeep fans who were whining about the bronco not being a jeep.
The one where I (a current Jeep person) argued it isn’t a Jeep it is a retro-EB?

Go to SFA vs IFS and Lack of Sway Bar Disconnect for real Jeeper discontent.

Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At some point they are not going to have a choice.

Of course “marketing” people at Ford may be like the ones at my company: their only frame of mind may be show schedules and events. Jeep on the other hand has an established network of internet influencers, not to mention an established base of customers who understand designed use and modularity. I am guessing ford has this for Mustang etc., so somebody in marketing at the company gets how (though maybe not product usage / culture or target audience).

Perhaps the marketing folks need to get together remotely and spin up an Internet only approach. At some point they will probably need to get some prototypes out to influencers as well. (Porsche did this with Taycan pretty effectively.)
100% about influencers. That should be every company's primary marketing strategy in this era.... Ford needs to get with the program. In fact its such a critical part of success nowadays, it's actually a deciding buying factor for me. It will spell success or bore IMO. Ford needs to get Broncos into the hands of the guys and gals who go offroad everyday and show their trips on youtube. Both Jeep and 4runner are EXTREMELY popular in these circles and its vital that Ford take a bite out of the scene also. I seriously hope Ford exec's at least KNOW about how good their competition looks on Youtube...Each of these examples usually has HUNDREDS of thousands of viewers per video, sometimes millions. Whereas if you look at "Ford overland" you barely ever brake 50k viewers, and there's only a few videos, and they are dull and boring fact-based videos, not real exploration.

Just a FEW examples yall might enjoy watching during the downtime. Literally search Youtube for overlanding and you'll see the massive use of influencers.

Lite Brite on youtube. Fun and exciting adventure couple who push the boundaries with their offroad crawling vehicles (mainly this Jeep shown)

Ford Bronco Bronco will not make public debut at Detroit Auto Show which has now been cancelled 1585507946607

TrailRecon on youtube. A really down to earth, nice show about a group of friends that overlands in a group and cooks for eachother awesome meals in beautiful scenery.

Ford Bronco Bronco will not make public debut at Detroit Auto Show which has now been cancelled 1585508110178

Lifestyle Overland on youtube. A family of 3, with their little girl. They literally live out of their 4runner, exploring the world, getting paid for filming and editing it all into a show:

Ford Bronco Bronco will not make public debut at Detroit Auto Show which has now been cancelled 1585508417205

Ford Bronco Bronco will not make public debut at Detroit Auto Show which has now been cancelled 1585508423608

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco will not make public debut at Detroit Auto Show which has now been cancelled ...
Well duh. If the show isn't happening it won't be seen there. o_O

Guess what, it isn't happening at NYIAS either, because that's apparently ground zero for cooties in the US.

I'm still expecting an online reveal of some sort in the next few weeks, just like I was before.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes and J
100% about influencers. That should be every company's primary marketing strategy in this era.... Ford needs to get with the program.
Yep and Wayalife, JK Gear and Gadgets, AutoEdits ... Several of whom had JLs or Gladiators pretty early on.

There must be something like this for the Mustang?

Enessy

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Tremor, Infiniti S Sedan, KTM 1290R, CB750
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
thats what I believe too.

Stand alone event for both the Bronco and Sport shortly after Covid19 is over.

then bronco and sport will be shown off at events. Like concerts or benefits etc.

but I believe production has been pushed back due to Covid. Meaning dealers Taking delivery later. Likely January for BroncoSport. And April for Bronco.
Covid won’t be “over” this year. And no they don’t need to unveil anything anytime soon because they won’t be delivering vehicles when the plants are shut down anyway. This is literally day by day, and considering the infected numbers in the US and the fact that Trump seems to want to reopen America by Easter, the numbers are gonna surge....Don’t expect any semblance of normalcy for months to come.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100% about influencers. That should be every company's primary marketing strategy in this era.... Ford needs to get with the program. In fact its such a critical part of success nowadays, it's actually a deciding buying factor for me. It will spell success or bore IMO. Ford needs to get Broncos into the hands of the guys and gals who go offroad everyday and show their trips on youtube. Both Jeep and 4runner are EXTREMELY popular in these circles and its vital that Ford take a bite out of the scene also. I seriously hope Ford exec's at least KNOW about how good their competition looks on Youtube...Each of these examples usually has HUNDREDS of thousands of viewers per video, sometimes millions. Whereas if you look at "Ford overland" you barely ever brake 50k viewers, and there's only a few videos, and they are dull and boring fact-based videos, not real exploration.

Just a FEW examples yall might enjoy watching during the downtime. Literally search Youtube for overlanding and you'll see the massive use of influencers.

Lite Brite on youtube. Fun and exciting adventure couple who push the boundaries with their offroad crawling vehicles (mainly this Jeep shown)

Ford Bronco Bronco will not make public debut at Detroit Auto Show which has now been cancelled 1585508423608

TrailRecon on youtube. A really down to earth, nice show about a group of friends that overlands in a group and cooks for eachother awesome meals in beautiful scenery.

Lifestyle Overland on youtube. A family of 3, with their little girl. They literally live out of their 4runner, exploring the world, getting paid for filming and editing it all into a show:

While I've been waiting on the Bronco I've been watching hours upon hours upon HOURS of the TrailRecon channel. So fun to watch, and is really giving me the itch. The endless Bronco delays are killing me, as they are all of us, and as well as they are Ford. If we don't hear anything soonish as far as an online reveal, I'm afraid I'm gonna crack and go Jeep. My Ford lease is up in Sept I think and a decision must be made. I agree, Ford needs to get some Broncos in the hands of influencers.

Sponsored

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well duh. If the show isn't happening it won't be seen there. o_O

Guess what, it isn't happening at NYIAS either, because that's apparently ground zero for cooties in the US.

I'm still expecting an online reveal of some sort in the next few weeks, just like I was before.
NYIAS is held at the Javits Center in Manhattan which is currently being transformed into a 1000 bed hospital by NYS and FEMA. And yes we have another ground zero situation. I know we are not supposed to talk about it here, but this shit is serious. Believe the hype.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Covid won’t be “over” this year. And no they don’t need to unveil anything anytime soon because they won’t be delivering vehicles when the plants are shut down anyway. This is literally day by day, and considering the infected numbers in the US and the fact that Trump seems to want to reopen America by Easter, the numbers are gonna surge....Don’t expect any semblance of normalcy for months to come.
the way I see it. 3 weeks post assembly production restart the reveal. When ever it may be. Then 6 months after that for Bronco sport in dealers. Close to 9 for FSB.

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The whole thing is just a damn mess, a huge rock wall came out of nowhere, that even a Wrangler can't cross (/sic). SMFH.

If we had revealed this at an unchanged North American International Auto Show& earlier launch timetable, possibly would have had to deal with evaporated interest and poor early sales.

As if the September 2020 launch window had even sufficed, you still wouldn't see it until winter NAIAS '20 or a standalone event.

Hackett does not like mega early reveals as had happened in the past with 2012 Focus, 2017 Raptor and 2017 GT. You still wouldn't have seen much in 2019.

Heck even back in the 90s, Ford's big minivan was delayed significantly and barely even went public, a meager 2 months in January 1994 at NAIAS before March '94 launch as the '95 Windstar. That project was almost final as of December 1989 and camoed testing by early 1991 via magazine & Motorweek reports. 3 years of spy shots, revealed 3 weeks before Job 1 and customer deliveries in March.

That was the case because of pre mass Internet.

A Windstar ain't no Bronco, but some people definitely wanted a Ford van in the early 90s over a Chrysler to complement their FSB/Explorer/Fox Body and didn't care for Toyota's quirky Previa nor small Villager/Quest.

Both that and the.4-door Bronco (Expedition), were extremely anticipated.

Anyway, the only way to have escaped this would have been outright launching the Bronco in 2019, which would've produced entirely different results than this halo vehicle. You would've seen plain disappointment in the product versus surrounding factors.

I don't know about how customers are going to react interest wise outside of enthusiasts, if this drags on longer and hurts more lives.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base