First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Bronco6g friends! I have finally taken delivery of my Oxford White Bronco 4 Dr Soft top Badlands with the 2.7L EcoBoost/Auto, LUX, and Sasquatch package.

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 0F3AA58A-77A8-4AE7-97E6-86D6DBD16B1B

**This post will be updated to reflect any changes to the planned build **

**This thread will be updated with posts containing pictures and descriptions of the build progress**

Goal

To build a capable vehicle with capacity to haul a family of four and their gear to various outdoor destinations traversing over varying types of terrain and conditions.

Factory Spec
  • 2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door
  • Oxford White / Hardtop Soft Top
  • 2.7 EcoBoost / Auto Transmission
  • Sasquatch Package
  • Lux Package
  • Towing (removed due to commodity constraint)

Mods

Suspension/Wheels/Tires

• King Off-Road Racing Shocks 2.5” w/ Compression Adjuster - Ordered
  • RPG Off-Road Upper Control Arm (King Blue) - Ordered
  • RPG Off-Road 1/2 Tie Rod Kit (King Blue) - Ordered
  • Icon Alloys Rebound Pro (17.8.5, 0mm offset, Satin Black) - Received
  • Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 (35x12.50R17) - Received

Exterior/Lights
  • Diode Dynamics Stage Series 3" Pro LED Pods (Ditch) - Ordered
  • Diode Dynamics Stage Series 6" Light Bar (Rear) - Ordered
  • Lux Rock Lights - Ordered

Recovery/Tools
  • Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum
  • ARB Speedy Seal Puncture Repair Kit II (ARB4297) - Post #10
  • ARB Digital Tire Inflator (ARB601) - Post #10
  • Ford Performance ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit (M-1830-FPAC) - Post #7 & Post #15
  • Ford Performance Warn Off-Road Recovery Kit (M-1830-FPORR) - Post #11
  • MORRFlate Quad - Post #16
  • NOCO Lithium Jump Starter

Communication
  • Rocky Talkie (FRS) - Post #12
  • Zoleo GPS Communicator

Armor
  • TBD

Engine / Turbo
  • TBD
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds awesome and fun. Looking forward to seeing the progress!
It's going to be a long Winter/Spring waiting for delivery but it'll be worth it in the end. I'm excited to share and I'm also looking forward to seeing the builds from other owners.

Reactions: JAC
OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the order banks opening last week, these are exciting times for reservation holders. Like some of you, I placed my order through my dealer and will now be waiting patiently as it moves through the build process.

I was a bit disappointed to learn that the 4.7 FDR wasn't available as a stand alone option. Therefor, I decided to add the SQTCH package and will now need to think about what tires I will need to purchase for the winter/snow season.

As a 7/13 timestamped reservation holder, I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll receive my bronco in the Summer/Fall timeframe. In the next several months, I plan to reach out to various vendors to get better understand of their offerings for the Bronco and their timeframe for release.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today, I received an email from my dealer indicating that my order is being previewed and that I may receive my VIN in the next several days. Needless to say, my excitement level went up a couple of notches this morning and I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll take delivery of my Bronco this summer. To celebrate, I ordered my first upgrade item (from the list above) and will post pictures and a brief write up when it arrives.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Performance By ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit (M-1830-FPAC)

Manufacturer: Ford Performance (ARB)
Link: Click here

Online Store: Stage 3 Motorsport
Price: $323.10 (free shipping)

There are numerous offerings from as many vendors when it comes to tire pressure and air inflation solutions. I recently decided on and purchased the ARB portable single air compressor kit by Ford Performance. The portable kit comes installed with ARB's single air compressor inside a plastic tool case and includes an air hose and various attachments. A fused jumper cable is used to attach the unit to the battery to power up the system.

I am impressed with the fit and finish of the kit, the case, handle, and latches feels sturdy and the air compressor along with the attachment accessories look and feel high quality. I did a quick test of its functionality and it performed as expected. Long term durability and reliability is still TBD and I look forward to putting this kit through its paces.

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 302D40BA-1301-4096-B234-A48BBDC8F96C

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build B4581E6B-B741-473C-898B-AC724CB51DA2

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 6214118F-DCF2-4217-BB92-77C8137E7F7B

Last edited:

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s brutal regarding your preview. It’s a roller coaster ride for sure. I took the liberty of copying your mods list. Thanks for doing all the research and heavy lifting 😁. Hang in there and hopefully we’ll get some news this week, or at least by 31 May.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s brutal regarding your preview. It’s a roller coaster ride for sure. I took the liberty of copying your mods list. Thanks for doing all the research and heavy lifting 😁. Hang in there and hopefully we’ll get some news this week, or at least by 31 May.
I considerate myself fortunate that my order is being previewed and recognize that others are still waiting for this next crucial step. I have some additional items coming so check back for more pictures and initial impressions.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. ARB Speedy Seal Puncture Repair Kit Series 2 (10000011)

2. ARB Digital Tire Inflator (ARB601)

Manufacturer: ARB

Online Store: Amazon
Link #1: Click here
Price: $43.12 (Prime)

Link #2: Click here
Price: $55.86 (Prime)

To pass the time while waiting for the email from Ford, I purchased and received the following items. The ARB’s digital inflator will be a good addition to the recently acquired portable air compressor and the puncture repair kit will come in handy when a quick patch job is required out on the trail or on the side of the road.

The fit and finish of both items are on par with its price tag. The digital inflator performed as expected and appears to provide an accurate reading of the tire pressure. I look forward to trying out the puncture repair kit when the need arises and expect it to perform as advertised.

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 1C24B352-0A19-4FB3-8563-4DF46CBB899A

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 3ED1D92B-7518-4E21-A270-DB1F7411301C
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 8E34D23F-8164-4171-97E4-4B5FC100F6B9
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 66863EA3-9ADA-46E5-A1B7-7C89FD4EDB5E
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 6E3230B6-5CD8-4F08-826A-BCE930E5DD64

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Performance Warn Off-road Recovery Kit (M-1830-FPORR)

Manufacturer: Ford Performance (WARN)

Price: $135 (free shipping)

In anticipation for this week’s email announcement from Ford, I ordered and received the off-road recovery kit. It was either going to be a celebratory unboxing or a consolation prize for not receiving the VIN/build date. This kit includes a carry bag, Warn Industries D-ring, Ford Performance branded recovery strap and size XL gloves, and manuals in different languages.

Warn is a reputable name in the off-road community and produces durable, innovative, and trusted off-road products. I fully expect the components of this kit to perform as advertised and be trusted to get me or others out of sticky situations out on the trail. I will build onto this kit by including additional items that I feel are critical for recovery.

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 348393C4-2DA2-4EE8-9AEF-C490B5EE0B91
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build E731A0FA-94FE-4DB6-8646-C383D26791EF

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rocky Talkie

Manufacturer: Rocky Talkie

Online Store: Rocky Talkie
Price: $95 (free shipping)

I’ve been looking for a communication solution for my Bronco. Originally, the plan was to mount and hardwire a GMRS two-way radio, such as the Midlands MXT400. When installed correctly, this type of setup ensures maximum range and functionality. That being said, the open/accessible nature of the Bronco w/ the soft top does introduce challenges and risks when it comes to security. I realize that this will influence my decision when considering other components to mount on my dash.

For this reason and to support my other outdoor activities, such as backcountry skiing and hiking, I purchased and received the Rocky Talkie handheld two-way FRS radio. Rocky Talkie is based out of Colorado and is a license-free radio that is designed for climbers and backcountry skiers. It’s rugged features includes a shatterproof screen, carabiner, backup leash, and is capable of operating in extremely cold temperatures (-20F). The radio is able to transmit the maximum power legally allowed for use w/o a license at 2-watts and has a max range of ~25 miles, 1-5 miles would be typical in a backcountry/mountain terrain.

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 81B756F8-241A-4FD5-8E6D-D71E10571CE4
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 4E6929C6-CE13-4557-924B-35E690F72544
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 51DEEDF8-BDE3-410D-9D85-B3F42914081D

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Performance By ARB Portable Air Compressor Kit (M-1830-FPAC)

Manufacturer: Ford Performance (ARB)

Price: $323.10 (free shipping)

There are numerous offerings from as many vendors when it comes to tire pressure and air inflation solutions. I recently decided on and purchased the ARB portable single air compressor kit by Ford Performance. The portable kit comes installed with ARB's single air compressor inside a plastic tool case and includes an air hose and various attachments. A fused jumper cable is used to attach the unit to the battery to power up the system.

I am impressed with the fit and finish of the kit, the case, handle, and latches feels sturdy and the air compressor along with the attachment accessories look and feel high quality. I did a quick test of its functionality and it performed as expected. Long term durability and reliability is still TBD and I look forward to putting this kit through its paces.

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 51DEEDF8-BDE3-410D-9D85-B3F42914081D

What size tires are those.
Did you do any timing tests on how long it takes to bring them back to street psi after airing them down to 15-20psi?

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What size tires are those.
Did you do any timing tests on how long it takes to bring them back to street psi after airing them down to 15-20psi?
Hello Ryuk,

The tire size is 265/75R16 (31.6 inches).

When aired down to 15psi, it takes ~2:20 to air them back up to 35psi.
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 15psi

At 1 minute mark, it airs up to 24psi.
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 1min.PNG

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 24psi

At 2 minute mark, it airs up to 32psi.
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 2min.PNG

Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 32psi

At 2 min & 20 sec mark, it airs up to 35psi.
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 220min.PNG
Ford Bronco BroncoEPIC's 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Build 35psi
Sponsored