First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Decent Video and I have actually owned many Rubicons and 4Runners. I do not have my Bronco yet but can honestly tell you the 4Runner just kills the Rubicon in the fast paced driving over the rough terrain. And yeh the Rubicon is going to take the 4Runner in the Rock Crawling to a degree but the Solid axles front and back in the Rubicon is radical BAD when your high tailing it over the rough terrain. The Bronco looks IMO like the 4Runner capability's and would assume it will eat up the bumps and be an overall great vehicle. I have owned a few Raptors as well and those are the baddest ass factory trucks I have ever owned. They just eat up the terrain with incredible confidence and speeds. The Author will let us know his decisions and would be hard to imagine he wouldn't take the Bronco.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well done video👍
The thing the 4 runner does with the lights under neath is so people in your group can find you when camping especially at Pismo.
The Rubicon is no joke ,I wouldn't want to blow a steering rack on a bronco in the middle.
The bronco probably drives nicer on the road ,but the Rubicon will be sturdier.
Those trails in the desert looked pretty easy,every vehicle has its strong and weak points none are perfect ,they should have shown what it looks like with the hood open imo the worst part of the bronco.With that said can't wait for mine 3/7/22.

OP
OP
SCORCH

SCORCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for a Rig
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Author will let us know his decisions and would be hard to imagine he wouldn't take the Bronco.
I'd take one if it was handed to me. I really enjoyed the ride and was so much more quiet than I expected. You are going to love yours.

The issue at the moment is that if you special order one it's not coming until heck knows when (2023? Paul waited over a year...) and if you try to buy one off the lot its going to be five-figures above MSRP. The rig is so good that demand outstripped supply, then slapped supply's family around while supply was forced to watch.

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd take one if it was handed to me. I really enjoyed the ride and was so much more quiet than I expected. You are going to love yours.

The issue at the moment is that if you special order one it's not coming until heck knows when (2023? Paul waited over a year...) and if you try to buy one off the lot its going to be five-figures above MSRP. The rig is so good that demand outstripped supply, then slapped supply's family around while supply was forced to watch.
If you are good with a soft top, the wait time has really come down as of late. You would definitely get it this year. Mine was worth the wait. I really dread driving the JK now, it's noisy, rough to drive and kind of a turd in the power area too.

Sponsored

combatninja

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Weird video. It was just an awkward Q &A with owners who are going to doubtless justify their purchase. Kind of like when the Rubicon Jeep guy (with 35s and no reference to a regear) claimed that it has "plenty of torque for what he is doing). Okay dude, tell me it's slow without telling me it's slow.
There was no analysis of how each truck negotiated the same obstacle, no swapping of drivers between rigs. That's where you learn something.

OP
OP
SCORCH

SCORCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for a Rig
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those trails in the desert looked pretty easy...
Yes, it was an easy ride for sure. It was more scenic than challenging. I had not met Paul before and was not sure I would find someone willing to push their brand new Bronco. Our next ride is going to be a different story...

OP
OP
SCORCH

SCORCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for a Rig
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Q &A with owners who are going to doubtless justify their purchase."
Thanks for your feedback. It was a first time effort for all of us. I came to the same conclusion as you in the end. I wrap it up acknowledging that everyone loves their rig so I need to figure out what "my rig" is exactly. Our next ride out is going to be on harder trails, so that video will have a bit more of the technical stuff you are looking for.

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, it was an easy ride for sure. It was more scenic than challenging. I had not met Paul before and was not sure I would find someone willing to push their brand new Bronco. Our next ride is going to be a different story...
You're here so I'm assuming you've already decided?

I don't know how tall you are but I find the B-pillar in both the jeep and Bronco 4 door hits me smack right in the shoulder. In the Bronco 4 door my shoulder literally touches the B-pillar in my normal driving position and this is pita imo. I'm 6'-1". If you're near my height pay attention to this and decide for yourself if it's something you could live with.

Me, I can't live with that B-pillar leaning on me. It's just too narrow in the shoulders!

The 2 door bronco has a larger door which places the B-pillar behind my shoulder giving my upper body lots of shoulder width. It feels nice and wide and I like that.

Ford hopefully makes the next generation 4 door with the same size doors as on the 2 door!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the Bronco with IFS will generally best a Wrangler in this sort of higher speed off-roading. But how many people are blasting along at high speed off-road? Nearly all my off-roading in the Colorado Rockies, Moab, and even in Wisconsin and the U.P. Michigan, has been of the slower variety, trails you cannot blast along at high speeds.

For me I'd say the Bronco would give an advantage off-pavement, on washboard dirt roads on the way to off-road trails. My live axle Jeeps are crummy at handling washboard surfaces. I'd probably be getting to the trails faster in a Bronco.

There are enough videos out there now though, showing Bronco or Wrangler will get most people where they want to go off-road. They are both very capable vehicles. If someone is unable to have fun in either, they are doing it wrong.
Sponsored