First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got back from Barrett Jackson. The new Broncos are just about the first thing you see as you enter. I canā€™t really add that much to whatā€™s been said except to say that the velocity blue is a spectacular color. I have never wanted to own a blue vehicle, but seeing that has really got me thinking about it. I liked the antimatter blue but I think I would grow tired of it after a while. Before this my first choice was iconic silver. I really wish I could see these colors in person before choosing.

Of course, the Ford rep there couldnā€™t answer any questions. Oddly he stated that the only thing he could answer was towing capacity and proceeded to tell me it was 5000 lbs. I said the build site indicated 3500 lbs and I just got a blank look in return. Perhaps he knows something I donā€˜t.

There were quite a few restored EBā€™s there and a few what appeared to me to be scratch builds. I only saw 3 original 302ā€™s and surprisingly the rest were Coyote engines. I guess Iā€™ve been out of the EB resto game long enough that I lost track of the preferred engine. Besides the 302ā€™s, no Windsorā€™s in sight. Also surprised that I only saw 66-77 EBā€™s and absolutely no 78-96 versions.

Bob

tower9000

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got back from Barrett Jackson. The new Broncos are just about the first thing you see as you enter. I canā€™t really add that much to whatā€™s been said except to say that the velocity blue is a spectacular color. I have never wanted to own a blue vehicle, but seeing that has really got me thinking about it. I liked the antimatter blue but I think I would grow tired of it after a while. Before this my first choice was iconic silver. I really wish I could see these colors in person before choosing.

Of course, the Ford rep there couldnā€™t answer any questions. Oddly he stated that the only thing he could answer was towing capacity and proceeded to tell me it was 5000 lbs. I said the build site indicated 3500 lbs and I just got a blank look in return. Perhaps he knows something I donā€˜t.

There were quite a few restored EBā€™s there and a few what appeared to me to be scratch builds. I only saw 3 original 302ā€™s and surprisingly the rest were Coyote engines. I guess Iā€™ve been out of the EB resto game long enough that I lost track of the preferred engine. Besides the 302ā€™s, no Windsorā€™s in sight. Also surprised that I only saw 66-77 EBā€™s and absolutely no 78-96 versions.

Bob
The Ranger tows 3500, so I don't think the Bronco will be more than that.

Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tow capacity wasnā€™t something I asked of the rep. That certainly isnā€™t influencing my purchasing decision. My point was that it seemed odd that the only spec he volunteered on his own was one that is of secondary importance, and even then he got it wrong. But he was friendly, so I suppose thatā€™s whatā€™s important at an expo.

Iron Chinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Chinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Showing up with a Lightning Blue FE, Antimatter Blue Black Diamond and Cyber Orange Bronco Sport.

Ford Bronco Broncos at Barrett Jackson Auction: 2-Door Lightning Blue Bronco + 4-Door Antimatter Blue Bronco tenor
Ford Bronco Broncos at Barrett Jackson Auction: 2-Door Lightning Blue Bronco + 4-Door Antimatter Blue Bronco tenor

Ii have a 4/door Bronk in Anti-Matter blue and get compliments and questions on the color from all kinds of different people. I changed my color at the final order and I'm happy I did that. It's very blue AND very mysterious !! Ha!

Kingman Wash.JPG
Sponsored