Sponsored

Bronco Won’t Start - UPDATE - Intermittent Starting Issues & All Systems in Fault

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Its usually the fuse block bolts. Also check the obvious, battery connections, all fuses fully seated, ground lugs etc. but it’s usually these.

154BA824-387A-49EE-A0CB-725ED249361B.jpeg
9C5F0948-CB6D-4A7A-AB4C-3E7495969CC7.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
zgoods

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess I forgot to come back an update the thread 😬 I went to Suburban Ford of Ferndale, MI if your dealers needs to reach out.

This is directly from the repair sheet: ACCESSED ALL MODULES ON FD1 NETWORK TO REMOVE TO TEST SHORTED NETWORK. ACCESSED DASH PANEL AND TRIM PANELS IN SEVERAL LOCATIONS TO TRACE HARNESS #14401 AND #14A005. FOUND WATER DROPLETS ON TRIM AT DRIVER SIDE KICK PANELS AT A PILLAR. ACCESSED C#200 IN DRIVERS FRONT LOWER KICK AREA. BLEW OUT CONNECTOR AND CHECKED MALE AND FEMALE PINS. CHECKED FD1 NETWORK CIRCUITS PINS 4 AND 17 AT GWM C#32431A CIRCUITS #VDB49 AND #VDB50 APPLIED ELECTRICAL GREASE IN CONNECTOR #200. SPRAYED LEAK CHECK SEAL IN AND ALONG DRIVERS SIDE METAL TO METAL SEAMS AT A PILLAR. RE-ASSEMBLED AND TESTED. CLEARED CODES AND VEH NOW STARTS

OP
OP
zgoods

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hahah! Not surprised base on how many things I had to inform my sales rep about.

OP
OP
zgoods

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should call him out! “Don’t ask me to do your job and then not take the suggested advice”
Timothy bayer 236736
Tag 3337

GenXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the advice! Luckily I didn't need to use the electrical tape! Did the battery disconnect, let it sit for 20 and she started right up. It did show a few warning messages about 4x4 and getting service but they went away after a few minutes and did not reappear after restarting.

I am still gonna take it in for service, I wonder if it has anything to do with a recent update?
Ford Bronco Bronco Won’t Start - UPDATE - Intermittent Starting Issues & All Systems in Fault 9C5F0948-CB6D-4A7A-AB4C-3E7495969CC7
I have had this starting issue happens to me. ‘22 Black Diamond 2 door 4cyl.- 1300 miles Got to my farm gate, engine auto shut off…opened gate, got back in & the engine won’t start. Key fob is in the vehicle. Foot is on the brake, it is on park but engine won’t start and all the gauges/power accessories are on. This happened a couple times on my ‘21 black Diamond 4cyl 4 door ( yes I have 2) but it was fixable by pushing the off button I think. 11,000 miles on the 4 door now and have not had this issue in at leastn5,000 miles. It has been in for one oil change/service.

This is such bullshit. I’m letting then’22 ( She-Hulk ) sit right now and will go out to see if it has reset itself soon. If not, I’ll disconnect the battery and reset that way.

Sponsored

GenXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had this starting issue happens to me. ‘22 Black Diamond 2 door 4cyl.- 1300 miles Got to my farm gate, engine auto shut off…opened gate, got back in & the engine won’t start. Key fob is in the vehicle. Foot is on the brake, it is on park but engine won’t start and all the gauges/power accessories are on. This happened a couple times on my ‘21 black Diamond 4cyl 4 door ( yes I have 2) but it was fixable by pushing the off button I think. 11,000 miles on the 4 door now and have not had this issue in at leastn5,000 miles. It has been in for one oil change/service.

This is such bullshit. I’m letting then’22 ( She-Hulk ) sit right now and will go out to see if it has reset itself soon. If not, I’ll disconnect the battery and reset that way.
Update: I went back out to check it and all the power/lights had turned off on their own. It started up like normal. I will be running it with auto stop/start off for a few weeks, starting now

Bunky67

Outer Banks
First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Outerbanks w/Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine randomly throws all codes & makes noises when I've sat in it (turned off) for a little while somewhere. When I start it, it makes all kinds of noises & goes thru brake system failure, hill assist failure & other things, telling me to schedule service. Every time it has somehow turned the emergency brake on. Today I parked it & was in the house for hours. Went to move it & got all the noises & it said my emergency brake failure or fault. I didn't even have it on. Of course I didn't have my phone with me so I couldn't snap a picture. The message was gone by the time I got my phone & went back.

Ulchy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevy Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My baby was sitting while I was gone over the weekend, went to start her up today and this happened. Dealer said try jumping it but with all the lights and accessories coming on I don’t think its a dead battery, tried anyways but the tow guy said I need to take it in. Less than 1200 miles.

**UPDATE - Now 10.25.21 After I did the battery disconnect she started right up, went back two hours later to leave and it didn't start, again throwing all the codes. Called the tow truck, when they showed up an hour later, it started right up. Dealer had it for three days, all they could do is re-seat all the electrical connections and told me it was ready on Friday. I couldn't get it until Sunday, started no problem and got no more than 200 feet down the road and bam, all systems in fault again. It is now Monday afternoon, they have had the car all day and haven't been able to get it to to fault again, what a mess! They are going to keep it for the week, drive it everyday to see if it happens again. Starting to think I might have a lemon on my hands.
My baby was sitting while I was gone over the weekend, went to start her up today and this happened. Dealer said try jumping it but with all the lights and accessories coming on I don’t think its a dead battery, tried anyways but the tow guy said I need to take it in. Less than 1200 miles.

**UPDATE - Now 10.25.21 After I did the battery disconnect she started right up, went back two hours later to leave and it didn't start, again throwing all the codes. Called the tow truck, when they showed up an hour later, it started right up. Dealer had it for three days, all they could do is re-seat all the electrical connections and told me it was ready on Friday. I couldn't get it until Sunday, started no problem and got no more than 200 feet down the road and bam, all systems in fault again. It is now Monday afternoon, they have had the car all day and haven't been able to get it to to fault again, what a mess! They are going to keep it for the week, drive it everyday to see if it happens again. Starting to think I might have a lemon on my hands.

Did they ever find the problem? I have the same issue.

Heca10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they ever find the problem? I have the same issue.
Just have the same issue. After using it a little on a dirt road, it lost power and I got to a sidewalk and it stalled it flashed the check engine and went off. I tried starting it again it would just crank but no start.
Sponsored