Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We must be looking at different you tube channels! :->

And yeah, not having a vehicle to give them yet is problematic.

But yeah, I was hyped, and now I am not...

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

for the record … it says coming, not on the lot in 2020 … coming in 2020 ….. the reveal, the start of production. It does NOT say model year 2020 !!!

not trying to pick a fight with you Recon I just don't get disconnect with some people in this forum sometimes. Maybe I take it for granted because I'm a gearhead and have been all about cars since I've been 12, in the auto parts business for 20 years, so I learned early on anything with a production date after the 6th month of any year will always be the following year production …..

4/15 production date is 15 model year

7/15 production date is 16 model year

so if production starts in Dec. to me this means 21 MY !!!!!!! IT'S A NO BRAINER !!!!! doesn't take a lot of thought and doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out but unfortunately people see 2020 and right away it's a 2020 !!!!! …… and don't bother to absorb what it is the are reading.

It's like a joke I get a lot of people with ......… it won't work good typing it but I'll try

First make them spell FOLK.

Then ask them what the white part of the egg is ?????

9 times out of 10 one will spit the answer out right away because they don't think about it first ........

YOLK !!!!!! and that is WRONG it's called the white of the egg. The yolk is the yellow part.;)

so therefore when people see coming in 2020 then right away it's a 2020 model year !!!!!
but that is not what it says.

sorry to anyone I offend but I had to get that off my chest........ it's like the selling under invoice thing if that is true the dealerships would not have money to keep the doors open and the lights on, they make it up somewhere else. don't believe the hype a one rap group used to sing. :)

edit: if a person doesn't know how to find a production date, it is on the driver's side door jam with the VIN it says DATE of MFG. This is the month/year of the vehicle not by what the salesman told you it was. It's generally more of a problem in used car sales. It also matters when you buy parts because if you guess or are told the wrong year and it falls between a changeover year, you will get the wrong parts. ;)

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
for the record … it says coming, not on the lot in 2020 … coming in 2020 ….. the reveal, the start of production. It does NOT say model year 2020 !!!

not trying to pick a fight with you Recon I just don't get disconnect with some people in this forum sometimes. Maybe I take it for granted because I'm a gearhead and have been all about cars since I've been 12, in the auto parts business for 20 years, so I learned early on anything with a production date after the 6th month of any year will always be the following year production …..

4/15 is 15 MY

7/15 is 16 MY

so if production starts in Dec. to me this means 21 MY !!!!!!! IT'S A NO BRAINER !!!!! doesn't take a lot of thought and doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out but unfortunately people see 2020 and right away it's a 2020 !!!!! …… and don't bother to absorb what it is the are reading.

It's like a joke I get a lot of people with ......… it won't work good typing it but I'll try

First make them spell FOLK.

Then ask them what the white part of the egg is ?????

9 times out of 10 one will spit the answer out right away because they don't think about it first ........

YOLK !!!!!! and that is WRONG it's called the white of the egg. The yolk is the yellow part.;)

so therefore when people see coming in 2020 then right away it's a 2020 !!!!!

sorry to anyone I offend but I had to get that off my chest........ it's like the selling under invoice thing if that is true the dealerships would not have money to keep the doors open and the lights on, they make it up somewhere else. don't believe the hype a one rap group used to sing. :)
Anyone that was confused before probably has their head spinning off of their neck after reading this.

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, that was probably not Ford's smartest move.

What I suspect that they meant was "We'll reveal it in 2020, and there might be a couple available for purchase at the very, very, no, seriously, very end of 2020.
Yep, the optimist in me was hoping it meant MY2020 and it'd be in dealers by the end of 2019, I still think it was pretty disingenuous of Ford to attach 2020 to it when production was to start a few days before 2021, though I can't really blame them for trying to save face given that the development for this thing has been a nonstop series of disasters.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

……………... I still think it was pretty disingenuous of Ford to attach 2020 to it when production was to start a few days before 2021, though I can't really blame them for trying to save face given that the development for this thing has been a nonstop series of disasters.

I agree 100 %. I have always hated the way someone has to "read between the lines" on everything.
I gotta' admit my first thought was cool 2020 BUT instead of thinking that was the case I investigated before I got my hopes up, not to mention I got wound up in the mid 00's when the first prototype came out, so when the news resurfaced this time I was very slow at believing what I saw.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, the optimist in me was hoping it meant MY2020 and it'd be in dealers by the end of 2019, I still think it was pretty disingenuous of Ford to attach 2020 to it when production was to start a few days before 2021, though I can't really blame them for trying to save face given that the development for this thing has been a nonstop series of disasters.
They probably just got it wrong and shifted the timetable.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
the initial report stated production to start In 2020. In my mind that always meant a 2021 model available Q4 of 2020. The “coming 2020” reaffirmed that. Now it got delayed a few month to December. But now who knows.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

The Rock seems like a great guy, can’t wait to see him be a brand ambassador for Bronco. Super active on social media too, which is great for Ferd.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Rock seems like a great guy, can’t wait to see him be a brand ambassador for Bronco. Super active on social media too, which is great for Ferd.
Wait, is he going to be a brand ambassador for the Bronco? Because that would be pretty rad. Also it would pretty much guarantee that my wife will want a Bronco. Only surer way would be to use John Cena.

MarsChariot

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1976 Bronco, 1979 Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But it never was a 2020 bronco EVER. When the UAW contract was release they stated “Production to start in 2020” which to me always meant 2021MY. But odds are that’s going to become early 2021 production. Either way just means a late 2021 model.
Hmmm. Methinks thou dost protest too much. We poor slobs in the trenches heard "2020" and not knowing about production schedules and such, thought we were talking about 2020.
But no matter, What will be interesting is how the introduction takes place in the light of all the absence of the important media shows. It certainly will be an opportunity for Ford to introduce its own event.
Sponsored