Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

A lot of the members her have been asking about performance mods and the ability to tune the new Bronco. There hasn't been much talk about it because of how difficult the 2021 Bronco as well as the new 2021 F150 are to tune. Most well known tuners in our industry simply do not have the tools needed to do this. However since Whipple is so deeply rooted in the Ford market and has some really good connections they've made it happen.

Their high flow air filter will be a direct replacement for all 2.3L/2.7L Broncos. We'll be filming the install as well as a driving review of and hope to get the Bronco on the dyno to show what it makes before/after the filter swap.

The Tomahawk Flash Device: This is the device that Whipple uses to flash your Bronco with a 50 state legal calibration. It's very easy to use. All you do once you receive it is plug it into the OBDII port, pull the factory file using the prompts on the screen and then send it off to Whipple. From that Whipple will build your calibration and email it back to you where you can then load it back onto the Tomahawk device and flash your Bronco with their calibration. The Tomahawk device also has the ability to datalog, read / clear DTC trouble codes as well as calibrate for different tires sizes and axle ratios.

I don't know the estimated HP/TQ gains at the moment however we will indeed be doing a back to back dyno from the stock calibration to the Whipple one to show everyone what it's worth. Besides HP/TQ gains you can expect much better and quicker throttle response as well as better shifting. Any of the vehicles I've owned that run Whipples calibrations run just as good as stock and still have all of the factory safety features that the stock calibration has.

As we edit the video I just filmed on this stuff I'd love to hear your guys thoughts so please feel free to reply with any questions you may have. I'll do the best to answer them for everyone.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Bronco6G Exclusive First Look: Whipple Superchargers Tomahawk Flash Device and High Flow Air Filter IMG_8383
Sponsored

Last edited:

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow ok.
I thought I’d only see ford performance tune but yea hell yea.
Only concern is back to stock in case California smog says you can’t run a tune.
How easy is it to flash back to stock?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I presume this is the same as all others you have to unlock and flash our ECU’s effectively voiding the warranty? Just asking for clarification.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guessing it's like my Superchip Flashpaq on my Jeep, it stores the factory tune and I reload it before I take it into the dealer for service.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the transmission with the 2.7 can't handle much more torque a tune push it to high. 5 Star talked about that. Unless your increasing HP with small torque increases.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

🍿
Subscribed & awaiting HP & Tq details

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
it mentions shift calibration, would this step on any of the drivemodes?

Is it surprising that an aftermarket tuner could do a better calibration than the OEM? No experience with these things though.

Deleted member 12876

I thought the transmission with the 2.7 can't handle much more torque a tune push it to high. 5 Star talked about that. Unless your increasing HP with small torque increases.
I wonder if the BroncoDR will 10R80 to accommodate more torque. Because your speculation is exactly correct the 10R60 can’t handle much more torque

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
By chance do you have a link for that? I will do a tune to help increase my drivetrain performance in the future depending on the Warranty impact. Might have to first do the Ford Performance Tune so there is a warranty.
Sponsored