Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would we be able to assign the tune to one of the modes? For example, the sport mode? Then the other modes can be left unchanged
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow ok.
I thought I’d only see ford performance tune but yea hell yea.
Only concern is back to stock in case California smog says you can’t run a tune.
How easy is it to flash back to stock?
Great question. So the Tomahawk device doesn’t save the stock file on it when you flash the truck with the Whipple cal. However at any point if you wanted to flash the truck back to stock you can request a stock calibration from Whipple which can either be emailed to your or….. flashed over the air through the cloud. (crazy right!!)

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great to have tune options.

I'm concerned about high-flow air filters in an off-road vehicle. I've read from some folks on the forum who've been wheeling out in the dirt/dust and remarked how dirty their filter was and even brought up the idea of some type of pre-filter setup.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I presume this is the same as all others you have to unlock and flash our ECU’s effectively voiding the warranty? Just asking for clarification.
Flashing your vehicle doesn’t automatically void your warranty. There’s laws that protect consumers from this type of stuff (Magnuson Moss Act)

With that said all dealers are different. I can’t comment on how each dealer will handle it but most of them are pretty mod friendly to a certain point.

My recommendation would for anyone in here would be to make nice with your service writer and feel them out. If they’re strict at the beginning for let’s say a lift and some wheels that’s not the dealer you want to be using. Find someone who is also passionate about the vehicle and become friendly with them and always make sure to tip them. You’d be surprised how far that goes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great to have tune options.

I'm concerned about high-flow air filters in an off-road vehicle. I've read from some folks on the forum who've been wheeling out in the dirt/dust and remarked how dirty their filter was and even brought up the idea of some type of pre-filter setup.
The Whipple air filter is a direct replacement for stock. It’s still housed by the factory air box so I personally wouldn’t be too concerned with having any issues with a simple air filter swap. These also don’t need an EO number and are 50 state legal which is a big thing nowadays.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jared, I met you today in the parking lot while you were filming this afternoon. Nice to meet you! - Brad
Hey Brad,
Small world huh. Pleasure to meet you as well. You rolled up right as we were filming this stuff. Should have taken some behind the scenes photos as these parts from Whipple especially the Tomahawk is a game changer.

Feel free to reach out anytime and we’ll be glad to help you with whatever you need.

Sick ride BTW. What was that? I know it was a hybrid but didn’t recognize the model.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it mentions shift calibration, would this step on any of the drivemodes?

Is it surprising that an aftermarket tuner could do a better calibration than the OEM? No experience with these things though.
Drive modes stay and function the same just enhanced.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flashing your vehicle doesn’t automatically void your warranty. There’s laws that protect consumers from this type of stuff (Magnuson Moss Act)

With that said all dealers are different. I can’t comment on how each dealer will handle it but most of them are pretty mod friendly to a certain point.

My recommendation would for anyone in here would be to make nice with your service writer and feel them out. If they’re strict at the beginning for let’s say a lift and some wheels that’s not the dealer you want to be using. Find someone who is also passionate about the vehicle and become friendly with them and always make sure to tip them. You’d be surprised how far that goes.
You didn’t answer my question. Is this an ECU swap, do you have to unlock the ECU to do this tune? If so, there is not a dealer in the US that won’t void a warranty for messing with your ECU. I’ve owned many sports cars, I know the drill with this.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I thought the transmission with the 2.7 can't handle much more torque a tune push it to high. 5 Star talked about that. Unless your increasing HP with small torque increases.
I’m sure that Whipple would only release a calibration thst is safe and doesn’t have any failures or long term effects. If you know how much time, technology and money it takes to make something like this happen you’ll know that they’ve done their research and durability testing and wouldn’t put something out there if it was harmful.

Sponsored

Milzy90

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE 20 Explorer ST 90 Bronco + many more
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can't help but to agree with this because I work at a Ford dealer and that's exactly how we are. We are mod friendly to the fullest extent we can be. As long as you don't come in acting like a clown I generally look the other way with mods. As an former s550 owner I would connect with other owners and offer assistance if they were getting resistance from another dealer. I plan to continue the same service to Bronco owners I interact with.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Brad,
Small world huh. Pleasure to meet you as well. You rolled up right as we were filming this stuff. Should have taken some behind the scenes photos as these parts from Whipple especially the Tomahawk is a game changer.

Feel free to reach out anytime and we’ll be glad to help you with whatever you need.

Sick ride BTW. What was that? I know it was a hybrid but didn’t recognize the model.
Yes, very small world! It’s a 2021 Accord Touring Hybrid. I drive all over FL for work and had an F150 eco boost for 5 years and spent a fortune on gas. The Bronco will be my wife’s and our family car.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting,

If it is a regular SD card could you download the CAL 2x's? That way you have one to send to Whipple and another to return to stock if need be?

Could you have 2 tune's sent back? Say one slightly different for 37's and another for 33's. I am really not looking for huge power gains (2.3 manual here) anywhere 350/350 would be cool but I would love to be able to adjust the speedo/calibrate for larger tires.

I totally dig the datalogging as a Tweecer RT user on my 94 mustang along with an innovate WB. Great if you can access the log file easily as I imagine the handheld will be brutal to view a log unless it does some crunching of the log.

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a great conversation with an engineer at Ford Performance in their booth at SEMA. He said a tune is expected in the 1 st qtr of 22. He also assured me that it will wake up the 2.3, adding about 25 hp move the torque lower down the rpm curve, and throttle response will sharpen. He also said it would be able to change tire size.
He said they are limited by carb, epa, and 50 state requirements. There will most likely be a 48 state version and separate Calif. version. Really great conversation. When it’s released I’m convinced Ill buy it.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the BroncoDR will 10R80 to accommodate more torque. Because your speculation is exactly correct the 10R60 can’t handle much more torque
Yes it does
Sponsored