First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think I've be here 2 years. Others have been here 4 years. And over a full year ago we had guys breaking into joints with tape measuring devices for trunk inches. Data sheets for suspension heights. Back end servers for grill specs.
Math nerds were on high alert.

Now we have broncos landing in people's driveways. And no is pulling out the tape measure for the engine bay? Distance between strut towers x radiator to fire wall.. you know what I'm getting at.
I haven't measured it with a tape but using my calibrated eye, it looks like there is plenty of room under the hood for a bigger engine.
Sponsored

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have no idea what you’re getting at.
YOU have no idea what you’re getting at.

Engine bay dimensions? No reasonable person would consider an engine swap based only on those dimensions. What else might you be considering?
I'm waiting for someone to design up some real inner fender liners.

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quick and dirty measurements:
Firewall recess to radiator:
C57803AD-84EE-417E-9294-455792F09F9F.jpeg

shock tower/inner fender across:
7503F6C7-E2A3-4D10-A174-358976919215.jpeg

5C650080-B118-403E-BB89-585AB15D84D8.jpeg

I hope you appreciate my trip out into the cold, wet world. Plus a skunk somewhere decided to bestow upon me a stench unlike anything else. Somewhere close by and highly offensive.
Now hold on... How do we know this is YOUR Bronco (or a Bronco at all)? You could be trying to set us up for one of those Nigerian enging swap scams that I heard about on NPR last week. Not that I care, as I am waiting on a fat Lottery windfall from an Uncle that I never knew I had, then I plan on having a 12 V 71 Detroit diesel swapped into my Bronco. It's gonna' be bitchin'!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now hold on... How do we know this is YOUR Bronco (or a Bronco at all)? You could be trying to set us up for one of those Nigerian enging swap scams that I heard about on NPR last week. Not that I care, as I am waiting on a fat Lottery windfall from an Uncle that I never knew I had, then I plan on having a 12 V 71 Detroit diesel swapped into my Bronco. It's gonna' be bitchin'!
I got you, bruh:
It’s a me, a-Mario!:
Ford Bronco Bronco6g members dropping the ball. A8E79F46-370E-40D6-BBF9-B119E79999EB

*and HOW can you deny it’s all true Bronco with that 2.7 spaghetti monster of hoses and wires!!!???

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Front to back or left to right? I can point to several V8s in an east-west config. And who says the V8 has to go up front? Think in the bed like the Little Red Wagon drag truck from the sixties
Ha!!! Been around a while if you remember that...

1964Wagon.jpg

Sponsored

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
YES!! Detroit power

GardenGirl

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Sasquatch Lux Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you want me to take a break from driving my First Edition around the mall parking lot and measure for you?

Last edited:

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think I've be here 2 years. Others have been here 4 years. And over a full year ago we had guys breaking into joints with tape measuring devices for trunk inches. Data sheets for suspension heights. Back end servers for grill specs.
Math nerds were on high alert.

Now we have broncos landing in people's driveways. And no is pulling out the tape measure for the engine bay? Distance between strut towers x radiator to fire wall.. you know what I'm getting at.

Maybe the bronco buyers are not as advanced level geeks as previously thought?

I'm still waiting to find out if this type of oem transponder key, can be paired with a bronco and work same as a key fob with a dead battery?
Ford Bronco Bronco6g members dropping the ball. 1642977476488

The value in a compact waterproof non-electronic key like this for being out in the wild hunting/fishing/backpacking/surfing/canoeing/kayaking is huge!
Sponsored