DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NYIAS is held at the Javits Center in Manhattan which is currently being transformed into a 1000 bed hospital by NYS and FEMA. And yes we have another ground zero situation. I know we are not supposed to talk about it here, but this shit is serious. Believe the hype.
I think its 3000 beds, but it looks like the show is rescheduled to August 28th. We shall see.
Sponsored

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think its 3000 beds, but it looks like the show is rescheduled to August 28th. We shall see.
You are correct sir. The original reporting I read said 1,000 beds. They are expanding capacity to nearly 3,000 because it will be needed.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is is cancelled or canceled? I see It both ways. I always thought it was two “L”s but Alexia says one. Does it matter, you might ask? I guess not.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is is cancelled or canceled? I see It both ways. I always thought it was two “L”s but Alexia says one. Does it matter, you might ask? I guess not.
2 “LLs” English U.K.
1 “L” English USA

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The whole thing is just a damn mess, a huge rock wall came out of nowhere, that even a Wrangler can't cross (/sic). SMFH.
It does seem Jeep Wrangler is finding a way to articulate over that rock wall.
A population stuck inside may be getting more interested in Jeeps
Heck even back in the 90s, Ford's big minivan was delayed significantly and barely even went public, a meager 2 months in January 1994 at NAIAS before March '94 launch as the '95 Windstar.
A Windstar ain't no Bronco, but some people definitely wanted a Ford van in the early 90s over a Chrysler to complement their FSB/Explorer/Fox Body and didn't care for Toyota's quirky Previa nor small Villager/Quest.
Yes, I was one of those who highly anticipated my Windstar test drive but the Chevy Astrovan won out on room and price.
I don't know about how customers are going to react interest wise outside of enthusiasts, if this drags on longer and hurts more lives.
While you may not know, it is the responsibility of those in Ford Marketing to know and understand their market. If Ford Marketing has not already done their Product Marketing Tests, then what basis are they using to think they can sell 200,000 units? Clearly these Product Marketing Tests should have already delineated expected demand from both the enthusiasts and the general public. Sure the CV mess has thrown everyone a curve, but now is the time for Ford Marketing and Ford Management to show what they are made of and figure out a path forward. You can bet the Wall Street analysis are watching this closely in their marketing guidance for Ford.

Ford Becomes Largest Fallen Angel After S&P’s Cut to Junk
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-cut-fitch-concern-long-221915583.html

Risk management is not about sticking your head in the sand or throwing your arms up in exasperation, it is about analyzing the situation, define the Best Case, Worst Case and Most Likely Case, and move forward, absolutely adjustments will be made to the plan as circumstances dictate. Now is the time for Ford to show their marketing prowess, keeping their four customers fully engaged, Wall Street, Media, Enthusiasts and the General Public, what path will they choose?

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it is the responsibility of those in Ford Marketing to know and understand their market.
Can't make valid assessments (sales projections) until a CV end point is more evident. But pretty safe to toss that 200,000 unit number out the window. And remember that Ford stock was tanking before CV; even with the 200,000 unit revenue dollars in their forecast, investors were taking a pass.

I'd bet Ford's post-CV world includes some type of financial reorganization. That will add external financial and probably judicial voices to any conversation on future direction. Doesn't in and of itself mean Bronco lives or dies, but adds complexity and time to strategic decisions. Cross your fingers.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Worst case is Great Depression II, and we’re all going to need desert runners and / or rock crawlers to get ourselves away from psycho Mad Max scenarios

This is why the increased interest in Jeeps (you can drive around roadblocks to escape the sickos).

So Ford needs to bring it!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It does seem Jeep Wrangler is finding a way to articulate over that rock wall.
A population stuck inside may be getting more interested in Jeeps

Yes, I was one of those who highly anticipated my Windstar test drive but the Chevy Astrovan won out on room and price.

While you may not know, it is the responsibility of those in Ford Marketing to know and understand their market. If Ford Marketing has not already done their Product Marketing Tests, then what basis are they using to think they can sell 200,000 units? Clearly these Product Marketing Tests should have already delineated expected demand from both the enthusiasts and the general public. Sure the CV mess has thrown everyone a curve, but now is the time for Ford Marketing and Ford Management to show what they are made of and figure out a path forward. You can bet the Wall Street analysis are watching this closely in their marketing guidance for Ford.

Ford Becomes Largest Fallen Angel After S&P’s Cut to Junk
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-cut-fitch-concern-long-221915583.html

Risk management is not about sticking your head in the sand or throwing your arms up in exasperation, it is about analyzing the situation, define the Best Case, Worst Case and Most Likely Case, and move forward, absolutely adjustments will be made to the plan as circumstances dictate. Now is the time for Ford to show their marketing prowess, keeping their four customers fully engaged, Wall Street, Media, Enthusiasts and the General Public, what path will they choose?
I believe they are going to wait until there is a clear light at the end of the tunnel. As of right now estimates are everywhere from all clear by mid April to Threw the end of the year. So it would be foolish for ford to reveal anything right now if they won’t be able to sell it or even show it in person for another year or more. (See NSX).

I believe most automakers are busy helping the fight (making ppe) in order to get this market back on track. Once that happens expect a huge advertisement slam from EVERYONE.

I see it now. “We made it America, we rallied together to beat this. And we will come out stronger....... speaking of stronger NEW BRONCO!” That will kick start ford sales and stocks in a hurry. Expectations will definitely be lower than originally anticipated but I think that’s the best plan.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

bigdedition

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 1985 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you know the PPE venture is just an excuse so they can keep manufacturing going in the back ground.

MarsChariot

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1976 Bronco, 1979 Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Remember back in the old days when we referred to this as the "2020" Bronco?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Remember back in the old days when we referred to this as the "2020" Bronco?
But it never was a 2020 bronco EVER. When the UAW contract was release they stated “Production to start in 2020” which to me always meant 2021MY. But odds are that’s going to become early 2021 production. Either way just means a late 2021 model.
Sponsored