First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Bronco arrived at my dealer over a week ago but they are not allowing it to be released do to the windshield recall. Has anyone had the recall completed on their Bronco? And why does it take so long to have the window reinstalled. My dealer only advised that they are working hard to get the recall completed
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doubt they will do this, but ask them if they have a mannequin Bronco in stock for demos that doesn‘t have the recall and if you can swap it

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had it done. I was supposed to take delivery on 7/13, they called me very last minute (1 hr before my delivery appoinment) and said they could not deliver it due to the recall. Pushed it back to 7/20 to allow time to complete the repair. My dealer was horrible, disorganized and generally clueless, but still got it done in a week, and my guess is that Bronco glass was the limiting factor here. To my knowledge this would require OEM glass. No substitutes allowed, so there is only one source, and as with all things now, things just take longer than they used to for oh so many reasons.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The windshield does not get replaced, just removed and then resealed.
correct answer and cheapest solution to resolve. pull window off, new seal, put back on.

time is because nobody cares now, it's a sellers world until they fight for business again..

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a new windshield, just new adhesive. No way I'm taking it to a dealer for this. If the windshield falls out during an mva, that's the least of my worries. Seatbelts are there for a reason.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a new windshield, just new adhesive. No way I'm taking it to a dealer for this. If the windshield falls out during an mva, that's the least of my worries. Seatbelts are there for a reason.
windshields don't have seatbelts, i like windshields.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

windshields don't have seatbelts, i like windshields.
Seat belts keep you away from the windshield. Heck the 66-early 69 broncos even had a hood latch so you could drive around with the windshield down lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Craig2904

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer has a small repair shop so they are trying to locate someone to do the recall.

kfumble

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My vehicle came in and they said they needed to check for recalls, and my vehicle was included in the recall so they arent alllowed to release the vehicle to me as well.

They first said 2-6 days for the recall fix, but then said when they went to order the windshield, the stock then showed zero, so they need to wait 21-30 days for new windshields to come in.

Apparently they say they need a windshield because 9 out 10 times the windshield will break when they remove it, and it will be all Ford's cost so they would rather have a backup windshield ready to just replace it then

Has anyone heard similar? (Im based in Edmonton Canada btw)

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should give you your car, the recall specifically says that's it "safe" to drive. I got my notice yesterday, no way in hell I'm bringing it in any time soon.

I understand them wanting to have a windshield "just in case" but they should order it and let you know when it's in and then bring the car to them.

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My vehicle came in and they said they needed to check for recalls, and my vehicle was included in the recall so they arent alllowed to release the vehicle to me as well.

They first said 2-6 days for the recall fix, but then said when they went to order the windshield, the stock then showed zero, so they need to wait 21-30 days for new windshields to come in.

Apparently they say they need a windshield because 9 out 10 times the windshield will break when they remove it, and it will be all Ford's cost so they would rather have a backup windshield ready to just replace it then

Has anyone heard similar? (Im based in Edmonton Canada btw)
I flat out told my dealer I did not want to address the recall until they have a backup windshield on site for this very reason.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I called my dealership and they said when I bring it in that it could take a week to get it done but that they would give me a loaner. But if they break it when they remove it, it could be a month or more to get it replaced! I made an appointment, but I've decided to hell with that, I'll take the chance of it popping out in an accident! Gonna cancel tomorrow.
Sponsored