www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

W

What is a blue sticker?
Blue sticker is referring to the Window Label. Blue ones are for stock inventory, customer orders get a green sticker. I have seen a couple of customer orders come through with blue stickers for some reason.
Sponsored

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer had 2 broncos that were 'demos' that could not be sold for six months, and 2 bluestickers on the lot.

That said, I bought my Badsquatch as a abandoned order (MSRP), and left my Wildtrack order.

They 'allegedly' have 2 buyers for the Wildtrack at $10k over sticker.

Glenn

Wildtrak
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush,21 CFTP GT500,20 Explorer ST,67 Nova
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just looked up on car guru and saw like 50 bronco's for sale (new on dealer lots). Most of them listed for MSRP, so tomorrow I'm going shopping to see if this is true some were ordered and some were blue stickers! Ordered a WT loaded back in May, don't think I will see it anytime soon!

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recently purchased a dealer mannequin from a dealer in Maine. I was late to the Bronco craze and decided I was just going to find one online and buy it. Needless to say it did not go like that.

Prior to buying mine I had extended my online search on Cars.com and Autotrader to the entire country. I spoke with dealers in every state on the east coast, TN, OH, IA, TX, WV and probably many more. I had an accepted offer at MSRP (+ $2k worth of accessories) on a red OBX in Iowa but my family vetoed the red. Had a BB at msrp in upstate NY but it really wasn’t the one I wanted so I passed.

My search was specific to 2drs. I give all that background to show that I have a lot of very recent experience looking at these listings online and I can say fairly confidently that those listings you are seeing are going to be customer orders and not for sale or if they are for sale they’ll be marked up at least 10k.

That being said, for every 4 dealers that told me they would not budge off 10k (or 15k, or 20k) over, I found 1 who was willing to come down a little and a few that were quite reasonable.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just looked up on car guru and saw like 50 bronco's for sale (new on dealer lots). Most of them listed for MSRP, so tomorrow I'm going shopping to see if this is true some were ordered and some were blue stickers! Ordered a WT loaded back in May, don't think I will see it anytime soon!
Since I'm at Granger and looking at a late '23 build time frame, I've been scouting dealer inventory nation wide. I'm a 2-Dr only person, btw.

I can tell you from first hand experience in reaching out to them that 75% of those listed are customer orders that get listed on Autotrader and Car Guru.

Then you got those that have been abandoned and listed on one or both sites and they put price at MSRP.
Every time I emailed/inquired about one they came back that it has a $15k mark up, because of market, and won't even consider an offer at MSRP.

Then there are those that list MSRP on Autotrader, Car guru and such but when you go to their web site, you see the actual price they have on it. The mark up is usually $15k to $25k with First editions commanding at least $25k to $50k ADM.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ckrrm3

Ckrrm3

Big Bend
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 3.5 Ecoboost, Fusion 1.6 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When exactly did you change your build? What is your exact configuration? How many other orders does your dealer have? What was your dealer's allocation?

If you have some/all of these, you can get a pretty good idea.

FWIW, scheduling for Bronco doesn't resume until at least 1/13. So you won't know for at least another week if you're being scheduled. Production scheduled at that time will be 4 weeks of production in Late Feb through March. Soft top production will be approximately 53% of total production for this period.

I can't speak for your dealership, but we are receiving a couple more than the last couple wholesale averages. That likely means Ford is ramping up production and has raised their capacity, which was expected. I'm just one dealer though, so dealer's YMMV.
Since I'm at Granger and looking at a late '23 build time frame, I've been scouting dealer inventory nation wide. I'm a 2-Dr only person, btw.

I can tell you from first hand experience in reaching out to them that 75% of those listed are customer orders that get listed on Autotrader and Car Guru.

Then you got those that have been abandoned and listed on one or both sites and they put price at MSRP.
Every time I emailed/inquired about one they came back that it has a $15k mark up, because of market, and won't even consider an offer at MSRP.

Then there are those that list MSRP on Autotrader, Car guru and such but when you go to their web site, you see the actual price they have on it. The mark up is usually $15k to $25k with First editions commanding at least $25k to $50k ADM.
https://www.machaikfordlincoln.com/new-Georgetown-2021-Ford-Bronco-Badlands-1FMDE5CH4MLA63359

2 Door for ya…

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is why I made my order more plain than I originally planned. Got built last June, but was stuck at DM til late September. Got it for 3k under msrp.

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cancelled my Bronco Sport order and went with a Bronco Badlands in March 2021. So hopefully a 2022 build?

Just came from my dealer to confirm everything.

They LOVE cancelled orders - said he sold a First Edition for close to 20k above sticker within a week and the guy flipped it for over 100k the next week.

Bonkers.
Looks like the crypto checks are hitting the mailboxes around the country, or what?

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The builds we have are cancelled orders. The only ones that aren't are Mannequin units. Ford is building reservations. These are just units that have been abandoned.
Abandoned or have the reservationists been priced out of them.... :unsure:

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As others are saying, Broncos shown as available on dealer websites are either "that one is a customer order...but we can order one for you" or dealer mannequins or abandoned orders, all marked up. MacHaik Georgetown and Covert dealerships (not a good rep, I won't deal with them anytime) both did MSRP for special orders but are marking up anything available $15-30k.
This is exactly what I'm finding.
I've also noticed, within the past few days, there are 2022's hitting the Autotrader, Car guru, Cars.com lists.
The sad part is there's nothing in the ads that state it's a 'special' order, but it's more than obvious if it's anything other than a Big Bend/Base 4-Dr basic build.
You even have to check those if the window sticker comes up available to view, which isn't always the case.

Basically, don't trust any ad that lists the price at MSRP right now and most likely for the next 6 to 8 months at a minimum and especially for 2-Dr Broncos.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

some are abandoned reservations, some are reservations that the dealer staff, friends, family, neighbors, and proctologist placed on their behalf to be flipped.

I think there are some rules on how many reservations can be sold to someone other than the reservation holder, or atleast penalties if you exceed that limit... but either these units fit under that threshold, the dealers dont care, or Ford has had to back off on that policy because it was too broadly violated and they cant "punish" everyone

worth noting, some broncos may be pending pickup. especially around the holiday. Ive been out of town for a few weeks, my bronco is waiting at the dealer for the past 3 weeks... Ill be there on Monday.
It's basically a nutless rule now. Ford dropped the percentage from 80% to 60% in their '22 allocation formula after the mega dealers whined. So, once again Ford just screwed it's reservation holders.
Sponsored